ABC fires Jeremy Kappell Fired for Slipping up on air

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jeremy-kappell/

Here is the video

_Ks6F5tx_mk

As usual, CNN then decides to call it a racial slur.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/us/new-york-meteorologist-racial-slur/index.html

Clearly wasn't a racial slur. Saying Martin Luther King Jr fast apparently can end your life and career now.

What the **** has happened to this world.

cdtm
Occam's razor: If people are being fired at the drop of a pin, it's because management are covering their ass.

Either from a lawsuit, or angering an affiliate that could take THEIR job.

cdtm
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155952780117621&id=114192652620

The Facebook page of the mayors office calling for firings.

A politician pressuring news organizations is an exclamation mark, or three.

Bashar Teg
that's the trouble with being a cutesy closet racist. sooner or later doctor freud will have his due. oh well.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155952780117621&id=114192652620

The Facebook page of the mayors office calling for firings.

A politician pressuring news organizations is an exclamation mark, or three.

^Imagine the fit the left would throw if the other side tried this lol

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that's the trouble with being a cutesy closet racist. sooner or later doctor freud will have his due. oh well.

So the guy was a closet racist because of this slip? Freudian slip if a person's subconscious feelings come out in that slip. Or it could be an accident.

People misspeak all the time, doesn't mean there was malice behind it.

cdtm
I can't even make out the clip.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
So the guy was a closet racist because of this slip? Freudian slip if a person's subconscious feelings come out in that slip. Or it could be an accident.

People misspeak all the time, doesn't mean there was malice behind it.

Nah, it's too specific and overused as a slur toward MLK/blacks. Excuses won't work for this guy any more than the sleeping pill excuse worked for Rosanne. Only hope for him now is a new job at foxnews or brietbart. I'm sure they'll welcome him.

Surtur
Nah, it's too specific and overused as a slur toward MLK/blacks. Excuses won't work for this guy any more than the sleeping pill excuse worked for Rosanne. Only hope for him now is a new job at foxnews or brietbart. I'm sure they'll welcome him.

As an alternative job source he could start just hating himself and all whites and go work at CNN or MSNBC or Slate or Salon, etc.

Plenty of options thumb up

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
As an alternative job source he could start just hating himself and all whites and go work at CNN or MSNBC or Slate or Salon, etc.

Plenty of options thumb up

haha classic flyattractor

Surtur
haha classic flyattractor

U mad?

Adam_PoE
U mad?

No, but you appear to be. Why isn't this in the thread with all the other things that trigger you?

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, but you appear to be. Why isn't this in the thread with all the other things that trigger you?

"No you!"

Do better.

Adam_PoE
"No you!"

Do better.

I'm cool. You're the one flipping shit, because you think a white man is being treated unfairly.

Bashar Teg
U mad?

This topic pleases me, so no. Keep projecting your fee-fees tho

Surtur
I'm cool. You're the one flipping shit, because you think a white man is being treated unfairly.

You claim you're "cool" and yet here you are pulling "no you's" and creating imaginary scenarios where people are flipping out lol.

Do better next time.

Surtur
This topic pleases me, so no. Keep projecting your fee-fees tho

So another "no you", gotcha.

Bashar Teg
If the shoe fits...

Surtur
If the shoe fits...

Nah, that ship has sailed. If only in the past you'd never pulled the "no you" stuff, eh? Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, you'll learn next time.(I'm jk, you won't)

Bashar Teg
Nah, that ship has sailed. If only in the past you'd never pulled the "no you" stuff, eh? Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, you'll learn next time.(I'm jk, you won't)

^^totally NOT mad you guyz. SO not mad. You wouldn't believe how not mad, etc. Moving on.... .

Surtur
^^totally NOT mad you guyz. SO not mad. You wouldn't believe how not mad, etc. Moving on.... .

"You pointing out my behavior means you're mad!"

Okie dokie.

Surtur
Anyways, back to the topic: no it's not racist. No, he shouldn't have been fired either, but snowflakes gonna snowflake.

Bashar Teg
"You pointing out my behavior means you're mad!"

Okie dokie.

^more fee-fees

BrolyBlack

So the guys a complete racist, he said it on purpose and he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Surtur
^more fee-fees

However you cope kiddo.

Anyways, fact remains: this wasn't racist.

Adam_PoE
You claim you're "cool" and yet here you are pulling "no you's" and creating imaginary scenarios where people are flipping out lol.

Do better next time.

You suggested he would get a chance on another network if he would apologize for his whiteness. So yeah, you mad.

Surtur
You suggested he would get a chance on another network if he would apologize for his whiteness. So yeah, you mad.

Nah, it was a joke about how leftists are also racist. Do better than a "no you" next time.

Btw quote the part where I mention an apology for being white.

Bashar Teg
MORE fee-fees?

Surtur
MORE fee-fees?

Fee fee's are crying "racism" over this.

Bashar Teg
anything of substance on the topic, or just more of your white male victimhood schtick?

Surtur
anything of substance on the topic, or just more of your white male victimhood schtick?

Yes: this isn't racist and while they have every right to fire him...it was wrong to do so.

Bashar Teg
Yes: this isn't racist and while they have every right to fire him...it was wrong to do so.

racial slurs are not racist, because fee-fees

Surtur

Accidentally saying the word "coon" isn't racist.

Show me he has a history of these "slip ups" and it would be different.

Robtard
So he said "Coon" in regards to a Black man instead of "King" and people are defending this? Lolz.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
So he said "Coon" in regards to a Black man instead of "King" and people are defending this? Lolz.

It was an accidental slip up. I'm willing to entertain the notion he's racist if people can provide additional examples.

Robtard
How often do you use the word "coon" that it just "slips out by accident", Surt?

Surtur
How often do you use the word "coon" that it just "slips out by accident", Surt?

I never said I did it, but nice try.

Like I said: provide additional examples of racism.

Or type out the following: It is impossible for this to be anything other than racism

Bashar Teg

"Martin Luther Coon" to be precise

Surtur
So no additional examples? Thought so.

Bashar Teg
Are you pretending that you won the argument? good for you! I guess that means kappell got his job back? good for him!

Adam_PoE

Apparently, often enough that he is worried it could happen to him if he does not rush to his defense.

Surtur
Are you pretending that you won the argument? good for you! I guess that means kappell got his job back? good for him!

You're super triggered over the fact you can't provide any additional evidence of racism.

Bashar Teg

BrolyBlack
Looking for other opinions, people here ill likely just ignore them because "twitter" then again, KMC opinions dont have any more weight then someone elses.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'm black and there is a lot of racist nonsense going on in our country right now, but this ain't it. It was clearly a fumbling of words and being tongue tied. Talking a bit too fast and combinging "King" with "Jr". Do not give up!!!"

https://twitter.com/EzNona35/status/1082414589663477763? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm
%5E1082414589663477763&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fheavy.com%2Fnews%2F2019%2F01%2Fjeremy-kappell%2F

"Anyone who knows @JeremyKappell knows he regularly mumbles, screws up, speaks too quickly. Just like the rest of us. He literally corrected himself as it happened. Firing him was beyond over-reaching. WTF. This is blowing my mind."

https://twitter.com/cattleprod/status/1082414858858041344? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm
%5E1082414858858041344&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fheavy.com%2Fnews%2F2019%2F01%2Fjeremy-kappell%2F

Robtard
I never said I did it, but nice try.

Like I said: provide additional examples of racism.

Or type out the following: It is impossible for this to be anything other than racism

I didn't claim you used the word "coon", I asked if and how often if so. Mighty defensive here, aren't you? Wonder why.

BrolyBlack
Now take this in context of all the bigoted, racist, homophobic things a high profile person like Joy Reid said.

She was given multiple passes.

What is the difference I wonder?

Surtur
Looking for other opinions, people here ill likely just ignore them because "twitter" then again, KMC opinions dont have any more weight then someone elses.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'm black and there is a lot of racist nonsense going on in our country right now, but this ain't it. It was clearly a fumbling of words and being tongue tied. Talking a bit too fast and combinging "King" with "Jr". Do not give up!!!"

https://twitter.com/EzNona35/status/1082414589663477763? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm
%5E1082414589663477763&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fheavy.com%2Fnews%2F2019%2F01%2Fjeremy-kappell%2F

"Anyone who knows @JeremyKappell knows he regularly mumbles, screws up, speaks too quickly. Just like the rest of us. He literally corrected himself as it happened. Firing him was beyond over-reaching. WTF. This is blowing my mind."

https://twitter.com/cattleprod/status/1082414858858041344? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm
%5E1082414858858041344&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fheavy.com%2Fnews%2F2019%2F01%2Fjeremy-kappell%2F

The left loves to play the race card. Hell they've even tried to alter the definition of racism.

Surtur
I didn't claim you used the word "coon", I asked if and how often if so. Mighty defensive here, aren't you? Wonder why.

Lol jesus, troll better Rob. This is sub par even for you.

Surtur
Now take this in context of all the bigoted, racist, homophobic things a high profile person like Joy Reid said.

She was given multiple passes.

What is the difference I wonder?

Don't forget Sarah Jeong too lol. Flat out racist woman hired by the NYT.

snowdragon

She's obviously an alt-righter.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
She's obviously an alt-righter.

Yeah gotta be. Grr those damn alt right bastards.

All the racist leftists who dumb themselves down around minorities are definitely secretly alt right.

Robtard
The left loves to play the race card. Hell they've even tried to alter the definition of racism.

Now "The Left!" got this man fired for using a well known racial slur on the air? Lolz. You and you're bogeymen.

Reality: He got himself fired for putting his network in that awkward position.

BrolyBlack

Someone here once said it's not racist to say slurs against a majority ethnic group.

BrolyBlack
Now "The Left!" got this man fired for using a well known racial slur on the air? Lolz. You and you're bogeymen.

And Joy Reid?

Surtur

Reality: I was referring to *you* and those like you when talking about playing the race card. You need to do better.

Surtur
Someone here once said it's not racist to say slurs against a majority ethnic group.

Yeah whoever said that is retarded lol.

Robtard
Reality: I was referring to *you* and those like you when talking about playing the race card. You need to do better.

You're really having a hissy fit in here; that much is obvious since page one. Anyhow, what "race card" was played here?

A White news caster referred to a Black man as a "coon" on the air; "coon" is a well known racial slur, there's no "well, I didn't know it had that meaning" move to be played. Said news caster was fired because of it. Pretty simple.

Surtur
You're really having a hissy fit in here; that much is obvious since page one. Anyhow, what "race card" was played here?

A White news caster referred to a Black man as a "coon" on the air; "coon" is a well known racial slur, there's no "well, I didn't know it had that meaning" move to be played. Said news caster was fired because of it. Pretty simple.

So we can add "hissy fit" to the list of words and phrases you can't use properly. Moving on.

Bashar Teg

A simple and pleasing outcome smile

Robtard
So we can add "hissy fit" to the list of words and phrases you can't use properly. Moving on.

Noun: hissy fit, "an angry outburst or tantrum."

^ If the show fits, Surt.

Anyhow, care to answer the question?

Surtur
Noun: hissy fit, "an angry outburst or tantrum."

^ If the show fits, Surt.

Anyhow, care to answer the question?

Go one week without misusing a word and I'll be glad to respond smile

EDIT: Scratch that, go 72 hours.

Robtard
Go one week without misusing a word and I'll be glad to respond smile

EDIT: Scratch that, go 72 hours.

That's twice now; I'll consider your dodging as proof you know you're wrong in your claims then. Moving on.

Surtur
That's twice now; I'll consider your dodging as proof you know you're wrong in your claims then. Moving on.

Nope, my claim is correct. Go 72 hours without misusing a word.

Robtard
A simple and pleasing outcome smile

Going to let Surt continue his hissy fit alone.

I'm mostly impartial here; I understand why the network fired him, they're covering their own asses, as who knows what this guy could say next on the air. In the end, it's his fault; he's the one that said it; accept the repercussions like an adult. eg I accept that if I called one of my Black coworkers a racial slur, I'd get fired.

Surtur
Going to let Surt continue his hissy fit alone.

I'm mostly impartial here; I understand why the network fired him, they're covering their own asses, as who knows what this guy could say next on the air. In the end, it's his fault; he's the one that said it; accept the repercussions like an adult.

And because you had the same attitude over the James Gunn debacle, I respect this thumb up

Bashar Teg
eg I accept that if I called one of my Black coworkers a racial slur, I'd get fired.

That's because you're a big boy and understand action/consequence

Robtard
And because you had the same attitude over the James Gunn debacle, I respect this thumb up

Your hissy fits here aside, I in fact did (see thread as proof), I said I understood why Disney fired Gunn, because they're a family based corporation and they have to cover themselves, even though what Gunn said whole distasteful, wasn't legit pedophilia.

You on the other hand first attacked Disney for firing him, then you attacked Disney when the rumors where that he might be hired all under the flag of "something, something LEFTIST!!!1!". I explained to you that Disney is a multi-billion international corporation, they're not "Leftist" or even "Rightist".

Robtard
That's because you're a big boy and understand action/consequence

Yup thumb up

dadudemon
https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jeremy-kappell/

Here is the video

_Ks6F5tx_mk

As usual, CNN then decides to call it a racial slur.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/us/new-york-meteorologist-racial-slur/index.html

Clearly wasn't a racial slur. Saying Martin Luther King Jr fast apparently can end your life and career now.

What the **** has happened to this world.

I cannot hear what he said at all.

Does anyone have a better video? Perhaps the raw video and not a mobile phone recording of a TV? I looked and I cannot find anything better. The article does not say exactly what he said or what stumbled words he said.

Robtard
He said "Martin Luther Coon Park"

dadudemon

No matter how many time I listen to it, I cannot hear that. It just sounds like he's stumbling over his words.

Edit - Thanks for clarifying. Stupid article is such an SJW-scared place that they can't even do proper journalism. Back in the day, you put the offensive thing in quotes and you were not afraid to post the facts and quotes from people. It was part of the job. Now they can't even do their job because they are too busy pandering to the retarded hysterical SJWs.

-Pr-
It sounds, to me at least, like he's saying "coon". Then again, I was sure I heard Elmo swearing in that Sesame Street video, so my hearing might be tricking me.

Putinbot1
Expected to still see Surt trigger posting on my return, happily surprised and pleased for him he's having a break. thumb up

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by dadudemon
No matter how many time I listen to it, I cannot hear that. It just sounds like he's stumbling over his words.

Edit - Thanks for clarifying. Stupid article is such an SJW-scared place that they can't even do proper journalism. Back in the day, you put the offensive thing in quotes and you were not afraid to post the facts and quotes from people. It was part of the job. Now they can't even do their job because they are too busy pandering to the retarded hysterical SJWs.

Im still trying to figure out if he was fired over this why does Joy Reid have a job?

Surtur
Your hissy fits here aside, I in fact did (see thread as proof), I said I understood why Disney fired Gunn, because they're a family based corporation and they have to cover themselves, even though what Gunn said whole distasteful, wasn't legit pedophilia.

You on the other hand first attacked Disney for firing him, then you attacked Disney when the rumors where that he might be hired all under the flag of "something, something LEFTIST!!!1!". I explained to you that Disney is a multi-billion international corporation, they're not "Leftist" or even "Rightist".

You blamed right wing trolls for getting him fired lol.

Robtard
You blamed right wing trolls for getting him fired lol.

You're spinning again. I blamed your Alt-Right buddy Mike Cernovich for dumping the emails (because he did it), I also said I understood why Disney had to fire Gunn, despite the clearly tasteless but not legit pedo comments Gunn made years ago.

Surtur
You're spinning again. I blamed your Alt-Right buddy Mike Cernovich for dumping the emails (because he did it), I also said I understood why Disney had to fire Gunn, despite the clearly tasteless but not legit pedo comments Gunn made years ago.

I'm talking about tweets, he noted tweets and you placed some of the blame on him for daring to point them out, but okay thumb up

It seems we can agree to disagree here, I don't feel what he did was racist. Not unless he has a history of this.

Putinbot1
Yeah no racism on "accidentally" calling someone a coin in front of millions... clearly. thumb up

Robtard
I'm talking about tweets, he noted tweets and you placed some of the blame on him for daring to point them out, but okay thumb up

It seems we can agree to disagree here, I don't feel what he did was racist. Not unless he has a history of this. Typo. Replace "emails" with "tweets" and nothing really changes thumb up

If you don't think calling a Black man a "coon" is racist, okay then; that's your demon. As I said, I overall impartial here; though I fully understand why his network fired him.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah no racism on "accidentally" calling someone a coin in front of millions... clearly. thumb up

coon*

And it sounds like his brain messed up and he combined King and Junior and got "kunior."

Putinbot1
coon*

And it sounds like his brain messed up and he combined King and Junior and got "kunior." phone autocorrect, nah it's coon.

Surtur
Typo. Replace "emails" with "tweets" and nothing changes thumb up

If you don't think calling a Black man a "coon" is racist, okay then; that's your demon. As I said, I overall impartial here; though I fully understand why his network fired him.

It's certainly racist for a man of any color to purposely call a black man a coon, but that isn't what happened here.

Putinbot1
It's certainly racist for a man of any color to purposely call a black man a coon, but that isn't what happened here. nothing to see here folks because...

Surtur
nothing to see here folks because...

Because sometimes people slip up and no a slip up isn't always an excuse for some tool to come in yelling about Freud as if they're intelligent lol. It screams of triggerdom.

Putinbot1
Because sometimes people slip up and no a slip up isn't always an excuse for some tool to come in yelling about Freud as if they're intelligent lol. It screams of triggerdom. sometimes people accidently reveal their true selves. It's nothing to do with Freud. If you were educated you'd know he just named something people have always understood.

Flyattractor
How the MLK did this get to 5 pages already?

Big Pile of SurtHaters Spamming the MLK out of this Thread.

Dirty Bunch of MLK-ers.

Surtur
sometimes people accidently reveal their true selves.

And sometimes a slip is just a slip.

I never said he invented the notion, you need to do better...what you just said makes you sound the opposite of educated. In fact, it makes you come off like you had nothing better to offer than to try and fail to nitpick at something.

Putinbot1
And sometimes a slip is just a slip.

I never said he invented the notion, you need to do better...what you just said makes you sound the opposite of educated. In fact, it makes you come off like you had nothing better to offer than to try and fail to nitpick at something. Haha of course it doesn't.

Adam_PoE

What is a "coon park"?

Flyattractor
What is a "coon park"?

Just Google it you lazy boy you.

BrolyBlack
I listened to it a few times,

He said "Martin Luther Kun (then corrected to King)-Jr-Park" really fast.

Surtur
I listened to it a few times,

He said "Martin Luther Kun (then corrected to King)-Jr-Park" really fast.

Yup this is silly. I hope he finds another job quickly.

Robtard
Because sometimes people slip up and no a slip up isn't always an excuse for some tool to come in yelling about Freud as if they're intelligent lol. It screams of triggerdom.

How often do you "slip" and blurt out a racial slur by accident, Surt?

BrolyBlack
Kung isnt a racial slur though.

Robtard
"Kun" isn't, but "coon" is in regards to Black people; which is what he said.

BrolyBlack
So then he def didn't say "coon" because there is no k in that. "Kung" sounds closer and that's when he corrected to King. From reading more about the whole thing and people who watch him he's known to jumble words often because he talks fast.

Surtur
How often do you "slip" and blurt out a racial slur by accident, Surt?

You claim you're impartial, yet seem unwilling to even entertain the idea this was an accident and isn't a sign the individual is racist.

As for your question, I don't know how often. Then again...I don't have to go on the air live in front of millions. Query: why is whether or not I've done it before relevant to whether or not this person did it?

Robtard
First his defense was: "He said coon, but it was just a slip of the tongue/accident and people shouldn't be punished for accidents."

Now it's: "He didn't say coon."

If he didn't say it, why defend it as an accident?

Robtard
You claim you're impartial, yet seem unwilling to even entertain the idea this was an accident and isn't a sign the individual is racist.

As for your question, I don't know how often. Then again...I don't have to go on the air live in front of millions. Query: why is whether or not I've done it before relevant to whether or not this person did it?

I'm entertaining it, why I asked you how many times you slip and accidentally say a racial slur?

So you've done it then. Okay. If you're entertaining that it happens, it's fair game to ask how often. Why does it matter that he was on air in front of millions? He's no novice news caster, he's a professional.

BrolyBlack
If he did say Kung or some variation, it wouldn't make sense to say "coon" to try and play it off. Also, why would he even correct it immediately, he would have had to have this all pre-thought out.

Flyattractor
Wow. Robbie is one of the most delusional hate pushers on ths Board I have ever seen.

The Shit he pulls out of his ass...

Putinbot1
I'm entertaining it, why I asked you how many times you slip and accidentally say a racial slur?

So you've done it then. Okay. If you're entertaining that it happens, it's fair game to ask how often. Why does it matter that he was on air in front of millions? He's no novice news caster, he's a professional. he slips daily, after a few drinks, coon instead of king, cockroach instead of immigrant. The usual "accidents" some people make.

Surtur
From the audio it sounds like coon to me and seems like a slip. It would be different if he had a history of this kind of thing. Who knows, maybe he does? I'm sure right now someone is pouring over the guys twitter feed.

BrolyBlack
How to Pronounce Niger and Montenegro without sounding racist.

I wonder if someone would get fired for mispronouncing these words.

Adam_PoE
I cannot believe Coon-gate has six pages of discussion dedicated to it. I am bored with this.

Bashar Teg
me too. I've been getting bored overall with KillerPorchMonkeys. Oh crap sorry. What an embarrassing and entirely coincidental typo.

dadudemon
me too. I've been getting bored overall with KillerPorchMonkeys. Oh crap sorry. What an embarrassing typo.

crylaugh

Someone fire this guy from ABC, ASAP.

Tzeentch
Sucks for the guy and I hope he finds justice. Is this supposed to be damning commentary on the world though? People have been getting fired for shit like this as long as there's been jobs to fire people from.

Robtard
If he did say Kung or some variation, it wouldn't make sense to say "coon" to try and play it off. Also, why would he even correct it immediately, he would have had to have this all pre-thought out.

Because he said "coon", not "kung" and quickly realized what his inner demons where saying outwardly. If he had said "kung", he would have stuck with that and not apologized as he did.

Robtard
he slips daily, after a few drinks, coon instead of king, cockroach instead of immigrant. The usual "accidents" some people make.

Lolz

BrolyBlack
me too. I've been getting bored overall with KillerPorchMonkeys. Oh crap sorry. What an embarrassing and entirely coincidental typo.

Yea but you intentionally wrote thatlaughing out loud

What this appears like is no matter what you say even if innocent, if you mess up saying something your screwed.

I found some other major TV New blunders.

uyNHUvWzvL

Surtur
Because he said "coon", not "kung" and quickly realized what his inner demons where saying outwardly. If he had said "kung", he would have stuck with that and not apologized as he did.

Or maybe he just didn't wanna make the situation worse by arguing with people over it.

BrolyBlack

I mean Kun not Kung.

Kun is Closer to King in a verbal slip up then "coon to king" dont you agree?

MythLord
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/k-pqU_1Ipp4/maxresdefault.jpg

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Sucks for the guy and I hope he finds justice. Is this supposed to be damning commentary on the world though? People have been getting fired for shit like this as long as there's been jobs to fire people from.

I think the damning commentary is less that he was fired and more about the instant assumption that he's a vile racist just showing his "inner demons" to the world.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/k-pqU_1Ipp4/maxresdefault.jpg

You f*cking nazi!

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Tzeentch

laughing out loud Good point

Robtard
Or maybe he just didn't wanna make the situation worse by arguing with people over it.

B-b-b-but he is arguing with people over it, he's saying it wasn't intentional and that he shouldn't be fired for a "slip of the tongue."

https://twitter.com/JeremyKappell? ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eau
thor

Surtur
B-b-b-but he is arguing with people over it, he's saying it wasn't intentional and that he shouldn't be fired for a "slip of the tongue."

https://twitter.com/JeremyKappell? ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eau
thor

B-b-but this is after he's been fired and had morons like you calling him racist lol.

Robtard
I mean Kun not Kung.

Kun is Closer to King in a verbal slip up then "coon to king" dont you agree?

I agree that "kun" sounds closer to "king" than "coon."

He said "coon" though.

Surtur

BackFire
That's a pretty bad slip up, though.

BrolyBlack
If you say "kun, or coon", they sound the exact same. I just don't see why he would throw his life away for a 1/2 like that. Makes no sense. The guy seemed to be with the station for 10 years? I don't think he woke up that morning saying 'Im going to throw it all away today by saying coon instead of king."

Also the guy if he takes it to court, 10 out of 10 says he wins in court.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
That's a pretty bad slip up, though.

I wonder if this applies:

Spoonerism

Robtard
B-b-but this is after he's been fired and had morons like you calling him racist lol.

Post the quote(s) where I called this man a "racist"? If you can't, you owe me an apology for calling me a moron.

Surtur
Post the quote(s) where I called this man a "racist"? If you can't, you owe me an apology for calling me a moron.

You implied it and you know it. There is no other reason for you to be incredulous over people "defending" it.

Putinbot1
Yeah, I hate that when my Tourettes get the best of me and I call racist ****ing *****, racist ****ing *****. Sorry Surt you ****ing ****. Apologies for all the * I posted.

staxamillion
7 pages... wow

sad honestly it seemed like a slip up but i dont have coon floating around the tip of my tongue waiting to jump out either. makes me think he didn't mean to say it then but probably says it plenty other times. the station gotta save face somehow... i do think he can bounce back and work for a different station if he has a decent track record.

Surtur

Spoonerism

Just in case people missed this.

Robtard
You implied it and you know it. There is no other reason for you to be incredulous over people "defending" it.

Where did I imply it? Keep in mind that acknowledging that calling a Black man a "coon" is a racist comment isn't calling someone a racist.

So either prove your libel against me or apologize.

Surtur
Where did I imply it? Keep in mind that acknowledging that calling a Black man a "coon" is a racist comment isn't calling someone a racist.

So either prove your libel against me or apologize.

You implied it when you acted incredulous that people were "defending" this. It's your very first response to this thread.

Surtur
https://www.change.org/p/nbc-i-stand-behind-jeremy-kappell

I'm gonna sign the petition. It's goal is 15,000 signatures and right now it has 14,537

BackFire
If you say "kun, or coon", they sound the exact same. I just don't see why he would throw his life away for a 1/2 like that. Makes no sense. The guy seemed to be with the station for 10 years? I don't think he woke up that morning saying 'Im going to throw it all away today by saying coon instead of king."

Also the guy if he takes it to court, 10 out of 10 says he wins in court.

Well it definitely didn't sound like he did it intentionally. Still, that's probably the worst slip up you could make when talking about Martin Luther King Jr. It's unfortunate he was fired for it, but I can see the network's POV for sure.

Spoonerism

I think it was more like in his head he was going Okay, don't say 'coon', don't say 'coon', don't say 'coon', don't say 'coon' "COON"....DAMN IT

dadudemon
https://www.change.org/p/nbc-i-stand-behind-jeremy-kappell

I'm gonna sign the petition. It's goal is 15,000 signatures and right now it has 14,537

Signing petitions like these is 1 point more effective than sending thoughts and prayers.

That scale's range?

0-1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 with thoughts are prayers being a 2.

Surtur
Signing petitions like these is 1 point more effective than sending thoughts and prayers.

That scale's range?

0-1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 with thoughts are prayers being a 2.

That's fine, it didn't take me long to sign nor do I expect it to actually get him his job back.

BackFire
If worse comes to worse he'll just get a job at Fox News.

dadudemon
That's fine, it didn't take me long to sign nor do I expect it to actually get him his job back.

Yes you did.

You implied it when you posted the petition that people were "signing". It's your very first time posting about it in this thread.

Surtur
Yes you did.

You implied it when you posted the petition that people were "signing". It's your very first time posting about it in this thread.

I noted that people were signing and the goal was 15,000. I don't expect it to get him his job back.

BackFire
DDM thinks you did, though.

dadudemon
I noted that people were signing and the goal was 15,000. I don't expect it to get him his job back.

I am super super duper trolling you by quoting your words back to you that you made to Robtard.

no expression

"You implied it when you acted incredulous that people were "defending" this. It's your very first response to this thread."

How dare you be this stupid, Surtur. I had much higher expectations out of you considering your achievements in smarassery. How dare you!

Surtur
DDM thinks you did, though.

That's cool, but I've now set the record straight.

Btw over 15,000 signatures now.

BackFire
Cool, that means he gets his job back.

dadudemon
That's cool, but I've now set the record straight.

Btw over 15,000 signatures now.

I can't believe your vote counted that many times. Your signature is rather powerful.

Surtur
Cool, that means he gets his job back.

It also means there are at least 15,000 non-snowflakes out there.

Surtur
I can't believe your vote counted that many times. Your signature is rather powerful.

It's just how I do.

BackFire
It also means there are at least 15,000 non-snowflakes out there.

Don't know about that. Snowflakes love signing pointless petitions.

Surtur
Don't know about that. Snowflakes love signing pointless petitions.

Usually to boycott something though, cuz they're brats.

This specific petition? Nah, it's non-snowflakes.

BackFire
I've been boycotting every product I never buy for years, it's an easy thing to do.

Surtur
I've been boycotting liverwurst for centuries.

dadudemon
It's just how I do.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16800506#post16800506

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>