Exar Kun: Chronological Respect Thread (Updated for 2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
I updated my Exar Kun RT with a lot of sources, new and old, to flesh things out even more. Including a feat that puts one of Vitiate's to shame.

Link: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/sithrevenant/blog/exar-kun-the-chronological-respect-thread-2019/134756/

DarthCaedus77
I notice the Malak aspects were conveniently removed.

AncientPower
They aren't needed anymore. The sheer weight of Kun's placement in the NR era and his feats therein, completely eclipse one misinterpretable quote.

DarthCaedus77
Ok.

the-n-word
Nice

One Big Mob
Great thread pal

AncientPower
Want to CaV me Kun vs. Malak? You know, without that debunked quote as a crutch?

One Big Mob
I don't do CaVs, nor does it make sense to do one where we play make believe.
Not sure what that has to do with the A+ respect thread you made, but that was pretty random in any case. laughing out loud

Again, great thread AP. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
I updated my Exar Kun RT with a lot of sources, new and old, to flesh things out even more. Including a feat that puts one of Vitiate's to shame.

Link: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/sithrevenant/blog/exar-kun-the-chronological-respect-thread-2019/134756/
Good effort, but I will contest this part:

"NOTE: The likes of Darth Nox, the Empire's Wrath, the third Barsen'thor and the Hero of Tython as of Shadow of Revan, were overwhelmed by the same amulet:"

Each of them have extraordinary accomplishments, and can be scaled in numerous ways.

Hero of Tython emerged as the most powerful Jedi in ages, surpassing the likes of Nomi Sunrider and Barsen'thor III. He destroyed an avatar of Vitiate in the heart of Dromund Kaas, an environment where many faltered.

Barsen'thor III successfully employed a suicidal technique to defeat Lord Vivicar. And the latter's powers surprised Nomi Sunrider who bear witness to exploits of Exar Kun.

For and : http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t657842.html

Darth Nox successfully employed suicidal technique to defeat Darth Thanaton (one of the most powerful Sith in history), to earn a seat in the Dark Council. His follower Khem Val saw in him a worthy successor to legendary Tulak Hord. I do not think that I need to explain the hype of Tulak Hord, do I?

Emperor's Wrath was directly compared to Exar Kun by his peers. And becoming one was even more challenging than the struggles for earning a seat in the Dark Council.

---

Sith amulets are 'sensitive' artifacts on average. However, a determined individual can capitalize on any. Individuals much weaker than the BIG FOUR have wielded these artifacts with success.

AncientPower
1.So nothing.

2.Nomi Sunrider being surprised that some random ancient, who by the way falls entirely under Exar Kun's most powerful quote, could control Master Yuon Par is indicative of nothing.

3.Khem Val doubts his own claim of Hord tier potential in Jedi Under Siege. Nor would Nox actually being Hord tier put him on Kun level anyway.

4.A bunch of academy Sith who lived nearly 350 years after Kun's death are absolutely no authority on Kun's power.

AncientPower
Added two more rare quotes.

CactusJoe
good shit

S_W_LeGenD
1.So nothing.

2.Nomi Sunrider being surprised that some random ancient, who by the way falls entirely under Exar Kun's most powerful quote, could control Master Yuon Par is indicative of nothing.

3.Khem Val doubts his own claim of Hord tier potential in Jedi Under Siege. Nor would Nox actually being Hord tier put him on Kun level anyway.

4.A bunch of academy Sith who lived nearly 350 years after Kun's death are absolutely no authority on Kun's power.
1. You are speechless.

2. Deflection. The 'most powerful quote' is from "historians."

3. This: "Sith, you are more powerful than I had judged. Perhaps, a worthy successor to Tulak Hord." - Khem Val

4. Riiiight. As if our judgement of ancient civilizations and/or individuals, and their accomplishments, are all a sham.

My position is that you are short-selling SWTOR protagonists in your Exar Kun RT with a pointless/meaningless game mechanic. You take this game mechanic at face value but have a problem with Darth Malak's hype - a clear display of double standards in your judgement.

AncientPower
Literally everything you said is meaningless, stop clogging up the thread with your tripe.

Galan007
The BS needs to stay out of this thread, please.

Selenial

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

thumb up

AncientPower
The protags still have the 'insanity' animation and get blown clean off of the cliff. Kun uses the amulet instantly, albeit the amount of power it's churning out is too much for him at the start. Given that Nox's entire Chapter 3 is about making herself strong enough to mentally and physically resist the power of binding five spirits.

Though I can see your argument, even at best it indicates a newly initiated Exar Kun is already more than equal to the SoR incarnation of the Outlander. Given there are several fairly massive power growths for Kun thereafter, the picture gets pretty clear.

DarthCaedus77
Solid RT.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That said, this is a solid RT with some great information and scaling, no question. thumb up

AncientPower
This all presumes Nomi had a sense for Kun's power, or his TP for that matter. I'd take Kun binding Master Luke's spirit and dominating Kyp's mind, whilst multitasking with the students, over anything Morrhage's disease was causing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm referring to Nomi's sense of her own power and TP.

AncientPower
I have no doubt that either of Morrhage or the Barsen'thor are more powerful. But Nomi's hardly top tier in her era either.

gold slorg
As much as I may obviously consider your various opinions on Kun varying from weird to borderline insane or retarded, it's still an absolutely great RT, full of info, filled with quality stuff, really useful and probably took a tremendous effort from you. Gratz, awesome!

AncientPower
I mean, pretty much everything I claim is backed up by actual feats and accolades. But okay.

HP Legend
I mean, pretty much everything I claim is backed up by actual feats and accolades. But okay.

thumb down

AncientPower
Point me to literally one thing.

IgnorantDebater
Great thread smile

HP Legend
Point me to literally one thing.

Relax I was joking. I haven't even read through the thread lol.

Might get down to it later.

Selenial

AncientPower
Updated with new sources and a better structure for Kun's placement/power growth.

AncientPower
Added new quotes.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by HP Legend
thumb down

Why was I banned from slorg?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.