This Venezuela business

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
What do you think of it? We back an unelected, self declared ruler.

Strictly speaking, are we not inferfering in their right of self determination?

Robtard
The Venezuelan military is backing the elected president Maduro (at least right now), which means Trump's poking at a crate of old wet dynamite like the fool he is. There's going to be massive bloodshed in Venezuela because of this, imo.

BrolyBlack
Trump is such a fool, he beat Hillary Clinton, what does that make her?

SquallX

Robtard

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

If (when?) a civil war breaks out in Venezuela and masses of innocent Venezuelans who just want to live their lives get killed in the crossfire, comfort yourself with that "at least Trump beat Hillary", buddy.

Surtur
My question is: how do people who claim Trump is Putins b*tch explain this? Russia has sided with Maduro in this case.

12D chess by Putin, maybe?

Surtur
So nobody can explain why someone controlled by Putin would not side with Maduro here? Okie dokie. If anyone figures it out just post it here.

Eternal Idol
There we go again, ****ing with other countries' politics and government structure for own benefit, until it inevitably backfires and we're left dealing with the blowback with stupid looks on our faces of feigned innocence and shock.

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
There we go again, ****ing with other countries' politics and government structure for own benefit, until it inevitably backfires and we're left dealing with the blowback with stupid looks on our faces of feigned innocence and shock.

Won't it be funny when we then turn around and cry about Russian interference some more? Lol.

Btw any opinion on why Putin's "puppet" is dealing with Venezuela the way he is?

Putinbot1
I don't know enough about what's going on here to comment. Elections in Africa have my attention at the moment and Brexit.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I don't know enough about what's going on here to comment. Elections in Africa have my attention at the moment and Brexit.

Short version: another guy declared himself the true leader of Venezuela and not Maduro and Trump is supporting him.

This has pissed off the Russians and they have specifically come out in favor of Maduro. So I'm struggling as to why Putin had his "puppet" do something that would piss Russia off so much? 1200D chess maybe.

Btw it's good you don't deal in conspiracies, cuz so far any explanation I've been given has been a conspiracy(not from anyone on this board). My favorite is that Trump is doing this in order to push Venezuela even more into the loving arms of Russia. Made me chuckle.

Putinbot1

riv6672

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Surtur
Won't it be funny when we then turn around and cry about Russian interference some more? Lol.

Btw any opinion on why Putin's "puppet" is dealing with Venezuela the way he is?
No, it won't be funny, but if Putin does have any influence over Trump, then it's either not as much as is being suggested, or Trump acted without considering how much it would piss him off. It may have been the call of high-ranking military/intelligence officers who convinced Trump to sign off on it.

Not sure what Trump's interest in Venezuela could be. I could speculate that he saw an opportunity to try his hand in the old game of imperialism and prop up a malleable new leader in exchange for natural resources, or that this is a reactionary unzipping of the raging hard-on conservatives have had about Venezuela for years now.

I have nothing to base it on other than a hunch, but I did find this article and found it interesting, as it suggests US military intervention in Venezuela has been on the horizon for months now:

The Next 90 Days Could Determine the Future of Venezuela and South America

SquallX
I know that, but we need to start making in effort of keeping our noses in other Countries problem.

Putinbot1
Projecting Influence at every level around the globe is the only way empire works.

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
No, it won't be funny, but if Putin does have any influence over Trump, then it's either not as much as is being suggested, or Trump acted without considering how much it would piss him off. It may have been the call of high-ranking military/intelligence officers who convinced Trump to sign off on it.

Not sure what Trump's interest in Venezuela could be. I could speculate that he saw an opportunity to try his hand in the old game of imperialism and prop up a malleable new leader in exchange for natural resources, or that this is a reactionary unzipping of the raging hard-on conservatives have had about Venezuela for years now.

I have nothing to base it on other than a hunch, but I did find this article and found it interesting, as it suggests US military intervention in Venezuela has been on the horizon for months now:

The Next 90 Days Could Determine the Future of Venezuela and South America

It just seems to me that it's less Putin has any real influence over him and more just...sometimes Trump does shit that benefits Putin and sometimes he doesn't I'm not sure if he even considers Putin when he does these things. I think he stumbles into his successes and failures at times.

As for military intervention? I wouldn't be shocked. It's what Eisenhower called the Military Industrial Complex. We're always looking for a reason to make war one way or the other.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Surtur
It just seems to me that it's less Putin has any real influence over him and more just...sometimes Trump does shit that benefits Putin and sometimes he doesn't I'm not sure if he even considers Putin when he does these things. I think he stumbles into his successes and failures at times.

As for military intervention? I wouldn't be shocked. It's what Eisenhower called the Military Industrial Complex. We're always looking for a reason to make war one way or the other.
Definitely a lot of that going on.

Surtur
Okay so Germany, France, Spain, and the UK have given Maduro 8 days(well 7 now) to set a date for a new election or they back his opponent.

Maduro is calling this a US coup.

Surtur
Russia slams U.S. sanctions on Venezuela and vows to back Maduro

Clearly Putin is playing 1 Trillion D chess by having his "puppet" behave this way.

Robtard
Trump got the memo late it seems, better due what he's told.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Trump got the memo late it seems, better due what he's told.

Lol@ the coping.

Putinbot1
Trump got the memo late it seems, better due what he's told. laughing Brilliant line thumb up God and Putin work in mysterious ways!

Robtard
"He denied it very strongly!" -Trump

Well, I guess that means someone can't be lying in Trumperland.

Putinbot1
"He denied it very strongly!" -Trump

Well, I guess that means someone can't be lying in Trumperland. haha laughing Putin said he didn't do it!

Surtur
Gotta love the coping. Good stuff.

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
haha laughing Putin said he didn't do it!

Going to start insisting "very strongly" on stuff. That should be the end of it for these people.

Surtur
smile

Putinbot1
Going to start insisting "very strongly" on stuff. That should be the end of it for these people. laughing

Surtur
There is now a coup going on

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/30/americas/venezuela-juan-guaido-leopoldo-lopez-intl/index.html

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

laughing laughing laughing laughing

It makes her a sorry sore ass loser who continues to blame everyone but herself for losing. Oh, and she's a legit criminal (unlike Trump) too, of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.