should yoda fight again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

glenn
Does any one think that yoda should have another battle scene in episode 3 because i sure do.

Raz
Sure why not smile

Corran
Yes, definately, I think Yoda should kill Dooku to prove he is better.

yerssot
hope not

Raz
Maybe a killing spree.

Dexx
yoda has to get kicked in ep III. or maybe he flees of another reason

yerssot
I don't know why people want to see him fight again! it completly kills his character in the OT

glenn
Why not. Dooku thought he could kill him but turned out he couldn't.

Ushgarak
Nor could Yoda kill Dooku though; perfectly drawn fight.

glenn
Yoda really was not trying to kill dooku. He was only defending himself to proove that dooku needed more to learn.

Telemicus
Should Yoda fight again? No, never

glenn
Why not

Telemicus
To be blunt? It was bloody stupid, he looked more like sonic the hedgehog or something and it just served to lower the tone even further of the new trilogy.
He is a powerful Jedi, they could have had a massive fight scene between Yoda and Dooku without the need for them to draw sabers(lightning and force push/pulls etc).
If the lightsaber fight between Obi/ani and dooku had been longer and more intense, there would have been no need to try and rescue the scene with yoda jumping around like a nutter... and then hobbling off with his stick after....? Please.

That is just my opinion.

glenn
Well fine. Be that way.

Metroplex
I dont think Yoda will have a rematch with Dooku. My theory is that Dooku knew that he was going to lose and thats why he tried to kill Anakin and Kenobi forcing Yoda to try to save them while he attempts to escape.

If Dooku was smart, he would not attemp to fight him agian. It would be good to see Yoda fight Anakin.

Ushgarak
Well, as I have stated many times before, look at that fight with eyes beyond being impressed by Yoda's flips and you will see it was dead evens for skill. But Dooku just did not have the time to hang around.

glenn
Yoda fighting anakin. Anakin won't stand a chance. Like to see it happen though.

Ushgarak
There is a rumour- probably just that- that Anakin defeats Yoda in episode iii.

glenn
How can Anakin defeat yoda when he is in ESB and ROTJ. Or are you just saying about a lightsabre battle between them.

yerssot
last one, highly doubt it

Julie
It would be cool if Yoda gets to kill Dooku...in a way paving the way for Anakin to become the right hand mechanical man of Palpy

glenn
What about Yoda fighting Darth Sidiuos. What type of battle would you call that.

triton
Anakin fights and kills Dooku in the first 30 minutes of the movie while Sideous watches. Anakin and Sideous kill Mace Windu. Amidala dies of a choke hold Vader puts on her combined with birth complications. Obi Wan and Vader's "epic battle" ends when Obi wan knocks Vader into an active volcano.

There I ruined the movie for all of you.

go to supershadow.com for insider information if you so desire.

mephistodesigns
i don't see how that ruined his character at all. He teaches saber training, so he can obviously fight. And they tried fighting back and forth with force powers, they were some what even. Obviously, given time, Yoda would have won no contest. Dooku wanted to escape quickly and did not want to waste time, hence his saying the fight cannot be settled with our knowlegde of the force but rather our skills with a lightsaber. It did drain Yoda, the flips were obviously Force induced, and who's to say that by the old trilogy the Dark Side has so dwarfed the light, that it would be nearly impossible for Yoda to have beaten the Emperor. Besides, from what we've heard Sidious does in III, I don't think anyone is a match for him even now. So I don't see what's so wrong with us getting a glimpse of Yoda's skills. and if that rumor about him and anakin is true, then GL may have also had the scene in there to show how powerful he is to make any defeat seem all the more amazing. especially since Anakin made that crack about rivaling Yoda in II during the speeder chase.

mindbugaling
triton that sounds alot like a spoiler, please post sploilers the right way, just in case....somebody might get mad

JediHDM
ok, i found the saber battle between Yoda and Dooku enjoyable, even true to the beliefs of Knights...remember when Kip used the force to enhance his everyday abilities (in the books) and this was against the order, who only use the Force for good, and not to better themselves...well, Yoda is old, so he walks with a cane, but, when he is fighting Dooku, he uses the Force to even he battle, not to better himself, but to show his prowess and beat Dooku...and i think that Yoda fighting again, ANYONE, would be well worth the cost of admission...

mephistodesigns
yo triton, SuperShadow didn't come up with that. Its been posted in here several times already. See the SuperShadow thread if you want to see who he is.

and JediHDM--Hell yeah!

Darth Jello
"possible spoiler"

I thought yoda was already set to fight sidious. I heard he gets humiliated and barely escapes

yerssot
Darth Jello, still not sure last time I heard, though there is a chance

laughing out loud
oh! that's a good one! have to remember that! big grin

Rogue Jedi
no....absolutely not.....

vvvrulz
Argh, nice one.
Warn us before ya post spoilers will ya, for christs sake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.