Replicant vs Westworld

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Which synthetic is more advanced in terms of makeup, biology and overall science?

FrothByte
Which show were replicants from again?

BrolyBlack
Blade Runner

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Which show were replicants from again?

As the OP mentioned, they are from the Blade Runner franchise. They possess inhuman strength and damage soak, as shown in this video:

yBU_dOks2RM

As for the OP, I feel like the Replicants were more impressive as a whole. It feels like only specific individual hosts have shown comparable mental capacity to Replicants.

TheVaultDweller
On further reflection, I am having second thoughts. Because Hosts mainly have previously mentioned mental limitations because people program them that way. But it's actually shown that if you crank everything up to the max, they can even do things like hack and control other hosts. And, much like Replicants, they are physically superior to humans.

riv6672
I say replicants. I think they have the edge physical stats, as impressive as a cranked host is, and hacking and controlling other hosts wont factor into a one on one fight against a replicant.

TheVaultDweller
Well, the OP doesn't actually seem to be a physical fight, but more of an overall comparison. But if it was a physical fight, yes, I would also back the Replicant due to superior physical screen feats.

riv6672
Ah (also ha) good point. I usually think fight in these threads.
Hosts seem versatile, agreed.

BrolyBlack
The replicants were basically 100% human as one ended up giving birth correct?

BruceSkywalker
As a whole, I'd say Westworld..

Westworld has been developed far superior then those from Blade Runner 2049

BrolyBlack
I was thinking in terms of biology and evolution the replicants being able to give birth would make them more advanced.

But in terms of technology and ai, the WestWorld ones seem to have more technology.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I was thinking in terms of biology and evolution the replicants being able to give birth would make them more advanced.

But in terms of technology and ai, the WestWorld ones seem to have more technology.

I think there can definitely be arguments made for both here, as they have different areas where they outshine each other. From an intellectual standpoint, I feel like Hosts have more raw potential. But, as you said, Hosts haven't shown the ability to reproduce in that manner.

Respect for making me more conflicted on a thread result than most lol.

BrolyBlack
I am addicted to both franchises. Its very interesting how they managed to make humans in blade runner, but they are 100% organic but enhanced with long life, speed, and intelligence and finally able to create life.

Scott also said that on some occasions that Dekard was a replicant, not human as well. So that just adds to the intrigue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicant#Was_Deckard_a_replicant?

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Which synthetic is more advanced in terms of makeup, biology and overall science?

Repliants would be it using these parameters. They're very close to being human, the most advanced ones at least.

BrolyBlack
I think so as well as terms of being human but being synthetic and enhanced.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.