Vader Episode 1: Shards Of The Past - A Star Wars Theory Fan-film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
I kept the title exactly as it was on YouTube.

It's an incredibly well-done fan-film that is has Ian McClellan as one of the producers (that's awesome).

Don't watch it in the embedded thing. Go to YouTube and watch it full screen at 1080p.

The lines are a bit cheesy at times but this is definitely better than any of the sequel movies. It feels like Star Wars, though. First movie that Lucas wasn't involved in that felt like Star Wars. I want the Disney sequels thrown out. I would prefer these guys make a new set of sequel movies.

Ey68aMOV9gc

Surtur
CMNry4PE93Y

Darth Thor
Its been an incredibly popular video on YouTube. Like was trending really high.

Im looking forward to Episode 2!

Kazenji
Watched it a few days ago, Easily better then the current sequel trilogy.

BruceSkywalker
watched this in one of my star was fb groups... its okay.. cheesy lines.. acting was decent, pretty good cgi .. overall i'd prolly not watch it again. I've seen better fan made star wars stuff

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
watched this in one of my star was fb groups... its okay.. cheesy lines.. acting was decent, pretty good cgi .. overall i'd prolly not watch it again. I've seen better fan made star wars stuff

Agreed about the cheesy lines. It was a bit over-done a couple of times such as him calling a middle aged Vader "Young Apprentice." He's not young anymore.

Your opinion means a lot to me, still. Thanks for contributing.

Do you have some suggestions on other fan-made stuff that's better? I really think some fans are better at making Star Wars than Disney.

Kazenji
Have you seen the Darth Maul fan film?....'DARTH MAUL: Apprentice' is the name of it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Have you seen the Darth Maul fan film?....'DARTH MAUL: Apprentice' is the name of it.

Got it. I'll watch it, now.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Got it. I'll watch it, now.

Yea i liked the darth maul fan film a lot

Kazenji
Came across this one

t6GUxb0kCCA

SquallX

BrolyBlack
Loved both films. Better then Disney or Lucas

BruceSkywalker

SquallX

Kazenji
I don't get it at all Bruce

Squall was pointing out the fans do a better job then the big hollywood studio's / Tv networks.

Eon Blue

BruceSkywalker

Flyattractor
Well. It was Fun while it lasted.

hQ-SMbSS8c

Disney Goes Full Big Evil Corporation.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well. It was Fun while it lasted.

hQ-SMbSS8c

Disney Goes Full Big Evil Corporation.

have some facts.... it wasn;t even disney...

Flyattractor
You just admitted you didn't watch the Vid.

So yeah. You and "Facts" not the closest of bros.

BruceSkywalker
You just admitted you didn't watch the Vid.

So yeah. You and "Facts" not the closest of bros.

no need, this has been going on facebook... Disney HAS nothing to do with Star Wars Theory's trouble

Kazenji
have some facts.... it wasn;t even disney...

Actually it was Disney, They filed the claim on the video and is making money off of it now

I'm presuming this is the video Fly posted because the link is broken on his post

acPFPu_UZWE

BruceSkywalker
Actually it was Disney, They filed the claim on the video and is making money off of it now

I'm presuming this is the video Fly posted because the link is broken on his post

acPFPu_UZWE

it was Warner music group.... they are the ones that actually filed the claim.. plus star wars theory broke Youtube laws

WVAjhjeRPxU

BruceSkywalker
this as well..

https://twitter.com/SteeleWars/status/1084997803581919234? fbclid=IwAR0DuH5iWSFfVvbrFOoxOcZxUkJjfkeSVg2OFnW5d
vkWjGd41SLKXK5e-T4

Flyattractor
More like Google just Sided with there Overlords at Disney.

This is just Little Brucie being a Good Little Shill Boy.

Ridley_Prime
I dont think anyone who doesnt have a bias for Disney wouldnt put it past them to claim the video and make money off of it. Typical soulless corporation thing to do.

Regardless of who the corporate culprit is though, shame this happened. I first saw and liked this fan film when a friend recommended it to me, but shouldve guessed it had a thread here too.

Darth Thor
Of course Disney are shit bags lol

BruceSkywalker
More like Google just Sided with there Overlords at Disney.

This is just Little Brucie being a Good Little Shill Boy.

oh Fly, you should really stop calling yourself that derogatory term... second, other than SW Theory crying, what other proof do you have??? Like I said its all over Facebook. The FB Star Was groups I'm in have talked about it since it broke and unless you and others, these people have actually did their own research and found out the truth..

Darth Thor
Of course hes crying about it. He put all the work into it and financed it, knowing he wasnt allowed to make money off it, but now Disney is making money from his work.

If you actually ever did a hard days work in your life Bruce you might get the frustration there.

playa1258
Petty AF move by Disney which is something I expect from them.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Of course hes crying about it. He put all the work into it and financed it, knowing he wasnt allowed to make money off it, but now Disney is making money from his work.

If you actually ever did a hard days work in your life Bruce you might get the frustration there. How is Disney making money off his work?

jaden_2.0
Apparently Lucasfilm have intervened on his behalf and forced the copyright claim to be rescinded.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tzeentch
How is Disney making money off his work?

Because Disney or Warner has claimed his video on youtube

------

anyway back to the latest news

5wn2jYlmvy4

Flyattractor
I heard the guy hired a guy to compose the music for it. Oh well. Guess I will only be able to see this on a site OTHER then youtube.

Anybody got a link for that?

Flyattractor
oh Fly, you should really stop calling yourself that derogatory term... second, other than SW Theory crying, what other proof do you have??? Like I said its all over Facebook. The FB Star Was groups I'm in have talked about it since it broke and unless you and others, these people have actually did their own research and found out the truth..

Sad to see You Shill for Disney, but a Shill Boy Gonna Shill.

Darth Thor

anyway back to the latest news

5wn2jYlmvy4

Good on ya Lucasfilm!

About time someone put those whiny selfish execs at Disney in their place.

And So much for the crap being made up here by your typical Disney c*** suckers that Star Wars Theory broke YouTube laws and whatever other nonsense.

Tzeentch
Because Disney or Warner has claimed his video on youtube Which resulted in it being taken down. AFAIK they don't have ownership of it. It's not like they could reupload the video under Disney's youtube channel or something.

Darth Thor
Which resulted in it being taken down. AFAIK they don't have ownership of it. It's not like they could reupload the video under Disney's youtube channel or something.

It was never taken down.

Just the guy was told he wouldnt be allowed to make money off it. Then when it became massively popular Disney decided to put a copyright on it and to make money off it for themselves.

Now Lucasfilm has been helpful and told Disney to take down the Ads and the copyright claim.

Tzeentch
You haven't answered my question of how they're making money off of it themselves.

Putting a copyright claim on something does not give you distribution rights for it, nor does it even grant you ownership of it. That's not how copyright works. "You can't make money off that idea because it's a copy of my idea" =\= "your idea now belongs to me and I can do what I want with it".

Kazenji
You do know about the Monetization system on youtube don't ya?

Flyattractor
Yeah. Youtube likes to work like certain old message boards. Play Loose and Fast with their own rules and play favorites.

Darth Thor
You haven't answered my question of how they're making money off of it themselves.

Putting a copyright claim on something does not give you distribution rights for it, nor does it even grant you ownership of it. That's not how copyright works. "You can't make money off that idea because it's a copy of my idea" =\= "your idea now belongs to me and I can do what I want with it".

They put adverts on the vid.

Tzeentch
Adverts on a video that was taken down and can't be watched?

Silent Master
The movie wasn't taken down, they just monetized it.

SquallX
I like what Lucasfilms did, but they are just as bad as Disney. How long as ROTJ came out? Yet they still refuse to pay the original Vader actor his royalties.

Flyattractor
But it is OK for Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm to be asshats. Cause they Make Deh Movies I lurk!!!

Kazenji
How are Disney & Marvel being "Asshats"?

Flyattractor
Both are OWNED by Disney so that makes them DISNEY!

And Disney is a Raging Asshat on Steroids.

Kazenji
So really you have no argument as usual.

Flyattractor
Disny's Horribleness is Rampant for all to see. Only The Shill can't see it.

Darth Thor
Marvel are super cool. They are just owned by ass hats.

Remember it was Disney who fired James Gunn, not Marvel.

And again here Disney were the ones to monetise this video, then Lucasfilm stepped in to stop that.

Flyattractor
Only because of the bad PR it was generating. That and Star Wars being a Dying Franchise.

Darth Thor
Nah still too many OT, PT and KOTOR fans for it to die.

But yeah Disney aint exactly creating a new generation of fans. Our generation will have to force our kids to watch and like it!

StiltmanFTW
Much less successful franchises still "live" to this day despite botching up way more than 1-2 films.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by dadudemon
I kept the title exactly as it was on YouTube.

It's an incredibly well-done fan-film that is has Ian McClellan as one of the producers (that's awesome).

Don't watch it in the embedded thing. Go to YouTube and watch it full screen at 1080p.

The lines are a bit cheesy at times but this is definitely better than any of the sequel movies. It feels like Star Wars, though. First movie that Lucas wasn't involved in that felt like Star Wars. I want the Disney sequels thrown out. I would prefer these guys make a new set of sequel movies.

Ey68aMOV9gc

Watched it today!!

OMG! I loved it! For a fan clip it's better than many of the Disney's work.

Looking forward for ep.2!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.