Favorite films by the Coen Bros.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
My Top 3 films by the Coen Brothers (Joel & Ethan) are:

-No Country for Old Men
-Raising Arizona
-O Brother, where art thou?

Honorable mentions: Fargo and The Hudsucker Proxy

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Netflix) was hilarious, too.

The Big Lebowski has some good one liners, but is painfully overrated, IMO.

What about you?

Patient_Leech
I've only seen about a handful of what they've done, but...

Raising Arizona and Fargo are a couple of my favorites.

I remember No Country for Old Men being good, but it wasn't necessarily something I'd want to see again.

Lol, The Big Lebowski I've seen a couple times. I like it. I have to admit I probably think it's slightly overrated also, but it's funny. It's fun for people to quote, which is why it might seem overrated. That's pretty much all I've seen by them. If there are some other must-sees let me know.

Impediment

Patient_Leech
That's one I've only seen bits and pieces of.

Not sure it was my cup of tea, but perhaps I would think differently now that I'm older and if I started from the beginning..

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Impediment

What about you?

**** you, that's what.

Mindset
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That's one I've only seen bits and pieces of.

Not sure it was my cup of tea, but perhaps I would think differently now that I'm older and if I started from the beginning.. You should watch it, it's good.

Impediment

Putinbot1
Millers Crossing
TBL
The Hudsucker Proxy

riv6672
My Top 3 films by the Coen Brothers (Joel & Ethan) are:

-No Country for Old Men
-Raising Arizona

Honorable mentions: Fargo and The Hudsucker Proxy

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Netflix) was hilarious, too.

What about you?
Fargo, O Brother, where art thou, Hail Caesar, True Grit, The Ladykillers, i like them all.
Suburbicon i only saw recently, but it was definitely memorable!

Meh to Lebowski as always.

John Murdoch
No Country for Old Men is possibly my favorite film of all-time. Nigh-perfect movie.

After that, Fargo is definitely in my top 100 or so, and O Brother, Where Art Thou? rounds out the top 3.

Big Lebowski, Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Raising Arizona, True Grit remake, even Hail! Caesar are all varying degrees of pretty good to excellent.

Also shout out to Unbroken. I know Angelina Jolie directed it, but they wrote it along with Richard LaGravenese and William Nicholson.

BruceSkywalker
Never seen any but should I

Impediment
True Grit was bearable, but forgettable for me. I much prefer the John Wayne classic.

Robtard
I'm a fan of almost all their works, they're brilliant writers/directors, but my top three:

-The Big Lebowski
-Raising Arizona

Impediment
"Son, you got a panty on your head."

riv6672
True Grit was bearable, but forgettable for me. I much prefer the John Wayne classic.
Both are great in different ways. I think the Duke would have approved.

jaden_2.0
It's not really me.

Putinbot1
True Grit was bearable, but forgettable for me. I much prefer the John Wayne classic. Me too

ares834
Fargo
No Country for Old Men
The Big Lebowski

Senor Cage
Barton Fink.

Senor Cage

Same. A lot of their movies in the past 5 or so years have been forgettable. Their earlier work is the best, IMO.

Bashar Teg
crimewave. one of my favorite comedies as a young lad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.