Thor Ragnorak vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
What is a better movie?

playa1258
Aquaman for me because I like the visuals, scope, action and world building better.

Thor has a better script though which is the weakness of Aquaman.

BrolyBlack
3 votes for Thor

StiltmanFTW
Four.

BrolyBlack
Says a lot when a not even top tier marvel movie is better then the best movie DCU can make

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Eon Blue
Thor was thoroughly a better cinematic experience.

carthage
Thor easily

tkitna
Thor

playa1258
3 votes for Aquaman.

Making progress.

Silent Master
How is drowning in bias "progress"?

-Pr-
Aquaman is 2nd or 3rd, not WBs best by a long way.

That said, Thor does better what it sets out to do, even if what it sets out to do is dumb as shit.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Says a lot when a not even top tier marvel movie is better then the best movie DCU can make

There is something I've noticed...Marvel obviously does better movies than DC on average. However, when DC does make a good film...it's a DAMN good film that blows anything in Marvel away. Though I haven't seen Aquaman yet so I can't comment on that specific film.

I can't think of any Marvel movie that rivals The Dark Knight.

WolvesofBabylon
I'd say Thor although the comedy was a bit over the top.

playa1258
Originally posted by Silent Master
How is drowning in bias "progress"? Looks like you can't handle different opinions. It's ok really.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by playa1258
Looks like you can't handle different opinions. It's ok really. He can't, he's a Marvel fanboy.

And the guy who made this thread is already calling this movie trash and he's never even seen it yet.

playa1258
I really liked the film but I can see where people had problems.

Broly might like it I don't know. Opinions vary.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
Looks like you can't handle different opinions. It's ok really.

Would you like some cheese with your wine?

Originally posted by juggernaut74
He can't, he's a Marvel fanboy.

And the guy who made this thread is already calling this movie trash and he's never even seen it yet.

Yet you have never been able to provide even one example of my bias.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Aquaman is 2nd or 3rd, not WBs best by a long way.

That said, Thor does better what it sets out to do, even if what it sets out to do is dumb as shit.
^^^This is a great post. thumb up

Voting Thor, also.

John Murdoch
Thought Aquaman was basically Thor 1 and Black Panther's storyline mixed the grand visual scope of Ragnarok. Both were way over the top fun movies, but I definitely think Ragnarok was the superior film by a good margin.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Surtur
There is something I've noticed...Marvel obviously does better movies than DC on average. However, when DC does make a good film...it's a DAMN good film that blows anything in Marvel away. Though I haven't seen Aquaman yet so I can't comment on that specific film.

I can't think of any Marvel movie that rivals The Dark Knight.

TDK is over rated af, I prefer TWS, and Infinity War by a landslide.

BrolyBlack
Whats WTS?

Khazra Reborn
TWS, The Winter Soldier.

BrolyBlack
Ah yes, that was better as was Civil War

tkitna
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Same here. Spiderman 2 and X2 were better also even though they came from different studios.

John Murdoch
I'd put Logan, Infinity War, and Batman '89 on par with The Dark Knight in terms of the blockbuster comic book movies, with some other titles like Days of Future Past, The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy right behind them.

Most of my contenders for best comic book movie ever are based off limited run series or lesser known adapted stuff:

- The Crow
- Watchmen
- Sin City
- Road to Perdition
- A History of Violence
- V for Vendetta

The Dark Knight has some aspects to it that are superior to these films (namely, Ledger's performance and Zimmer's score), while the other films I listed above have aspects that top TDK (about all of them in terms of cinematography and action choreography).

EDIT: Changed wording.

Inhuman
Batman Begins>The Dark Knight

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Inhuman
Batman Begins>The Dark Knight

Definitely agree when it comes to the fight choreography. The quick cuts and Baleman actually being a quick-hitting wrecking ball in that film was the best Nolan fight choreography had to offer.

Senor Cage
TDK was just a better overall movie vs Begins.

Flyattractor
Aquaman is the better movie. Better Plot. Better Action and Better Characters.

ThorRag was just a Big Fun Mess that couldn't make its mind up on what kind of movie it wanted to be.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Whilst I dont think TDK is overrated, I do think TWS is on par with it.

WolvesofBabylon
Winter Soldier is Marvel's best in my opinion.

Flyattractor
Large chuncs of WS were actually Pretty Boring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.