Missing People in Humboldt County

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
This is about the 700+ please that disappear every year in Humboldt Country California.

There is also a Netflix documentary on it called Murder Mountain.

What the heck is going on up there?

BackFire
Sounds like an interesting documentary. Will check it out.

Silent Master
That's my favorite hiking spot.

BackFire
RIP Silent Master.

Flyattractor
Mexico's Murder rate is 5 times Higher then the U.S..

It would technically be Higher if they could find more of the bodies.

Hene Mexico also having a Higher rate of Disappearances.

Silent Master
How odd, that's my favorite vacation spot. evil face

riv6672
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Mexico's Murder rate is 5 times Higher then the U.S..

But they have five times as many kids, so it evens out. whistle

Surtur

dadudemon
I'll check out that documentary.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Silent Master
That's my favorite hiking spot.

Tell me more about it.

BrolyBlack

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What does this have to do with the OP, and why are we already making this about race?

Both are Humboldt County.

Surtur
What does this have to do with the OP, and why are we already making this about race?

Same place bro. We know one thing this town ain't missing: white folk.

BrolyBlack
Its about the missing people, not about SJW marches. There is some serious shit going on up there. Also, the FBI doesn't seem to get involved with any of it.

Surtur
Okay well it's hard to discuss this without watching the movie. For instance, the number of people missing...how does it compare to other towns of similar size?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay well it's hard to discuss this without watching the movie. For instance, the number of people missing...how does it compare to other towns of similar size?

5-7people missing a year in similar sized towns. Per year. Almost all of them are children in custody battles.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/09/23/missing-persons-children-numbers/16110709/

cdtm
Judging by the cancelled march:

Maybe the areas just really, really violent? People have been shot in relatively close areas to my home town because they didn't want to deal with someone chewing them out over leaning on their vehicle. Attitudes like that, depending on population size, you can get to 700+ "missing people" really fast.

BrolyBlack

It's not a movie, its a series, but you don't actually have to watch it, there are hundreds of online addresses you can read. It's a county not a town, but all of California besides Humboldt has less than 390 missing persons per year compared to this one county that doubles that number.

http://www.californiacountynews.org/news/2018/02/why-are-there-so-many-missing-people-humboldt-county

BrolyBlack
http://kymkemp.com/2018/02/01/who-is-missing-in-the-emerald-counties/
https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/Missing-Women-Humboldt-Five

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
5-7people missing a year in similar sized towns. Per year. Almost all of them are children in custody battles.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/09/23/missing-persons-children-numbers/16110709/

Lol I'm baffled at how the government hasn't gotten involved.

Maybe it's vampires.

cdtm
Lol I'm baffled at how the government hasn't gotten involved.

Maybe it's vampires.

Government doesn't do shit without public pressure. Why do you think government run senior homes are a mess? Because people ship their elderly folks off and forget about them.

The seniors complain, nobody cares.

Surtur
Why aren't people screaming about this? 700 people compared to 5-7. I don't understand.

BrolyBlack
Its nuts, not a single thing is being done about it. Thousands of unsolved cases lasting decades.

Also this is an area where cannabis is grown. Lots of outlaw growers. People come in to trim weed, and when they want to collect their money, they get killed is what some of this stems from.

Surtur
Looking into it more...sounds like it's the weed business that is the reason lol.

BrolyBlack
Yea but weed is legal in California

Surtur
Yea but weed is legal in California

Yes, which means a lot of money is at stake.

BrolyBlack
But this has been happening for decades. Weed was only legal there recently. Something else is going on. Its also sex trafficking.

The real thing is why is there no FBI lockdown? FBI is always supposed to be involved in missing persons and sex trafficking cases.

Surtur
But this has been happening for decades. Weed was only legal there recently. Something else is going on. Its also sex trafficking.

The real thing is why is there no FBI lockdown? FBI is always supposed to be involved in missing persons and sex trafficking cases.

Seems like criminal enterprises have been in the town for a while and once weed was legal some of them switched to that, but the dangerous element of what they do still remained. I mean the place produces 60% of the weed in this country.

Only reason the FBI would not be involved is either they don't know or they somehow benefit. Seems unlikely they don't know.

Surtur
Reminds me of the town from "The Lost Boys".

BrolyBlack
Seems like criminal enterprises have been in the town for a while and once weed was legal some of them switched to that, but the dangerous element of what they do still remained. I mean the place produces 60% of the weed in this country.

Only reason the FBI would not be involved is either they don't know or they somehow benefit. Seems unlikely they don't know.

Help me search for missing people in that county and post what you come up with

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Surtur
Lol what.

cdtm

This is California, right?

Sex video capital of the world? That probably means, a lot of sex trafficking?

Maybe the FBI looks the other way when it comes to California? For a modest bribe?

Surtur
Can we switch the names of the states of Florida and California and then get Bugs Bunny over here?

Surtur
I'm watching the first episode and some of the people are talking about having growing operations before it was legal.

samhain
It's not as if a thing stops attracting a bad element once it becomes legal, if money is involved, legal or not, bad people show up. Look at the diamond industry FFS.

BrolyBlack
I'm watching the first episode and some of the people are talking about having growing operations before it was legal.

700 missing people a year though?

Raptor22
From what i can tell from a quick google search it appears that its not 700+ per year, its 700+ per 100,000 people per year. Another quick search showed that there were around 140,000 people in the county in 2017. So that would put the number at around 1,000 per year. Which seems insane. That would be 1 out of every 140 people go missing each year.

BrolyBlack
JC, 1000+ a year. And the government does nothing?

BackFire
Watched the first couple of episodes. Interesting show, doesn't seem to be terribly mysterious, though unless more information is introduced in later episodes. Just some shady cartel/organized crime people doing nasty things to people and the local police don't want to really do anything about it.

Robtard
Humbolt's about 290 miles North of me, it known (or had been) for being a laid back hippy-ish area and for being a prime spot for marijuana growing and lodging.

While check out the docu later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.