Has feminism gone too far??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Spectre+
Yes, Has it gone too far? or are feminists being cynical/fanatical? or is it misunderstood?

I'm not so sure what do you think. And...........
https://www.pbs.org/thinktank/transcript132.html

Make Of That What You Will.
And i'm not an incel.

Surtur
It has, unquestionably it has...they are kinda seeing the fruits of their labors:

Originally posted by Surtur
Equality Law BACKFIRES, Feminist Program Forced To Allow Men

LcOs19DQzIA

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a8b775fe81e39fb6cf5cace868929e05/tenor.gif

The intent of the scholarship in question...from the person who originally set it up, was that this goes to women and only women. I'd personally argue that either it should still only go towards women or just not be a scholarship featured anymore, buuut...I mean, this is what they wanted...this is the world they sought to create and now they gotta...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IyhKF1MNYjKSVs4/giphy.gif

jaden_2.0
Feminism, like anything else, is a spectrum. On one end you have ones who campaign against female genital mutilation, honour killings, sexual violence and better protections for sex workers and on the other end you have man hating freaks who scream "patriarchy" at pixelated boobs in videogames and complain about posters of women who aren't obese.

Surtur
Januhairy Is Here, and Women Are Taking to Instagram to Share Photos of Their Body Hair

Yeah is there any way to vote for "gone too far" twice?

jaden_2.0
Januhairy Is Here, and Women Are Taking to Instagram to Share Photos of Their Body Hair

Yeah is there any way to vote for "gone too far" twice?

Do you remember the British woman who freaked out in an interview when the guy on the other side of the debate said "sticks and stones may break my bones but there'll always be something to offend a feminist"

Unsurprisingly she was on TV today with hairy pits.

Putinbot1
There will always be extremists, some feminists are extremists. Many of the weird rightist red puller, Incels are also extremists. Two sides of the same problem, for most people who don't live on YouTube all day and just go about their daily lives living, it's not a problem either way.

Surtur

Putinbot1
There's always going to be a distorting lens on internet forums on women's issues as women rarely frequent them and many men on them use them as a substitute for the women who rejected them. A place to hate and vent there anger at the world.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
There's always going to be a distorting lens on internet forums on women's issues as women rarely frequent them and many men on them use them as a substitute for the women who rejected them. A place to hate and vent there anger at the world.

This thread has you salty laughing

Putinbot1
There's always going to be a distorting lens on internet forums on women's issues as women rarely frequent them and many men on them use them as a substitute for the women who rejected them. A place to hate and vent there anger at the world. of course many of these men haven't just been rejected by women. But everything a normal person has in the world, a family of their own, work and education for self esteem, kids etc.

As such it's very difficult to discuss feminism or women's issues,

1 because women are not present and

2 because most men present only know women who are family members by blood.

Surtur
Lol bless his heart he's trying so hard.

Putinbot1
of course many of these men haven't just been rejected by women. But everything a normal person has in the world, a family of their own, work and education for self esteem, kids etc.

As such it's very difficult to discuss feminism or women's issues,

1 because women are not present and

2 because most men present only know women who are family members by blood. The other thing important to consider is given the fact as Brolyblack said to me the other day many forummers struggle with women. Why should they worry about feminism, especially if they don't compete with women in the job market too. Unless they are worried about being found guilty of rape or sexual assault that is.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Feminism, like anything else, is a spectrum. On one end you have ones who campaign against female genital mutilation, honour killings, sexual violence and better protections for sex workers and on the other end you have man hating freaks who scream "patriarchy" at pixelated boobs in videogames and complain about posters of women who aren't obese.

thumb up

Yup.

It's official, now.

I love you.

dadudemon
The other thing important to consider is given the fact as Brolyblack said to me the other day many forummers struggle with women. Why should they worry about feminism, especially if they don't compete with women in the job market too. Unless they are worried about being found guilty of rape or sexual assault that is.

Wait...

Drummers struggle with women? Why? In relationships or competing for slots in the band?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wait...

Drummers struggle with women? Why? In relationships or competing for slots in the band? where? wink

dadudemon
where? wink

Oh, I see. You corrected drummers to forummers before I quoted the post.

You sneaky bastard.

Putinbot1
Oh, I see. You corrected drummers to forummers before I quoted the post.

You sneaky bastard. Haha, I never proof read usually here DDM and phone auto correct is a bigger ***** than an Incels idea of the girl who rejected him.

Bashar Teg
buttmad incel thread *yawn*

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
buttmad incel thread *yawn* thumb up

Surtur
thumb up

U seem like the only one angry tho. Like legit anger, not just "ha no I'm just trolling as opposed to having a creepy angry overreaction".

shiv
Btw its women who carry out genital mutilation on young girls in Africa.

Men don't go around lifting their daughters skirts. Or other people's daughters skirts. Thats what the elder women do.

The female circumcision as they call it is often a part of the coming of age ceremonies the women do in some cultures.

If you want to get all female genital mutilations to stop then you have to get the mothers and the grandmothers aunts and woman who are leaders in their communities where this happens to archive the procedure.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by shiv

Men don't go around lifting their daughters skirts. Or other people's daughters skirts. Thats what the elder women do.

The female circumcision as they call it is often a part of the coming of age ceremonies the women do in some cultures.

If you want to get all female genital mutilations to stop then you have to get the mothers and the grandmothers aunts and woman who are leaders in their communities where this happens to archive the procedure. very true.

Surtur

If you want to get all female genital mutilations to stop then you have to get the mothers and the grandmothers aunts and woman who are leaders in their communities where this happens to archive the procedure.

Damn, and what excuse do they use in order to do that? As in, is there a legit reason they give(legit in their crazy minds) as to why this needs to happen?

Putinbot1
Culture. Women are often healers, holders of knowledge etc, it's an extension of the traditional nurse/carer role. In.many African countries the Catholic or Islamic religion will stand beside ancient custom.

snowdragon
Damn, and what excuse do they use in order to do that? As in, is there a legit reason they give(legit in their crazy minds) as to why this needs to happen?

I just prayed to baby Jesus for someone to give the answer as religion and culture (mostly religion though.)

shiv
And get the god-mothers on board in those cultures where children born into a tribe are assigned a second mother (this will usually be a very close friend of the mother or the mid-wife who worked closest with their mother to delivered them.

Putinbot1
And get the god-mothers on board in those cultures where children born into a tribe are assigned a second mother (this will usually be a very close friend of the mother or the mid-wife who worked closest with their mother to delivered them. Exactly Shiv.

Surtur
Culture. Women are often healers, holders of knowledge etc, it's an extension of the traditional nurse/carer role. In.many African countries the Catholic or Islamic religion will stand beside ancient custom.

Yes but within the culture what is the reason given?

Putinbot1
Yes but within the culture what is the reason given? Usually custom, could be identity markings. I've had people work for me with full cat face markings. Could also be wards for protection/luck. Can be both.

Surtur
Usually custom, could be identity markings. I've had people work for me with full cat face markings. Could also be wards for protection/luck. Can be both.

Okay...I'm asking the reason for the custom though lol.

For instance, if you ask a Catholic why they take a sip of wine during mass they would be able to give you a reason beyond "custom".

So they mutilate them so they can identify their..clan..family..whatever?

Putinbot1
Okay...I'm asking the reason for the custom though lol.

For instance, if you ask a Catholic why they take a sip of wine during mass they would be able to give you a reason beyond "custom".

So they mutilate them so they can identify their..clan..family..whatever? Yeah often tribal for identity, luck, health, protection etc. It's all superstition.

Guys get marked too.

The Spectre+
Guys get marked too.
Oh trust me. They get ones sometimes that look like they performed ritual combat with a tiger.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by The Spectre+
Oh trust me. They get ones sometimes that look like they performed ritual combat with a tiger. Yes, they do.

Mindship
I tend to agree with 'equity' feminism.

There is a fine line, methinks, between revolution and revenge.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Mindship
I tend to agree with 'equity' feminism.

There is a fine line, methinks, between revolution and revenge. Yeah, pretty much agree MS, revenge feminists are the extreme like internet forummer who suggest a lot of revenge feminists exist. Women and men **** each other up sometime, that's **** all to do with all women, or even all feminists.

The Spectre+
i just some women feel are not content with their status as women or female. or feel that, that status/position is inferior.
Imagine girls calling themselves kings - a position they view as one of authority. why not queen i asked one, and she insisted on being called a king.
So some of them actualy feel inferior, only joining the feminist movement to feel tough, or strong. They in reality still see the males as superior.
They then, have completly missed the point.
Its what i think of some of them.

Surtur
Originally posted by The Spectre+
i just some women feel are not content with their status as women or female. or feel that, that status/position is inferior.
Imagine girls calling themselves kings - a position they view as one of authority. why not queen i asked one, and she insisted on being called a king.
So some of them actualy feel inferior, only joining the feminist movement to feel tough, or strong. They in reality still see the males as superior.
They then, have completly missed the point.
Its what i think of some of them.

My view is that if feminism was still truly needed they wouldn't have to make up fake problems like the pay gap or the idea the USA is a rape culture.

shiv
Look Surtur

In the parts of the world where this stuff happens they are living the same traditions they have lived for hundreds of years + with some elements of what we recognise as say 19th Century to 20th Century cultural values mixed in.

Some parts of the world, Asia, India, Middle East, Even Europe if you go there you will find they don't even have the language or the concept for many things.

Some questions you have to go there or maybe speak with some one from there.

Some questions, are pretty well covered:

Example: Chinese Small Feet Tradition

Flyattractor
Kind of like how in an upcoming Black Widow Comic they are going to make her a male genital mutilator cause...SuperHeros!!!!!!

Surtur
Look Surtur

In the parts of the world where this stuff happens they are living the same traditions they have lived for hundreds of years + with some elements of what we recognise as say 19th Century to 20th Century cultural values mixed in.

Some parts of the world, Asia, India, Middle East, Even Europe if you go there you will find they don't even have the language or the concept for many things.

Example: Chinese Small Feet Tradition

Those parts of the world kinda sound like shitholes.

Putinbot1
Look Surtur

Example: Chinese Small Feet Tradition I don't disagree with any of this. I live in Africa, I've lived in a number of other places in Africa and Asia, even that asking can be complex.

dadudemon
I don't disagree with any of this. I live in Africa, I've lived in a number of other places in Africa and Asia, even that asking can be complex.

You'll agree, though.

FGM may be the worst thing humans have ever done for the sake of tradition.

Eating the dead flesh of your enemies (Maori)? That's actually pretty cool. Gross. But cool. One of the most disgusting traditions that showed respect to your slain enemies.

But FGM? Nah. It's the worst. Terrible terrible.

BrolyBlack
Child robots will solve the worlds problem

samhain

Spot on. I know a Somali girl who was smuggled out of the country by her brother and father against her mothers wishes. Apparently it's what the Tori Amos song, Cornflake Girl is about. (Mothers partaking in their daughters castration, not the Somali girl I know specifically.)

To the question at hand; I think feminism, like all movements, attracts and has attracted people who don't really share in its ideology but are rather using it as a shield or a device to allow them to be the hateful, angry, combative bullies that they are. These people are actually sort of a hindrance to feminism as their toxic attitude would drive a lot of fence-sitters away from issues they might otherwise have an interest in.

Ultimately though, I don't give a shit about feminism as it boils down to designated equality for some, I'd rather have general equality for all.

samhain
Just noticed how none of the voting options offer any positive choices on feminism, they're mostly different takes on 'feminism bad'.

jaden_2.0
My view is that if feminism was still truly needed they wouldn't have to make up fake problems like the pay gap or the idea the USA is a rape culture.

There's genuine issues beyond your country's borders, Surt.

jaden_2.0
thumb up

Yup.

It's official, now.

I love you.

I know. wink

Putinbot1
You'll agree, though.

Eating the dead flesh of your enemies (Maori)? That's actually pretty cool. Gross. But cool. One of the most disgusting traditions that showed respect to your slain enemies.

But FGM? Nah. It's the worst. Terrible terrible. slavery and head hunting, ritual rape, all traditions somewhere none are good by our standards. However I have no right to impose my will on another culture.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by samhain
Just noticed how none of the voting options offer any positive choices on feminism, they're mostly different takes on 'feminism bad'. Haha, yup! thumb up

Bashar Teg
It's almost like these tender t!tty-babies can't cope with other opinions.

Surtur
There's genuine issues beyond your country's borders, Surt.

Yeah, so why don't the feminists here care?

Surtur
You'll agree, though.

But FGM? Nah. It's the worst. Terrible terrible.

Really just obliterates the "all cultures are equal" logic some espouse. No, some are most definitely superior to others.

Robtard
Just noticed how none of the voting options offer any positive choices on feminism, they're mostly different takes on 'feminism bad'.
Because feminism is factually bad, just go to a edgelord youtuber ranter's page; they'll tell you and that's all you need to form an opinion.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Because feminism is bad, just got to a a male edgelord youtuber ranter's page; they'll tell you and that's all you need to form an opinion. thumb up

Putinbot1
Really just obliterates the "all cultures are equal" logic some espouse. No, some are most definitely superior to others. what does that even mean?

Equal technologically, artistically, morally, historically, at tiddly winks. Why, is that even an argument? How do you measure it?

Robtard
what does that even mean?

Equal technologically, artistically, morally, historically, at fiddly winks. Why, is that even an argument?

Feeling superior to other cultures, especially cultures where brown people are dominant is VERY important to some people here. Add an Islamic factor in as well and that's just extra toppings.

jaden_2.0
Yeah, so why don't the feminists here care?

Some do. You just have it in your head that all feminists are like the screeching red haired "shut the **** up" woman and Hugh Mungus's nemesis, Zarna Joshi because you only get your opinions on feminism from people who address those types.

Robtard
Some do. You just have it in your head that all feminists are like the screeching red haired "shut the **** up" woman and Hugh Mungus's nemesis, Zarna Joshi because you only get your opinions on feminism from people who address those types.

^ That's a bingo.

There's plenty of feminist in the US and UK alone who campaign for women's/equal rights in other countries.

Putinbot1
Feeling superior to other cultures, especially cultures where brown people are dominant is VERY important to some people here. Add an Islamic factor in as well and that's just extra toppings.

Forgot that Rob, I'm all clear about it now. Sad but true post thumb up

Putinbot1
Some do. You just have it in your head that all feminists are like the screeching red haired "shut the **** up" woman and Hugh Mungus's nemesis, Zarna Joshi because you only get your opinions on feminism from people who address those types. missed this, top notch!

Surtur

Some do, most don't.

Surtur
Forgot that Rob, I'm all clear about it now. Sad but true post thumb up

It's not really true, but if you need to believe it is...go for it thumb up

Raptor22
Have some individual feminists/groups gone too far? Absolutely.

Feminists as a whole. Imho no.

Feminists are no different than any other group, wheather its politics, religion, sports etc...As with most there will usually be a fringe element that taints the others with extremism.

I wouldnt blame feminism in general for the words/actions of some nor would i blame all Republicans for the words/actions of trump or hold all baseball fans accountable for the death threats cubs fans sent Steve Bartman after his incident.

The only group i would hold accountable for the actions of its individuals are creepy Gingers. With their pale, soft skin and sweaty hands. I dont trust a single one of them and im certain those mutants are up to no good.

dadudemon
slavery and head hunting, ritual rape, all traditions somewhere none are good by our standards. However I have no right to impose my will on another culture.

I view it as worse than Slavery because the woman is already being treated like a slave, at that point...but a mutilated slave.

Head hunting is just mass-murder in some ways but just ritualistic when eliminating your enemies.

I do want to impose my will on others who do things like FGM, though. smile As a person who believes in libertarian freedom, it's a direct violation. People who are abused in any way violate this code of ethics.

Alas, it is Lockean Rights in which I believe. It's our job to ensure everyone gets certain inalienable rights to pursue life, liberty, and happiness, on their own terms.

The Spectre+
if you remember the original topic was "has it gone too far"?. I could have just left it so. But i decided to give alternatives from just "....gone too far"?. Maybe some really dont think its gone to the extreme, but want to shed light on some details or factors. I could prob'ly have increased the options.
Or would another thread on "why feminism should continue" (something along that line) would be more appropriate. - at least to you.

samhain
It's just that normally there's a spectrum involved with this type of voting system which isn't really apparent in this one. Normally it would go like this;

A. Strongly disagree.
B. Somewhat disagree.
C. Neither agree nor disagree.
D. Somewhat agree.
E. Strongly agree.

You asked if feminism has gone too far? Yet offered no options for a person to say no, not that I would have voted no, for what it's worth.

Putinbot1
I view it as worse than Slavery because the woman is already being treated like a slave, at that point...but a mutilated slave.

Head hunting is just mass-murder in some ways but just ritualistic when eliminating your enemies.

I do want to impose my will on others who do things like FGM, though. smile As a person who believes in libertarian freedom, it's a direct violation. People who are abused in any way violate this code of ethics.

Alas, it is Lockean Rights in which I believe. It's our job to ensure everyone gets certain inalienable rights to pursue life, liberty, and happiness, on their own terms. I believe in the Prime Directive and I always will.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Raptor22
The only group i would hold accountable for the actions of its individuals are creepy Gingers. With their pale, soft skin and sweaty hands. I dont trust a single one of them and im certain those mutants are up to no good.

I like a hot ginger.

Bashar Teg
It's just that normally there's a spectrum involved with this type of voting system which isn't really apparent in this one. Normally it would go like this;

A. Strongly disagree.
B. Somewhat disagree.
C. Neither agree nor disagree.
D. Somewhat agree.
E. Strongly agree.

You asked if feminism has gone too far? Yet offered no options for a person to say no, not that I would have voted no, for what it's worth.

I'm sure OP already knows that he's a phaggot

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I like a hot ginger.

My wife likes that Jamie Fraser character from Outlander.

Adam_PoE
My wife likes that Jamie Fraser character from Outlander.

I am not familiar, but I do like a Prince Harry or a young Don Most.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I'm sure OP already knows that he's a phaggot

Is Bashy now a confirmed Phagg-a-phobic now!?

Robtard
I am not familiar, but I do like a Prince Harry or a young Don Most.

This guy:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0d/Jamie_Fraser_%28Outlander_TV%29.jpg/220px-Jamie_Fraser_%28Outlander_TV%29.jpg

Seems his real name is Sam Heughan

Adam_PoE
This guy:

Seems his real name is Sam Heughan

https://attitude.co.uk/media/images/2015/10/tumblr_nnej2sTmkP1rjn473o2_500_hiU3Agc.gif

I see the appeal.

Flyattractor
Wonder if the water is really that cold or He only needs one hand....

Putinbot1
My wife likes that Jamie Fraser character from Outlander. I like a young nicole kidman, as ginger as it gets.

Robtard
I like a young nicole kidman, as ginger as it gets.

Been a fan of her since Dead Calm (1989)

Putinbot1
Been a fan of her since Dead Calm (1989) got a hard on in BMX bandits. I think she's my age so that was fine.

Mindship
Gingers?

Christina Hendricks has my vote.

Putinbot1
Gingers?

Christina Hendricks has my vote. also fine. Is amber herd a natural ginger? If so, gorgeous.

Robtard
got a hard on in BMX bandits. I think she's my age so that was fine. Lolz, that film. Vaguely recall watching it as a kid. She's born in 67'.

But I hear ya, I grew up having a thing for Alyssa Milano and Drew Barrymore.

Robtard
Gingers?

Christina Hendricks has my vote.

Absolutely

Putinbot1
Lolz, that film. Vaguely recall watching it as a kid. She's born in 67'.

But I hear ya, I grew up having a thing for Alyssa Milano and Drew Barrymore. Yeah she and I are peers.

Raptor22
I like a hot ginger. I enjoy a fine red head as well.

I just watched the south park episode about gingers and having a bit of fun. i dont actually have anything against them.

Surtur
I always think of that ep when I hear the word ginger.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Raptor22
I enjoy a fine red head as well.

I just watched the south park episode about gingers and having a bit of fun. i dont actually have anything against them.

I encourage people to hate on gingers. More hot redheaded dudes for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.