Have women been driven off internet forums? And if so, why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Way back when in 2005 many female members frequented this forum. But even prior to Facebook, they had gone. Can we look at why?

Bentley
As much as I love men debating on women's choices without any female input you should probably just ask them.

Nibedicus
I asked my wife, she said: because I have a life and have better things to do.

BackFire
There are still a few in the OTF. Not very many really took part in GDF discussions even years back.

Putinbot1
Let's not limit this to the GDF. Women are easy to find on the Onternet on Tinder and other hook up sites especially, but they don't visit places apart from dating sites where they are not known.

Jeffo
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Let's not limit this to the GDF. Women are easy to find on the Onternet on Tinder and other hook up sites especially, but they don't visit places apart from dating sites where they are not known.

You just answered your own question.

Social Media is the reason why women don't spend so much time on these sites

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Jeffo
You just answered your own question.

Social Media is the reason why women don't spend so much time on these sites No they'd gone before Social media took hold. And if celebrity females are anythingbto gonby they are leaving twitter in droves. Why?

Jeffo
No they'd gone before Social media took hold. And if celebrity females are anythingbto gonby they are leaving twitter in droves. Why?

Lol. What year were "they gone" in your opinion?

Putinbot1
Lol. What year were "they gone" in your opinion? I thinks it's easier to support a trend. More women were in forums in the late 90s early 00s by 2006bit had declined a lot, elements like sexual predation (which happened here) the mysoginistic use of rape as a joke threat made environments toxic for girls.

Jeffo
Like I said, well done for answering your own question :

"A Myspace Recap. Myspace was launched in August 2003 from Beverly Hills, California. It was acquired by News Corporation in July 2005 for $580 million. From 2005 until early 2008, Myspace was the most visited social networking site in the world, attracting 75.9 million unique visitors a month at its 2008 peak."

Then after that in 2008 Facebook exploded with users

Then after that Snapchat and Instagram

Jeffo
Wrong again, and you contradicted yourself.

There is more "predatorily behaviour" and rape jokes as well as dick picks posted directly to girls on Dating sites/ tinder and social media

The divide between men and women - aka women leving forums for social media is what created over masculine environments.

So the answer is still the same and the timlines work out.

snowdragon
Way back when in 2005 many female members frequented this forum. But even prior to Facebook, they had gone. Can we look at why?

They switched to pinterest and instagram where there is a majority female presence.

Putinbot1
Wrong again, and you contradicted yourself.

There is more "predatorily behaviour" and rape jokes as well as dick picks posted directly to girls on Dating sites/ tinder and social media

The divide between men and women - aka women leving forums for social media is what created over masculine environments.

So the answer is still the same and the timlines work out. Now, you say it's wrong but you're not providing any evidence. One would argue on a paid dating site few people send unsolicited dick pics because they would get banned.

In relation to social media 2003 and my space. All the girls who werecoming here then still came in 2005. Facebook really took off 2008.

Women have migrated to other platforms, but why do they not want to integrate in social conversation?

Is it the toxic masculinity present?

Bashar Teg

Is it the toxic masculinity present?

I think it's a combination of that + changing trends. Most of kmc's women moved off to social platforms they intentify with more strongly. Yet the question must be asked "why don't they ever return to kmc for the souvenir? I think they do that, lurk around and see nothing but ragey stalky incels, say "eh screw that" and leave.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I think it's a combination of that + changing trends. Most of kmc's women moved off to social platforms they intentify with more strongly. Yet the question must be asked "why don't they ever return to kmc for the souvenir? I think they do that, lurk around and see nothing but ragey stalky incels, say "eh screw that" and leave.

This 100%

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I think it's a combination of that + changing trends. Most of kmc's women moved off to social platforms they intentify with more strongly. Yet the question must be asked "why don't they ever return to kmc for the souvenir? I think they do that, lurk around and see nothing but ragey stalky incels, say "eh screw that" and leave. Yup, seconded. I think KMC changed too.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This 100% Agreed i guess i thirded lol

S_W_LeGenD
Women have significant presence in social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram, dating sites and relationship-focused communities. Few are interested in discussing nerdy stuff.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Women have significant presence in social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram, dating sites and relationship-focused communities. Few are interested in discussing nerdy stuff. Some once discussed issues here believe it or not.

The Spectre+
nah...the prophecied coming of The Spectre, The Wrath Of God, made them leave. For no female can stand my obliterating fury...mmwwhahahahahahaha
devil

Putinbot1
Originally posted by The Spectre+
nah...the prophecied coming of The Spectre, The Wrath Of God, made them leave. For no female can stand my obliterating fury...mmwwhahahahahahaha
devil You are some kind of Super Incel?

Surtur
Their own toxic femininity drove them away. Too bad, so sad.

Bashar Teg
all women are toxic, eh?

Eternal Idol
I think women generally prefer the instant feedback of conversation with people they know and whose opinions are more valued, either in person, on the phone, via text, or other social media platforms where they are the center of attention and not just part of the anonymous crowd.

The Spectre+
You are some kind of Super Incel?
nope, just subtly looking for my next host....and, hmmmm.. you wouldnt be bad..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.