MCU Earth vs Bird Box

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
MCU Earth during the events of IW face the Bird Box entities.

Can MCU Earth survive?

Josh_Alexander
Ofcourse! Matt Murdock for the win! laughing out loud ....Oh wait, that's not MCU laughing out loud

juggerman
Banner can't kill himself but if he becomes one of the "crazies" then I don't see how anyone stops him without sight

FrothByte
The better question is, which characters kill themselves vs which characters go crazy woke?

BrolyBlack
Is this post IW? Most of the MCU is gone now.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Ofcourse! Matt Murdock for the win! laughing out loud ....Oh wait, that's not MCU laughing out loud

Except that it is since the Invasion/Battle of New York got referenced on the Jessica Jones show.

playa1258
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Is this post IW? Most of the MCU is gone now. Right before the snap.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Kazenji
Except that it is since the Invasion/Battle of New York got referenced on the Jessica Jones show.

Yeah. There are a number of bits of info throughout the shows that makes it clear it's in the MCU. Hell, Jessica directly refers to Hulk and Cap in the first season of her show. Or things like Judas bullets, made from Chitauri metal and manufactured by Hammer Industries IIRC. And Judas bullets also made an appearance on Agents of Shield, which routinely references the wider MCU.

That being said, 90% of the references are very small, so the Netflix stuff can feel extremely isolated from the rest of the MCU, and even the other TV stuff. The divide gets even worse with shows like Runaways and Cloak & Dagger IMO.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Kazenji

All the Netflix shows got cancelled, so I don't think the series are MCU canon.

Also, none of the series events has been referenced in the movies.

TheVaultDweller
The fact that business dealings resulted in some of the shows being cancelled so far does not erase the very clear ties established to the larger MCU.

Your opinion on the matter is just that, unless you can provide actual official statements saying it's not canon, considering things like the Chitauri invasion, as well as multiple MCU characters from the films, are mentioned throughout the shows.

They don't mention the TV stuff in the movies because it's small scale in comparison. I doubt Tony Stark gives a serious crap about some blind ninja beating up gangsters and the like. They don't mention what happens on Agents of Shield either, but the last season's finale directly references Avengers Infinity War throughout, so we know it's very much canon. And, as mentioned, the Judas bullets that were used in an attempted assassination on Jeffrey Mace directly ties it to Luke Cage.

BruceSkywalker
does human sandra bullock take care of business in the film?

playa1258
She makes it.

BruceSkywalker
does she have powers? normalcy?

playa1258
She is normal.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The fact that business dealings resulted in some of the shows being cancelled so far does not erase the very clear ties established to the larger MCU.

Your opinion on the matter is just that, unless you can provide actual official statements saying it's not canon, considering things like the Chitauri invasion, as well as multiple MCU characters from the films, are mentioned throughout the shows.

They don't mention the TV stuff in the movies because it's small scale in comparison. I doubt Tony Stark gives a serious crap about some blind ninja beating up gangsters and the like. They don't mention what happens on Agents of Shield either, but the last season's finale directly references Avengers Infinity War throughout, so we know it's very much canon. And, as mentioned, the Judas bullets that were used in an attempted assassination on Jeffrey Mace directly ties it to Luke Cage.

It was my opinion.

I think the Netflix series will be rebooted in the Disney's platform. AoS on the other hand could one day make it into the big screen.

Eon Blue

TheVaultDweller
It was my opinion.

I think the Netflix series will be rebooted in the Disney's platform. AoS on the other hand could one day make it into the big screen.

Well, due to contractual shenanigans, those characters can't be rebooted for at least 2 years, IIRC. So, at best, we'd see a reboot in 2021 (2 years after the final JJ season). And I do mean at best. Because considering all the other shows already slated for streaming, plus the Fox deal, a MCU Defenders reboot is likely not a very high priority.

So, until that changes, your original post might actually be the answer lol. Can a blind guy who "sees" through the rest of his senses be affected?

Josh_Alexander

Josh_Alexander
Well, due to contractual shenanigans, those characters can't be rebooted for at least 2 years, IIRC. So, at best, we'd see a reboot in 2021 (2 years after the final JJ season). And I do mean at best. Because considering all the other shows already slated for streaming, plus the Fox deal, a MCU Defenders reboot is likely not a very high priority.

So, until that changes, your original post might actually be the answer lol. Can a blind guy who "sees" through the rest of his senses be affected?

I didn't know that. I hope they don't, specially not Daredevil.

Well Matt can't see, so he should be fine.

I wonder if A.I would also be affected, considering that Vision isn't a biological organism.

BruceSkywalker

i thnk in 2021/2022 we'll see kingpin in the next spiderman film

TheVaultDweller
I wonder if A.I would also be affected, considering that Vision isn't a biological organism.

Same with Friday and Karen, the AIs in Tony and Peter's suits. Or the entire Iron Legion for that matter.

Eon Blue
Seems your butthurt wasn't gone with the 2018.

How pitiful of you Quan.

Bird Box verse was so pitiful a mere human could clear the terrain. MCU cast clears it with ease.

IG > Bird Box

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Bird Box verse was so pitiful a mere human could clear the terrain. MCU cast clears it with ease.

IG > Bird Box

This is MCU Earth. That shouldn't include Thanos or the IG....

Josh_Alexander
Same with Friday and Karen, the AIs in Tony and Peter's suits. Or the entire Iron Legion for that matter.

Yes. The problem here is that we don't really know the creature's attack mechanism.

All we know is that as long as you have a rope over your eyes you should be fine.

Darth Thor

They dont mention Tv stuff in the films because Feige couldnt care less about them.

So its a legitimate question if the Tv stuff (especially Netflix) is canon to the movies. Just because the MCU is canon to them doesnt mean it works both ways.

AOS id give simply because theyve had major MCU characters pop up. But Netflix shows? Nah we would need more proof than references to The Incident.

Even mentions of Thor, Cap and Hulk dont make them MCU. Just means those characters might exist in some form.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
They dont mention Tv stuff in the films because Feige couldnt care less about them.

So its a legitimate question if the Tv stuff (especially Netflix) is canon to the movies. Just because the MCU is canon to them doesnt mean it works both ways.

AOS id give simply because theyve had major MCU characters pop up. But Netflix shows? Nah we would need more proof than references to The Incident.

Even mentions of Thor, Cap and Hulk dont make them MCU. Just means those characters might exist in some form.

Except if you look at the initial contracts and such regarding the shows, it was structured in a way to specifically allow for potential crossovers as well, depending on how things went. Obviously, in the interim, things developed differently (given that these contracts were made like 5-6 years ago). But still, you don't do something like that if there is no intended connection.

Also, the references go pretty in depth. Like Jessica Jones specifically referring to Hulk and Cap within the context of the Chitauri invasion, to give one example. You can try to write that off as a huge coincidence, but don't expect me to do so. Also, those are hardly the only references. AoS stuff, like the Dogs of Hell etc. have appeared on Daredevil, and Judas bullets on AoS. The references are scattered, but they are there.

If someone can provide a single source stating that these shows are no longer considered canon, I will be happy to hear them out. But, as things stand, it's pure speculation.

Josh_Alexander

Yeah, the movies seem to have no interest in streaming the series.

It's more like the series trying to join the movies.

AoS got the best chance here though. Coulson is the perfect bridge.

Darth Thor
Except if you look at the initial contracts and such regarding the shows, it was structured in a way to specifically allow for potential crossovers as well, depending on how things went. Obviously, in the interim, things developed differently (given that these contracts were made like 5-6 years ago). But still, you don't do something like that if there is no intended connection.

Also, the references go pretty in depth. Like Jessica Jones specifically referring to Hulk and Cap within the context of the Chitauri invasion, to give one example. You can try to write that off as a huge coincidence, but don't expect me to do so. Also, those are hardly the only references. AoS stuff, like the Dogs of Hell etc. have appeared on Daredevil, and Judas bullets on AoS. The references are scattered, but they are there.

If someone can provide a single source stating that these shows are no longer considered canon, I will be happy to hear them out. But, as things stand, it's pure speculation.

Oh AOS refers to the MCU on a episodic basis and its literally had major MCU players on the show. In fact Coulson was a Major MCU player.

But even with AOS theyve never once referenced it in the MCU.

Canon has to go both ways IMO.

Its like with the old Star Wars Legends stuff they always referenced the movies. But did that make them canon to the movies? No.

And in the case of the Netflix shows, their references to the MCU are very obscure. And we know they could reboot those shows because of the connections only being very vague.

So in short Vague connections plus One way connections gives me zero reason to believe the Netflix shows are canon to the MCU. Ill believe that when Charlie Cox turns up as Daredvil in a MCU film (please prove me wrong and make that happen).

TheVaultDweller
Oh AOS refers to the MCU on a episodic basis and its literally had major MCU players on the show. In fact Coulson was a Major MCU player.

But even with AOS theyve never once referenced it in the MCU.

Canon has to go both ways IMO.

Its like with the old Star Wars Legends stuff they always referenced the movies. But did that make them canon to the movies? No.

And in the case of the Netflix shows, their references to the MCU are very obscure. And we know they could reboot those shows because of the connections only being very vague.

So in short Vague connections plus One way connections gives me zero reason to believe the Netflix shows are canon to the MCU. Ill believe that when Charlie Cox turns up as Daredvil in a MCU film (please prove me wrong and make that happen).

You are free to believe what you want, but the references in question are still more evidence than you have presented for your case. Like I said, show me an official statement, and I will gladly accept it. Until then, we have nothing more to discuss.

Tattoos N Scars
Ghost Rider from AoS may have a shot

Eon Blue
This is MCU Earth. That shouldn't include Thanos or the IG....

The truth still holds that MCU Earth is too much for some invisible, Lovecraftian horrors. Cap solos.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Eon Blue
The truth still holds that MCU Earth is too much for some invisible, Lovecraftian horrors. Cap solos.

If he bends his eyes.

Tattoos N Scars
Strange can look at them, proceed to kill himself, and return via time stone to rinse and repeat. Or he can put them in mirror dimension. Guess that would work.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by playa1258
MCU Earth during the events of IW face the Bird Box entities.

Can MCU Earth survive?

MCU stomps.

playa1258
Yes, but many will die and how will MCU stop the entities?

BruceSkywalker
mcu earth won't have a problem

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Strange can look at them, proceed to kill himself, and return via time stone to rinse and repeat. Or he can put them in mirror dimension. Guess that would work.

Interesting proposition.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars

thumb up

John Murdoch
Does Tony find out about them and have time to prep?

If so, he creates another Iron Legion or modifies he and Rhodey's suits to operate off sonar. They do a bombing run on the suicide creatures and go out for schwarma.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.