Nod to Raptor and Snowdragon, role models then and now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I know Rob and I have discussed this before, both Raptor and Snowdragon have good points, For a change I'm on the fence. I honestly see both posters point. Let's debate this like adults.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I know Rob and I have discussed this before, both Raptor and Snowdragon have good points, For a change I'm on the fence. I honestly see both posters point. Let's debate this like adults.

Just to be very generic we have the internet which gives huge opportunities to reach out to people globally.

If I were going to recommend a platform for ideas and role models I would probably point to Ted Talks. Not because they are fantastic but they offer a lot of views on many topics that even my 6th-grade kid can follow which gives him an opportunity to pursue speakers fields of study.

To help put that into perspective here is a fantastic website that helps keep track of "Human Progress."

Human Progress Website

Something else to keep in mind is that many universities make lectures available online so there are experts out there in hard sciences sharing their informationsmile

MythLord
Definitely better role models today. You have a lot of bad role models as well, sure. But I don't think it's enough of off-set just how many activists there are today, how much our knowledge in art and science has progressed and just how open communcation is in our age.

Jmanghan
To be a role model:

- Be kind or firm as whatever situation demands.

- Be responsible.

- Don't be a dick to people around you.

- Try to be calm.

I'm not the best role model. Raptor22 is pretty cool tho. Dunno much about snowdragon.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by MythLord
You have a lot of bad role models as well, sure. But I don't think it's enough of off-set just how many activists there are today
Ummmm... I don't think talking about how many people are activists is helping the first part of your statement.

BrolyBlack
Shut up neckbeard laughing out loud

MythLord
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ummmm... I don't think talking about how many people are activists is helping the first part of your statement.
I meant activists for positive ideas, DMB.

Silent Master
Originally posted by MythLord
I meant activists for positive ideas, DMB.

Any examples?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.