Sidious's nexus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordOfTheLight
Is there any way to quantify to what extent the galaxy wide nexus hindered the Jedi? Actually, by that I mean, by a large extent, by a small extent, etc.

Jaggarath
Filoni says it messed with their precog but didn't interfere with TK and the like.

LordOfTheLight
Makes no sense. If their connection to the force is reduced, everything changes, not only precog.

Darth Thor
Not even battle precog. Just their ability to see future events.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Makes no sense. If their connection to the force is reduced, everything changes, not only precog. Good point. Sheev was amped by the galaxy wide nexus and Yoda/Mace were weakened by it.
Yoda must be a lot more powerful than Sheev unhindered tbh.

Jaggarath
Makes no sense. If their connection to the force is reduced, everything changes, not only precog.
Filoni says he meant specifically farsight when saying that.

NewGuy01
See: The Living Force vs The Cosmic Force.

Tzeentch
Is there any way to quantify to what extent the galaxy wide nexus hindered the Jedi? Actually, by that I mean, by a large extent, by a small extent, etc. It's a dumb plot written by a poor writer. It weakened their senses enough to prevent the Jedi from seeing the future when sitting in their temple, but did literally nothing to weaken their ability to see the future when in combat. thumb up

bdsmbdsm
Didn't stop randoms like Pong Krell from seeing the future perfectly.

AncientPower
He supposedly used the dark side for that. On another note, there's sources stating that it was the temple hindering their sight. Not Sheev.

Zenwolf
It depends where you look/what continuity.

CuckedCurry
AncientPower throwing weak shade at the God-Emperor 👀

I have your number maggot

Freedon Nadd
If all Palpatine did was weakening The Jedi all these decades. Then all that says how "pathetic" he was as Sith Lord. And how much his foes' performances were greatly hindered.
Apply that: and the Prequel Trilogy being The Golden Age Of The Jedi becomes more and more feasible, to be honest.

CuckedCurry
Still better than Nihilus, Valkorion, and any other pretender you want to name

Freedon Nadd
He is. I am not denying it.

S_W_LeGenD
Is there any way to quantify to what extent the galaxy wide nexus hindered the Jedi? Actually, by that I mean, by a large extent, by a small extent, etc.
I do not recall a galaxy-wide Dark Side nexus in my readings. Balance of the Force shifted towards the Dark Side over the course of centuries due to mechanisms of Bannite Sith, spread of corruption across the galaxy, and the Jedi Order growing indifferent to prevalent developments and emerging threats.

The largest nexus of Dark Side energy ever, emerged around Medriaas as a byproduct of Nathema Conspiracy. However, what became of it is not clear; probably diminished after Tenebrae's demise or earlier at some point.

Nevertheless, Palpatine performed a ritual which somewhat affected the mindset of Jedi across the galaxy during the course of Clone Wars.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by NewGuy01
See: The Living Force vs The Cosmic Force.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I do not recall a galaxy-wide Dark Side nexus in my readings. Balance of the Force shifted towards the Dark Side over the course of centuries due to mechanisms of Bannite Sith, spread of corruption across the galaxy, and the Jedi Order growing indifferent to prevalent developments and emerging threats.

The largest nexus of Dark Side energy ever, emerged around Medriaas as a byproduct of Nathema Conspiracy. However, what became of it is not clear; probably diminished after Tenebrae's demise or earlier at some point.

Nevertheless, Palpatine performed a ritual which somewhat affected the mindset of Jedi across the galaxy during the course of Clone Wars.

You are right.

What Palpatine and Plagueis did in the Darth Plagueis novel was simply shifting the Dark Side to rise to power, which happened so many times in the history of the galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.