Black Manta vs Kilmonger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Round 1: knife fight, no suits
Round 2: Fighters in Manta Suit & Panther Suit

Who wins?

Darth Thor
Has Killmonger had had the Herb in both rounds?

Killmonger wins both regardless.

His H2H skills were hyped up a lot, unlike BM. Plus between his agility and energy absorption, he has the tools to deal with Manta.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Has Killmonger had had the Herb in both rounds?

Killmonger wins both regardless.

His H2H skills were hyped up a lot, unlike BM. Plus between his agility and energy absorption, he has the tools to deal with Manta.

thumb up

The Vib suit would protect him from Manta's beams.

FrothByte
Killmonger wins the first round, purple herb or no. Though he does stomp if he has the herb.

As for round 2, it's closer. I'm inclined to give Manta the slight edge but I'll have to rewatch his fight with Aquaman to be sure.

John Murdoch
Round 1: Manta wins if Erik hasn't eaten the herb, Erik wins if he's had the herb.

Round 2: BM stands a chance only if he gets a full-powered eyebeam to Killmonger's chest for an incap win. If that doesn't happen, Killmonger will be happy to be a vibranium dagger into BM's heart.

Also, good picks for a thread: two villains who had their fathers taken from them by the main character. Stating the obvious I know, but still good picks.

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Round 1: Manta wins if Erik hasn't eaten the herb, Erik wins if he's had the herb.

Round 2: BM stands a chance only if he gets a full-powered eyebeam to Killmonger's chest for an incap win. If that doesn't happen, Killmonger will be happy to be a vibranium dagger into BM's heart.

Also, good picks for a thread: two villains who had their fathers taken from them by the main character. Stating the obvious I know, but still good picks.

Out of curiosity, why do you give Manta the win in round 1 without the herb?

John Murdoch
Originally posted by FrothByte
Out of curiosity, why do you give Manta the win in round 1 without the herb?

It's not a sure pick, but I'd rate Manta's brief showing against Aquaman as more impressive than Killmonger's waterfall fight vs T'Challa.

Also, in a non-forum based opinion, the way I see it is that David's bread-and-butter combat focus prior to the eye beam helmet is knife/sword fighting, whereas Killmonger just got on-demand plot-necessitated melee powers (T'Challa was raised training with melee weapons, yet a dude from the US military is capable of outright beating him in such a duel? Nonsense. Pugil sticks and a bayonet training course aren't going to prep you for fighting a technologically-advanced Wakandan king who was born to fight in that manner).

EDIT: I should add clarity for my first statement: while Killmonger won and Manta had no chance, Manta lost in most part due to Aquaman's way way way way way way way way way higher physicals than his lack of skill.

KingD19
Killmonger trained his ass off from childhood specifically for revenge and had gotten similar training to T'Challa when he was younger as he was also royalty before he and his dad left Wakanda for his mission in New York.

He himself and Ross stated just how many accomplishments he had. He was no joke.

Robtard
Really, seven post in and no ones said it?KMC is really starting to disappoint. Fine, guess Robtard will have to do it:

Round One: Black guy wins
Round Two: Black guy wins

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
Really, seven post in and no ones said it?KMC is really starting to disappoint. Fine, guess Robtard will have to do it:

Round One: Black animal wins
Round Two: Black animal wins

I fixed it.

Silent Master
Always bet on black.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
I fixed it.

sad

BruceSkywalker
Wesley said it best "Always bet on black"

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard
sad

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

John Murdoch
Originally posted by KingD19
Killmonger trained his ass off from childhood specifically for revenge and had gotten similar training to T'Challa when he was younger as he was also royalty before he and his dad left Wakanda for his mission in New York.

He himself and Ross stated just how many accomplishments he had. He was no joke.

He is a formidable soldier no doubt, and there are melee combatives taught in varying schools in the US military, but we don't get any footage or commentary on how he would have been trained in fighting with a half-spear/short sword type of combat. Lots of marksmanship is the type of stuff we the audience see prior to the waterfall fight.

Now, I know these are (somewhat) moot points, as the determining factors here are the sub fight with David and the waterfall fight with Erik. So I guess the real question is was Manta skill level against Arthur's vastly superior physicals in the sub more substantial than Erik's skill level in the waterfall fight vs no-herb T'Challa?

I certainly think either could win the first scenario, but I'm backing Manta.

KingD19
Originally posted by John Murdoch
He is a formidable soldier no doubt, and there are melee combatives taught in varying schools in the US military, but we don't get any footage or commentary on how he would have been trained in fighting with a half-spear/short sword type of combat. Lots of marksmanship is the type of stuff we the audience see prior to the waterfall fight.

Now, I know these are (somewhat) moot points, as the determining factors here are the sub fight with David and the waterfall fight with Erik. So I guess the real question is was Manta skill level against Arthur's vastly superior physicals in the sub more substantial than Erik's skill level in the waterfall fight vs no-herb T'Challa?

I certainly think either could win the first scenario, but I'm backing Manta.

He trained on his own as well as with the military. He was training from childhood to get revenge and had trained in Wakanda prior to his fathers mission. You act like he forgot he was Wakandan the moment his father got killed.

Also no, Killmonger being more skilled than the highly skilled T'Challa was more impressive. Arthur was no slouch in combat as shown with Orm and Vulko.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.