Luke cage vs Superman H2H (read the OP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

relentless1
Clark would have to have Kryptonite wrapped around his whole body in order for Cage to have a shot here

TheVaultDweller
Probably weakened to a similar degree to how he was after being hit by one of Batman's kryptonite gas canisters.

Problem is, unless he is kept permanently gassed, it will wear off in a few minutes, and then he will punch Luke so hard that he vomits out his intestines.

The Spectre+
If kryptonite can be modified in a way that will not continualy weaken supes, but stop at a particular level.....

id say 20% would still beat cage.( based on clarks durability&strength feats )

BrolyBlack
Even .1% Superman could still beat him.

If you took his biggest strength feat which would be pulling an ocean liner which weigh between 250,000-400,000 tons out of water. So .1% of 400k is 40,000k.

Unless cage has a feat above lifting or moving more then 40,000k he loses to .1% Superman

Silent Master
I believe you mean 1%; .1% would be a tenth of a percent, or 400

BTW, 1% would be 4,000

Inhuman
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Even .1% Superman could still beat him.

Wasnt "Human peak strength" Batman harming Superman just fine while he was weakened? Cage>Batman

Not buying the .1% Superman would still beat him.

BrolyBlack
You are right my math was off. I meant 10% Superman based on his biggest feat.

steverules_2
I'm waiting for Quan to come in and tell us supes got KOed by the BP oil company

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
I already said my math was off captain obvious.

Also the displacement weight is only measured if it’s in the water. The ship was on its side out of water so it’s not the displacement weight. It’s the full amount.

Nibedicus
I already said my math was off captain obvious.

Also the displacement weight is only measured if it’s in the water. The ship was on its side out of water so it’s not the displacement weight. It’s the full amount.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_(fluid)

The weight of an object or substance can be measured by floating a sufficiently buoyant receptacle in the cylinder and noting the water level. After placing the object or substance in the receptacle, the difference in weight of the water level volumes will equal the weight of the object.

confused

BrolyBlack
220,000 gross tons is about 100,000 tons based on displacement

BrolyBlack
And we can also take ships and water displacement out of it, Superman straight up lifted an entire concrete building.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111298141/6440257-4024094173-62222.gif

Silent Master
In before h1 dismisses that feat since it doesn't show physics correctly.

Oh wait, it's a DC character. nevermind.

BrolyBlack
To be honest that Neutron star feat by Thor wasn't displaying those much physics at all, there was literally no gravity or typical circumstances that would be involved with a star in space.

Silent Master
Almost all higher end feats have problems if one were to use the, that's not how things work in RL argument. guess which company gets a pass from h1.

BrolyBlack
DC laughing out loud

Inhuman
Originally posted by Silent Master
Almost all higher end feats have problems if one were to use the, that's not how things work in RL argument. guess which company gets a pass from h1.

That building that Superman is carrying is most likely not solid concrete. Because if it was, it would crumble under its own weight since the point that Superman is applying Force to lift it, is ridiculously small compared to the distribution of the rest of the weight of the building.
So we must assume that the building was way lighter than what it appears to be in order for it not to crumble under its own weight.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Inhuman
That building that Superman is carrying is most likely not solid concrete. Because if it was, it would crumble under its own weight since the point that Superman is applying Force to lift it, is ridiculously small compared to the distribution of the rest of the weight of the building.
So we must assume that, that building was way lighter than what it appears to be in order for it not to crumble under its own weight.

laughing out loud

The Spectre+
So we must assume that, that building was way lighter than what it appears to be in order for it not to crumble under its own weight.
if it was waaayy lighter, then it most likely wouldnt have all that many stories and that long and big, as the buildings structural integrity would be suspect...erm

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by The Spectre+
if it was waaayy lighter, then it most likely wouldnt have all that many stories and that long and big, as the buildings structural integrity would be suspect...erm

Inhuman is a known Superman lowballer and will come up with anything to lowball feats.

The Spectre+
So we must assume that the building was way lighter than what it appears to be in order for it not to crumble under its own weight.
and even if as you say it was "way lighter", at what figures would you place that feat?

Inhuman
Inhuman is a known Superman lowballer and will come up with anything to lowball feats.

My post went over your head , as usual thumb up

BrolyBlack

Incorrect. You stated its much less weight then we would expect because it didn't crumble apart. You can't assume that because comics and comic book movies are not based on crux points such as that.

Just a couple examples off the top of my head.

Thor's hammer on a coat rack is weightless, then Thors hammer on Loki is crushing him.

Superman island lift, the island was vastly bigger then the point of lift left largely stayed intact.

The Spectre+
nah. You just had to come up with something way lighter than usual.

Silent Master
He was mocking h1's argument style. hence his quoting of me talking about h1 habit of using RL physics to downplay feats.

BrolyBlack
Fair enough

Inhuman
Incorrect. You stated its much less weight then we would expect because it didn't crumble apart. You can't assume that because comics and comic book movies are not based on crux points such as that.

Just a couple examples off the top of my head.

Thor's hammer on a coat rack is weightless, then Thors hammer on Loki is crushing him.

Superman island lift, the island was vastly bigger then the point of lift left largely stayed intact. Originally posted by The Spectre+
nah. You just had to come up with something way lighter than usual.

https://i.imgur.com/D1JEbTh.jpg

lol.
My post was a parody of H1's stupid biased posts with his low-balling logic he makes to discredit characters he argues against.

Originally posted by Silent Master
He was mocking h1's argument style. hence his quoting of me talking about h1 habit of using RL physics to downplay feats.

thumb up

BrolyBlack
I noted above my mistake

BrolyBlack
Its even funnier reading it back in the context of h1 saying itlaughing out loud

Inhuman
Its even funnier reading it back in the context of h1 saying itlaughing out loud

I actually forgot to throw in some made-up numbers like he usually does.

The Spectre+
yeah i see that now.But ehh...
lets forever uphold the legacy of the great h1. wink

'great' to his growing list of titles].

wink

Silent Master
He should, great is just 3 steps away from legendary.

steverules_2
Is he gonna chime in at some point?

Silent Master
I hope so.

Nibedicus

https://www.gjenvick.com/OceanTravel/ShipTonnage/1932-06-28-ShipTonnageExplained.html

Not a ship expert, but from what that says, gross tonnage is how much a ship can carrry based on its internal volume.

confused

Darth Thor
I actually forgot to throw in some made-up numbers like he usually does.

Lol

Dont forget to back it up with your own calculations.

BrolyBlack

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

You really want to go on for a few more pages about nothing. I stated I did the math wrong initially. I already said I was ready to end the debate. But please lets do this dance a few more pages.

BrolyBlack
Lets start over then since this is really important to you.

h1a8
The weight of the water displaced = weight of the ship (buoyant force).

The coefficient of friction of steel on ice can vary depending on temperature of the ice and how smooth the surface of the ice is.

So Nibedicus is more likely correct.

Anyway it's funny how Inhuman lowballs the shit out of Superman but doesn't do the same for Thor or other marvel characters.

We all know in fiction that the whole crumbling under something's weight if often violated (especially with superheroes lifting shit). Superman was supplying the entire weight force in size of his hands. Do you know how much pressure that is?
Most known materials that size would crumble or be damaged with such pressures.

Here is a question for Inhuman. So when comic characters lift buildings, pyramids, etc and they don't crumble under their own weight then does that mean the building, pyramid, etc is far lighter than we think?

Anyway, Superman got the tectonic plate feat. Unless you want to argue that's an outlier. And if so then we have to do so to all other characters just to be fair.

h1a8
I would say between 1-5% it would be a fair fight if we use averages.

The Spectre+
The Great h1 Has Spoken!!
Heed his word.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
The weight of the water displaced = weight of the ship (buoyant force).

The coefficient of friction of steel on ice can vary depending on temperature of the ice and how smooth the surface of the ice is.

So Nibedicus is more likely correct.

Anyway it's funny how Inhuman lowballs the shit out of Superman but doesn't do the same for Thor or other marvel characters.

We all know in fiction that the whole crumbling under something's weight if often violated (especially with superheroes lifting shit). Superman was supplying the entire weight force in size of his hands. Do you know how much pressure that is?
Most known materials that size would crumble or be damaged with such pressures.

Here is a question for Inhuman. So when comic characters lift buildings, pyramids, etc and they don't crumble under their own weight then does that mean the building, pyramid, etc is far lighter than we think?

Anyway, Superman got the tectonic plate feat. Unless you want to argue that's an outlier. And if so then we have to do so to all other characters just to be fair.

What's funny is that you didn't realize that he was mocking your argument style.

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
Facts are vague in most of these debates. No one will ever know the exact weight of that particular ship or the weight of a building even.

The premise of the OP is also vague. When you're debating a topic that initially is already light on facts you cant then say "my facts based on vague facts are right."

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
Yea Im not disputing that you are right about displacement. Your fact that "its this exact ship" isnt a fact-fact, its an opinion. Thats my point.

Do we need to continue this for a few more though?

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
Get worked up over it. That’s what’s difficult to understand.

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
You said that a few times, I admitted a few times I was wrong, you have said the same thing a few times. Now your just beating a dead horse and acting like a jerk under the guise of "trying to help."

Now do you understand what I just said above? Or do I need to repeat it again that I was wrong, and are you now going to say "I was just trying to help."

How much longer we going to do this and how much longer are you going to keep saying the same thing, keep saying the same thing. Are you catching my point?

Inhuman

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Nibedicus

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_(fluid)

The weight of an object or substance can be measured by floating a sufficiently buoyant receptacle in the cylinder and noting the water level. After placing the object or substance in the receptacle, the difference in weight of the water level volumes will equal the weight of the object.

confused Originally posted by BrolyBlack

Guess you can't see when I agreed with you right here about the displacement?

Anything else or are you going to keep going on about nothing?

Thanks for "letting it go" mom.laughing out loud

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
No that was me agreeing with you. How many times are you going to keep saying "do you research?" Just asking.

Its like you cant help yourself, you cant take the win, you have to keep on.

Nibedicus
Editing since you did a quick edit right before I clicked quote.

No that was me agreeing with you. How many times are you going to keep saying "do you research?" Just asking.

Its like you cant help yourself, you cant take the win, you have to keep on.

No, you stated before that post that displacement weight is only used when it is in water THEN stated that gross tonnage and displacement is different by comparing the values of the two. That is disagreeing. Either you forgot what you said or you’re now just being dishonest.

I’m not trying to “win” here, but you have a lousy attitude and I just feel like I should point it out, if you grow up and just take someone correcting you and accepting it without being defensive, then you’ll be treated like an adult.

BrolyBlack
Again, you cant take the win, you have to keep going on because you lack the maturity.

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
Says the guy who can't take the Win, and has to keep throwing insults. Lets see if you can actually restrain yourself and not post again.

I fully concede you were right.

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
Called it, you can't help yourself because of ego. Lets do this for days.

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
Because you lack the self-control or maturity to end a debate with civility after someone admits they were wrong.

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack
So you're trying to flip it around on me, I'm the one lacking civility by you being passive aggressive this whole time because you googled things a bit more?

Nibedicus

BrolyBlack

Nibedicus
Ok?

shrug

Hm. Why the quick edit?

BrolyBlack
Thats me giving you the last word to end this.

Nibedicus
Thats me giving you the last word to end this.

Ah. I see. Oh well. There we go:

Last word.

thumb up

The Spectre+
what a dramatic end to a very saavy, heated, intense, exhilhrating and finally unnecessary battle and of words and thoughts. soooooooo

back to thread.

Nibedicus
Well, we are adults (for the most part) arguing about who would win hypothetical fights among fictional characters. Unnecessary is what we do. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.