Sequels you want to see, but probably never will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
For me, it's disappointing Fall of Cybertron will never get a follow up. Those High Moon games were like crack for Transformers fans. Maybe not the best games, or the most original, but they got it right where Bayformers got it wrong. G1 style, made into a big budget retelling of the stories from our childhoods.

Jmanghan
The Finale of the Final Fantasy VII sequel.

Genesis was supposed to ****ing return, damnit.

Impediment
The Darkness III because II ended on a cliffhanger!

Jmanghan
Way of the Samurai 5.

ares834
KotOR 3

cdtm
Gonna add: Freespace 3.

The way the wind is blowing on sandbox games, and how poorly something like Strike Suit Zero was recieved, I don't think there's much market for arena space shooters anymore.

Khazra Reborn
A new Legacy of Kain game

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
For me, it's disappointing Fall of Cybertron will never get a follow up. Those High Moon games were like crack for Transformers fans. Maybe not the best games, or the most original, but they got it right where Bayformers got it wrong. G1 style, made into a big budget retelling of the stories from our childhoods.

Yeah, Activision can get ****ed for that

as for the topic

Half-Life 3 or Episode 3 & also Bulletstorm.

NewGuy01
Prince of Persia.

Inhuman
Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Diablo 4, Unreal Tournament 5

CroftAlice
Tomb Raider

Jmanghan
Originally posted by CroftAlice
Tomb Raider Uh....?

-Pr-
To be fair, while I am sure we'll get a new Tomb Raider, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a sequel to Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It wasn't received nearly as well as Rise, iirc.

Smasandian
Shadow is not bad. It's well made game, just more of the same.

-Pr-
I wouldn't call it a mess or anything, but it did have some issues I thought were not up to the standard I would expect from the devs. And obviously something turned people off if it wasn't selling as well as it could have.

BackFire
Sleeping Dogs 2. One of the better urban open world games. Was really looking forward to the sequel.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BackFire
Sleeping Dogs 2. One of the better urban open world games. Was really looking forward to the sequel. There was an MMO for it but I think it got canceled or something :/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_Wars

Tz1q78DUIB4

BackFire
I believe the sequel was in development but then the studio got shuttered.

cdtm
Originally posted by BackFire
Sleeping Dogs 2. One of the better urban open world games. Was really looking forward to the sequel.

thumb up

Maybe Rockstar realized no review hit pieces could stop it, and paid off Square to never make a sequel.

Smasandian
I think this is sarcasm??

cdtm
It's a fantastic game that came out to middling reviews, which is par for the course for those gaggle of shills and industry elitists. Generally speaking, I take an inverse view of metas: If most critics hate it, it's probably good. If they praise it, it's probably awful.

NemeBro
It's a fantastic game that came out to middling reviews, which is par for the course for those gaggle of shills and industry elitists. Generally speaking, I take an inverse view of metas: If most critics hate it, it's probably good. If they praise it, it's probably awful. Eighty isn't a middling review, even by the warped "anything under 70% is unsalvagable trash" standards of gaming journalism.

What games that critics like would you say are bad? What games critics hate are good?

cdtm
Could have sworn it used to be 70's/60's, back in its last gen run.

Which would be middling, by crazy review standards where anything under 90 is like a B+ and anything under 80 is considered an F-.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro

What games that critics like would you say are bad? What games critics hate are good?

Going off of memory:

Dragon Dogma was absolutely ripped apart by Eurogamer.

God Hand is a well known example, which got a 3.0 on IGN.

I rather thought Strike Suit Zero was marked down, simply because "arena shooters" are a dead genre, but think the gameplay blows Freespace or Wing Commander out of the water (As opposed to sandbox games or trading sims, which has become the norm.)

NemeBro
Going off of memory:

Dragon Dogma was absolutely ripped apart by Eurogamer.

It got an 8/10 lol. Dark Arisen got a 9/10.

That's one publication. Overall it sits at 73, which is about what it deserves.

Space flight sims are gay.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
Shadow is not bad. It's well made game, just more of the same.

The area where it failed was the story from what i've heard, Everything else besides that was great.

CroftAlice
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wouldn't call it a mess or anything, but it did have some issues I thought were not up to the standard I would expect from the devs. And obviously something turned people off if it wasn't selling as well as it could have.

In the previous games you have more action and less exploration

In shadow is the other way around

cdtm
Since the hd remake of Guardian Heroes sold so poorly, we probably won't see a sequel. For my money, there's no better beat 'em up on a console or PC, and it's actually more fun then any arcade beat 'em up.

BadMojoScootr
I would like Shining Force IV but maybe never.

Kazenji
The recent Mad Max game.

cdtm
Originally posted by BadMojoScootr
I would like Shining Force IV but maybe never.

And a port for III, so everyone besides the three people that owned a Dreamcast can play it.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Kazenji
The recent Mad Max game.

That game was pretty damn good, it obviously took a lot from the Arkham games, but I thought it improved upon the Arkham Knight game play alot, it probably helps that I like Mad Max more than Batman too, lol

John Murdoch
Originally posted by ares834
KotOR 3
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
A new Legacy of Kain game

Seconded, and seconded.

cdtm
Descent Freespace: III

A real one, not another mod of 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.