Smaug vs Vermithrax Pejorative

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

BrolyBlack
Who the second?

cdtm
The greatest movie dragon of all time, from the movie Dragonslayer.

Bashar Teg
VP appeared to be much smaller than smaug, so i think she'd lose just on size. then again smaug was surrounded by only hobbits so maybe he just appeared larger. since they're both wyverns I see no unique advantages for either.

NemeBro
Vermithrax is much smaller than Smaug, but she is far stronger, able to cause quakes that crumble boulders with the shockwave of her movement from IIRC miles away.

Bashar Teg
take-it-or-leave-it interwebz evidence

"Vermithrax is 40 feet long, with a wingspan of 90 feet"
https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Vermithrax_Pejorative#cite_note-ronan-1

"So, from these extrapolated measurements, Smaug is more than 60 metres long , and has a wingspan well in excess of 50 metres !"
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/05/11/71530-analysis-just-how-big-is-jacksons-smaug/3/

by these numbers, or anything remotely close to these numbers, vermithax gets crushed easily

KingD19
But Neme pointes out how Vermithrax is simply more powerful than Smaug.

Bashar Teg
I don't see how this makes her more powerful than smaug other than someone here said it and you agreed, but okay

KingD19
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I don't see how this makes her more powerful than smaug other than someone here said it and you agreed, but okay

Have you watched the movie or a clip that disproves she is stronger?

I've seen Dragonslayer and remember the scenes. So thats why i agree. If You find something that proves Smaug is stronger though feel free to post it aince his movements didn't even seem to rumble the Misty Mountain despite him raging around in there trying to kill the Dwarves.

Bashar Teg
Giving vermithrax credit for being the sole creator of seismic activity in that mountain is quite a leap. Please explain your proof.

KingD19
I'm not the one who made the claim. Neme is, and I just agreed with him. So if you want him to show proof then it would be him.

But he doesn't have to prove anything. You'd have to prove that it was other factors since the movie makes it clear its Vermithax that made the effects happen.

Bashar Teg
neme said "iirc", so i guess the only one asserting things and getting obviously and unnecessarily bent out of shape over the topic is you.

KingD19
I'm not bent out of shape at all. I merely pointed out that the size difference wasn't that important when the smaller of the two was shown to be much stronger. You're the one who started up with me brah.

Bashar Teg
the smaller was not "shown to be" much stronger, regardless of how you feel about who stated the opinion and about who disagreed.

vermithrax was definitely triggering seismic activity, but the suggestion that she was the source of all that energy is not only lacking in evidence, but beyond ludicrous unless some powerful magic is involved.

Bashar Teg
that's not a discrediting of magic btw. dragons and magic are pretty much married in folklore, so any canon evidence that vermithrax's magic was the energy source that created the earthquakes would easily win this thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.