Black Manta vs. Tobey Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Who wins

Manta has his blades

John Murdoch
Black Manta is way outclassed here:

- BM swings one of his blades
- Tobey sees it in slow motion
- Tobey either gives him a combo to the face or webs him up before he can do anything

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by John Murdoch

- Tobey either gives him a combo to the face or webs him up before he can do anything

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by John Murdoch

What if he just shoots his eye beams?

Iirc Tobey did not show Spider-Mans dodging ability to the extent say Garfield did against Electro.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Darth Thor
What if he just shoots his eye beams?

Iirc Tobey did not show Spider-Mans dodging ability to the extent say Garfield did against Electro.

Oh heck, good point Darth. I saw in my mind's eye first battle Black Manta and not 2nd battle in Italy Black Manta, my bad.

Well, Tobey has the agility is spades, and he had instances of dodging things like Green Goblin's blades in the building on fire, Harry's spinning blades in 3, Ock's arms here and there. His most impressive agility feats were swinging between a tractor and its trailer in 2 and falling in between the crane and debris off the skyscraper in 3 to save BDH's Gwen Stacy. And the aforementioned building on fire fight against Dafoe's Goblin, though he got sliced by one of the projectile blades (that fight scene was still boss tho; Raimi directed that like a champ).

Anywho, if Tobey utilizes that agility with his very real Spider-Sense when he sees a large armored villain's helmet's eyes LIGHT UP IN BRIGHT RED WITH AN ACCOMPANYING POWERING-UP SOUND WHILE HE IS LOOKING STRAIGHT AT HIM, then yes he should be able to dodge it. If he does the action-hero thing and tries to tank it, BM wins due to incap. I don't know if it will kill Tobey's Spider-Man, as his durability is pretty off the charts, but he is getting seriously messed up and knocked out most likely.

John Murdoch
Also, even baseline BM took some good throws from Aquaman. The thing is with both Arthur and Tobey is this: they both tend to do the action hero "I'm going to wait-and-see what this bad guy can do before I clean his clock" or holding back a bit too much thing. For example:

- Aquaman waiting for BM to monologue and then Cyclops laser eye shoot him at the start of their Italy fight
- Venom Tobey letting the bouncers grab him in the bar scene in SM3, and not turning their and MJ's heads into mush when he decks them.

I know that both examples are plot-driven action movie tropes, otherwise Manta would've been crumpled by Arthur in seconds, but it makes calling a match like this more difficult.

BruceSkywalker
Good match but Tobey's Spidey sense will alert him to anything that Black Manta will do... In the end Tobey spidey will take this

Robtard
Tobey absolutely wrecks here.

I'd also argue that even if Manta were to tag Spidey with a full blast of his eye-beams, it may not kill Spidey, as he tanked a Goblin-Bomb to the face and survived.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Robtard
Tobey absolutely wrecks here.

I'd also argue that even if Manta were to tag Spidey with a full blast of his eye-beams, it may not kill Spidey, as he tanked a Goblin-Bomb to the face and survived.

Yes, that was directly in his grill and he still kept fighting and eventually beat Goblin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.