Nightwing, Karate Kid vs Iron Fist, Daredevil.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Current versions of all, who wins?

Jmanghan
Going with the team that had a dude that was injuring Kryptonians.

cdtm
On the other hand, Val's always had a weakness to energy, like electricity. As in, if he can't dodge it, he isn't tanking it.

If Danny wraps his body in chi, Val could take himself out hitting him (Could only happen if Val fools around, or focuses on someone else first.. which, honestly, wouldn't take long enough, if serious.)

Senor Cage
Val was hit by the Speed Force, I believe, so...

MrMind
current karate kid? haven't seen kk in like more than 10 years now, where has he appeared in?

cdtm
He wasn't hit by speed force lightning in the Lightning Saga. He ducked it.

There's no dodging if someones wrapped in it, and you try hitting them.

Senor Cage
I took it that he was joking, since we see him get hit. If he did dodge it, then that's a major speed feat for Val.

cdtm
He wasn't joking. Val has greater speed feats.

leonidas
not all versions of kk can hurt superman....such a myth. some versions can barely beat batman. the version we use determines how close this is.

cdtm
All versions have feats well beyond Batman.

Putinbot1
I actually think if you give Nightwing his gear he can beat Daredevil or Iron Fist...

Controversial - backs out of threat and laughs madly!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
not all versions of kk can hurt superman....such a myth. some versions can barely beat batman. the version we use determines how close this is.

Not sure why barely beating Batman means you can't hurt Superman ....

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Considering Batmans history, absolutely. Batkick?

Deadline

Weren't there circumstances to that? Like didn't one of them have a disease?

cdtm
Ligntning Saga, he was brainwashed. He also merked Batman despite that.

Threeboot is the one struggling against him in zero g combat. And he has a history that includes dodging Daxamite speed, and clearing a literal mountain of ice and snow burying a building with a aingle punch.

Meaning, he was literally love tapping Batman in that fight, or he'd have turned him into red mist.

Deadline
Originally posted by cdtm
Ligntning Saga, he was brainwashed. He also merked Batman despite that.

Threeboot is the one struggling against him in zero g combat. And he has a history that includes dodging Daxamite speed, and clearing a literal mountain of ice and snow burying a building with a aingle punch.

Meaning, he was literally love tapping Batman in that fight, or he'd have turned him into red mist.

Yea just what I was thinking. There was only one version of KK that had problems with Batman that was in the levitation ring fight. We could even call it PIS since it's only one example.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Deadline
Yea just what I was thinking. There was only one version of KK that had problems with Batman that was in the levitation ring fight. We could even call it PIS since it's only one example. this actually clarified in action comics 864 that batman battled karate kid(in brave and bold)is actually a parallel version of karate kid from a parallel universe
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/dCsxbinaH2g8ATqgycZd- mpic1EFfNCWRHEsJuGBrIKj27KyQgMaKDYlzreHXDXKe0mRMck
yt-db=s0
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/oBM4CZ8llK9mmVy_m- T20iYSIlp_IF8g5rgIcSGUJWwhz6XYWOi8HrASiBDacJbczKn9
HFTvDD5i=s0
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ fFtU3D4h3Lm6FZbt6FdmxT2VPAy8WQOwXFSzHXxLC2sBDPi7cL
fr3Du_m2cPRjkdUHwlKr0GJZqM=s0

Deadline
link doesn't work.

cdtm
Yeah, can't read them.

But I'm guessing it references the fact there were three Legion groups at the time, with Threeboot Val being part of the Legion Lost group (I think. Hard to keep tract of which Legion is what.)

That doesn't make the Val Batman fought some "alternate" Threeboot Val. It's the exact same one, they just tried explaining the fact multiple groups were co-existing, thanks to all the reboots being turned into a storyline.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Deadline
link doesn't work.
https://imgur.com/tyj4wf6
https://imgur.com/IFXhG8Z
https://imgur.com/uYxLdS0

cdtm
Yeah, that confirms it.

Legions getting rebooted constantly, and this is just playing at the mainstream characters finally noticing that.

qwertyuiop1998
Yeah, can't read them.

But I'm guessing it references the fact there were three Legion groups at the time, with Threeboot Val being part of the Legion Lost group (I think. Hard to keep tract of which Legion is what.)

That doesn't make the Val Batman fought some "alternate" Threeboot Val. It's the exact same one, they just tried explaining the fact multiple groups were co-existing, thanks to all the reboots being turned into a storyline. yeah,but in my understanding i don't think this karate kid is same as countdown karate kid,who had been easily almost wreckaged batman even he have disease constantly weaken him.

qwertyuiop1998
Yeah, that confirms it.

Legions getting rebooted constantly, and this is just playing at the mainstream characters finally noticing that. but according john's explanations,that should be a parallel version of karate kid separate from batman foreward encounter in countdown.so my understanding is batman could battle a comparison weaker version of karate kid

lawest9
INTERESTING.

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

really.

ok, so i've read some legion though am no expert. i wonder how many have actually READ legion. this is directed at those who have and actually know the character--who has val defeated that is so impressive? i've seen plenty of generic fights, some he is challenged, others not. he has some cool high feats but different versions have different feats. i see loads of stomps for kk and as usual no feats on display. it's basically the same thing that gets parroted across forums any time his name is brought up. you want me to agree kk stomps these guys, then show me something. kk fights kryptonians. so? bats fights wonder woman. beats grundy. fights amazo. deathstroke beats flash. i could go on and on. show me some stuff about kk that truly sets him apart from the highest ma guys in either universe and i will happily concede. i'm not talking about one-off high feats. show him beating people of worth and tell me what version it is. otherwise the kk hype is simply that.

cdtm
He could have no wins at all, and he'd still stomp streets, because of the fact when he's trading blows with Zoom, it ain't PIS.

Not when his iniitiation from day one was having zero powers, yet being so fast Pre Crisis Superboy was amazed at his speed.

Same deal with the least impressive version of Val, Thesboot, who Batman drew against. He held his own against Ultra Speed, and punched away a hill of ice and snow.

He doesn't really need to beat Superman, to say Dardevil isn't touching him. Legitimately holding his own, on his level, is more then good enough.

That's not to say he doesn't have impressive wins.. He absolutely does. Val outright defeated Pre Crisis Superboy and a Legion contingent in his series, for example. He beat most of the Fatal Five, including KO'ing Persuader, who's a pretty tough brick in his own right.

More recently, he chopped off the arm of that cyborg guy Superman struggled with, and broke his knee caps. Equus, I think.

cdtm
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
yeah,but in my understanding i don't think this karate kid is same as countdown karate kid,who had been easily almost wreckaged batman even he have disease constantly weaken him.

Countdown and Threeboot are two different Val's, yes. They're both Karate Kid, from different reboots of the franchise.

Johns had the idea of retconning the reboots, as the multiple incarnations co-existing, is all. If Pre Crisis DC was revealed as a separate Earth, and Post Crisis DC was a different universe, New52 was another universe, and all three DC's had an adventure together, it would be the same concept

But the feats from each individual reboot should still apply.

leonidas
we could always play a game. you or someone post a scan of kk doing something (pre crisis nonsense not included) and i'll take the field and we'll go scan for scan. show kk doing something, and i'll show anyone from iron fist or down doing the something similar. if i can't find something, i'll concede. it could be fights or feats i guess, but we're talking about skill here mostly so feats of skill would be better for the purposes of the thread but whatever. anyone game?

cdtm
Depends. Are we counting everything? Even stuff like Batman kicking Cap into a mountain, or fighting Zoom? Or, say, Black Panther arm barring Surfer?

I have no doubt comparable "looking" feats exist, in a vaccume. There's a whole lot of narrative and context for why in one case, it makes sense, and another it doesn't though.

I'm game either way. A few of his feats, I'd like to see if any street has comparable.

DarkSaint85
You also need to balance it with their popularity.

Batman appears in like 10,000 comics a week, like Wolverine etc. He'll always have a feat for something.

And the more they appear, the more they interact with their universe, the more feats they get in terms of number.

KK, I mean his total showings are probably Batman's in a year....

leonidas

abhilegend
really.

ok, so i've read some legion though am no expert. i wonder how many have actually READ legion. this is directed at those who have and actually know the character--who has val defeated that is so impressive? i've seen plenty of generic fights, some he is challenged, others not. he has some cool high feats but different versions have different feats. i see loads of stomps for kk and as usual no feats on display. it's basically the same thing that gets parroted across forums any time his name is brought up. you want me to agree kk stomps these guys, then show me something. kk fights kryptonians. so? bats fights wonder woman. beats grundy. fights amazo. deathstroke beats flash. i could go on and on. show me some stuff about kk that truly sets him apart from the highest ma guys in either universe and i will happily concede. i'm not talking about one-off high feats. show him beating people of worth and tell me what version it is. otherwise the kk hype is simply that.
Val has single-handedly almost defeated Fatal Five.

Imagine that.

cdtm
Tharok, Mano, Emerald Emperess, and Persuader, I think. Forget what happened with Validus.

qwertyuiop1998
talk about karate kid's skills....generally he is master worlds(not only earth) martial arts,like mentioned in DC encyclopedia.and i remember in dc comics ultimate character guide mentioned karate kid master all form of martial arts through out the universe

leonidas

qwertyuiop1998
well,here is karate kid master earth and most other worlds martial arts scan,and ultimate character guide scan i'm lost,so i'm not 100 percent sure,but i'm certainly sure is similar description.
https://imgur.com/dugNok2

cdtm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.