heralds vs legion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
i don't usually like these big team battles but legion is a team that rarely gets any love on the forum so....

finding a definitive list of legion members is essentially impossible. so many reboots and weird continuity changes. i know the 94-2004 era team best and haven't followed much after that except for some of the major arcs or tie-ins. anyway, i just decided to pick the 10 members most might be familiar with. if you want to also compare the most current version of group that would be fine as most (including me) don't know much about them. anyway, all the heralds face off against the MY legion:

Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Fallen One, Red Shift, Firelord, Nova, Air-Walker, Stardust and Jonny Storm

vs

saturn girl, mon-el, brainiac, cosmic boy, lightning lad, wildfire, sensor girl (projectra), element lad, karate kid, shadow lass

assume legion have full knowledge of each other and work as well as the team classically works together. do they have a chance?

abhilegend
Legion have a lot of weak links.

leonidas
yeah. i could have simply chosen the most powerful members i guess but a lot of the most powerful ones aren't the best known ones. i guess it's what makes legion so tough in forum settings. /shrug

abhilegend
Yeah, full power Legion trumps 99% of teams in comics.

beatboks
Originally posted by abhilegend
Legion have a lot of weak links.

Yeah specifically for my mind Cosmic Boy, lightning lad, shadow lass and to a lesser degree element lad and. Brainy aren't really in the league of most of the heralds.

Element Lad can certainly compete with them but having the other weak links makes it tough.

Brainy's ff belt would protect him but standard gear without prep doesnt gove him much to make a fight of it.

It would be real interesting to see how Jeckie's illusuons worked on cosmic awareness. She certainly fouls up a lot of other hax sensory ability and this might be the only saving grace for this line up vs the herald team. It would however require full knowledge of the heralds.

There's no denyung though IMHO that Saturn Girl, Mon-el, Jeckie, Wildfire and Val are going to give which ever herald they face a bloody hard time of it.

XLR87T3
What are the cheese feats for Legion team? Those matter more than fights, and Silver Surfer should have this in the bag

MrMind
geniunely curious, who are the more powerful legion members out there? The white witch? who else?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by XLR87T3
What are the cheese feats for Legion team? Those matter more than fights, and Silver Surfer should have this in the bag

Is this for your thread on Comicvine? Still waiting on those WW scans laughing out loud

Anyway, based on 'cheese', lol, Saturn Girl has that, which should put her over the others.

beatboks
Originally posted by MrMind
geniunely curious, who are the more powerful legion members out there? The white witch? who else?

White witch yes though more powerful as Black witch

Celeste Mcauley (last living embodiment of Oan power)

Kid Quantum II generate stasis fields and warp reality within them.

Wildfire is living consceousness comprised of antimatter

Harmonia Lee is an immortal who controls the 4 elements and with it weather.

XS flash descendant

Rond Vidar only GL of 30th century

Saturn girl TPer with universal level feats

Sensor girl can control perception to create illusions or remove the illusion of distance and compltely alter perception

Then there are the Superman/girl level bricks

Andromeda (daxamite woman)

Mon-el

Ultraboy

Thunder (30th century marvel gamily member)

Superman

Supergirl

Kent Shakespear

Other than that a few that had wildly varying powers. Like Tyroc whos sonic scream in early depictions had ridiculous effects like teleportation, pyrochinisis, wind control. More recently it's been shown as just a concussive force blast

beatboks
Oh and element lad who can matter manipulate, but needs to touch to do so

MrMind
Originally posted by beatboks
White witch yes though more powerful as Black witch

Celeste Mcauley (last living embodiment of Oan power)

Kid Quantum II generate stasis fields and warp reality within them.

Wildfire is living consceousness comprised of antimatter

Harmonia Lee is an immortal who controls the 4 elements and with it weather.

XS flash descendant

Rond Vidar only GL of 30th century

Saturn girl TPer with universal level feats

Sensor girl can control perception to create illusions or remove the illusion of distance and compltely alter perception

Then there are the Superman/girl level bricks

Andromeda (daxamite woman)

Mon-el

Ultraboy

Thunder (30th century marvel gamily member)

Superman

Supergirl

Kent Shakespear

Other than that a few that had wildly varying powers. Like Tyroc whos sonic scream in early depictions had ridiculous effects like teleportation, pyrochinisis, wind control. More recently it's been shown as just a concussive force blast

Thanks beatboks you are very knowledgeable on dc in general, did not know more than half the people on that list. seems like most of these characters appear in the 80s and early 90s. They have been abandoned by modern day dc in general.

It's a shame though most of Legion could make such good stories with so much potential. I still remember watching the legion cartoon when I was a kid. they only touched tip of the iceberg compare to the comics but it was interesting and fun

Prof. T.C McAbe
All the Legion needs is Karate Kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Oslaught1262
i thought this was legion the Marvel character lol

Putinbot1
The substitute Legion actually has the more powerful members, like Duplicate boy, who shits on everyone being almost Amazo at his best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.