WW vs The supersoldier squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Spectre+
Diana has full gear(shield and sword as of BvS) VS

ROUND 1: Steve with just 1 ak-47, bucky with 2 ak-47 and a smoke bomb, t'challa with waterfall gear as is killmonger.

ROUND 2: Steve with 2 ak-47 and a smoke bomb, bucky with 2 ak-47 and a 2 grenades, t'challa with above and suit, killmonger remains the same.

ROUND 3: Above But killmonger gets his suit.

ROUND 4: Steve now gets his shield and a vibr knife, bucky with steve's IW shield and the rest.

so who wins? oh and......
ROUND 5: Nick Fury joins the fray.

Surtur
Ehhh, I'm not sure where people view her durability. I think she was made to bleed by a bullet. And if Steve and Bucky fire at the same time from different angles I'm not sure she could block all those bullets.

The Spectre+
c'mon, she was taking hits from doomsday wasnt she?

Inhuman
Originally posted by The Spectre+

She blocked all the hits with the shield and sword int hat fight. Last hit she took in the fight could have been a hit, but it still may have been a block with the sword. Its inconclusive.

NotAllThatEvil
I think once panther gets his suit, the soldiers can win.

Surtur
Originally posted by The Spectre+

Yeah but even in the comics her ability to withstand blunt force is far greater than her ability to withstand piercing attacks.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah but even in the comics her ability to withstand blunt force is far greater than her ability to withstand piercing attacks.

Still doesn't make it any stupider though. Realistically, if Superman can headbutt her into concrete hard enough to crater it, and she doesn't even get a mild scrape in the process, bullets shouldn't really bother her either. But hey, that's comic book logic for you.

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Still doesn't make it any stupider though. Realistically, if Superman can headbutt her into concrete hard enough to crater it, and she doesn't even get a mild scrape in the process, bullets shouldn't really bother her either. But hey, that's comic book logic for you.

On the other hand if she's bullet proof it's also stupid that she feels the need to block bullets lol. Who does it benefit? It's not like when Superman catches bullets because he does it so people nearby don't get hurt by any bullets that bounce off of him.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
On the other hand if she's bullet proof it's also stupid that she feels the need to block bullets lol. Who does it benefit? It's not like when Superman catches bullets because he does it so people nearby don't get hurt by the ricochets.

Yeah. Writers have screwed it up repeatedly with her.

But the same could be said for super soldiers as well though. If you consider Cap has taken punches from Ultron, Iron Man, Thanos, Winter Soldier's metal arm, Red Skull etc. without serious long term harm (and all of these guys have shown the ability to dent steel at the very least), he should also be far more resilient to piercing damage than he is portrayed as being. Honestly, he should probably be in the same range as Bushmaster. But his ass can get shot and stabbed, just like anyone else.

FrothByte

I always felt like it was reverse plate armor logic. Plate armor is very good at stopping slashing and piercing attacks from swords and spears but is vulnerable to blunt force attacks from warhammers and maces (or piercing attacks w/ blunt force momentum like a lance charge).

So maybe there's such a thing as a reverse of that?

edit: Or maybe she's like a rubber tire. You could pound those things with a sledgehammer all day and they'll be fine but can easily be done in with a sharp knife.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I always felt like it was reverse plate armor logic. Plate armor is very good at stopping slashing and piercing attacks from swords and spears but is vulnerable to blunt force attacks from warhammers and maces (or piercing attacks w/ blunt force momentum like a lance charge).

edit: Or maybe she's like a rubber tire. You could pound those things with a sledgehammer all day and they'll be fine but can easily be done in with a sharp knife.

Problem is that doesn't quite track for me with some of her feats. Sure it applies to the initial hit. But the after effect, as in the case with the Superman headbutt and some of her hits against Ares IIRC, sent her dragging along the ground, tearing it up in the process. So, she is scraping along rough, hard, jagged edges with parts of her bare skin, and with a considerable amount of force. Yet not a scratch. So, it would be less pounding a tire and more grinding or grating it.

But eh, like I said, that's comic logic for you.

FrothByte
Problem is that doesn't quite track for me with some of her feats. Sure it applies to the initial hit. But the after effect, as in the case with the Superman headbutt and some of her hits against Ares IIRC, sent her dragging along the ground, tearing it up in the process. So, she is scraping along rough, hard, jagged edges with parts of her bare skin, and with a considerable amount of force. Yet not a scratch. So, it would be less pounding a tire and more grinding or grating it.

But eh, like I said, that's comic logic for you.

Well if you throw a tire against stones and rubble and stuff it doesn't exactly get cut up immediately. I mean, MT tires spend a good amount of time banging on uneven surfaces without getting cut up. Add to that WW's healing and I can see why she doesn't get hurt by scraping on the ground.

BruceSkywalker
since this thread is about impregnating Diana, then they all do

NemeBro

edit: Or maybe she's like a rubber tire. You could pound those things with a sledgehammer all day and they'll be fine but can easily be done in with a sharp knife. There's no logical reason for Diana's weakness to piercing damage that pervades most of her work. It's just comic writer stupidity.

Silent Master
Otherwise known as the h1 effect.

ShadowFyre
I dont see how this is really even up for debate. She decimates them in under a minute.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
There's no logical reason for Diana's weakness to piercing damage that pervades most of her work. It's just comic writer stupidity.

Maybe she's just made of really tough rubber?

TheVaultDweller
Maybe she's just made of really tough rubber?

Well, if that's the case, Chris Pine certainly had an interesting experience in Diana's solo movie. evil face

Yep, totally went there.

carthage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.