Broly vs Beerus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
It had to be done.

https://areajugones.sport.es/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2018-11-08-00_14_50-Greenshot-810x400.jpg

vs

https://media3.giphy.com/media/LqofTfpCiY5ry/giphy.gif

Broly starts off in his legendary transformation and goes on from there.

How goes it?

NewGuy01
Goku seems to think that Broly might be stronger, but we've heard that before. Until we see something more concrete, I'm inclined to believe that Beerus is still on top.

Inedian
Beerus

Galan007
I'd go with Broly, tbh.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Goku seems to think that Broly might be stronger, but we've heard that before. Until we see something more concrete, I'm inclined to believe that Beerus is still on top.

Who have you seen Beerus fight on Vegeto level that makes you think that?

NewGuy01
It will be my default position until he actually loses a battle or admits inferiority. It seems to be the winning bet, considering you lot have said every new villain since RoF was going to be the one that's surpassed Beerus, and been wrong every time.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up Is clear at this point that Beerus will continue to be used as a measuring stick for the next antagonist and the next (thus being relevant in power) until the story has no more use for him.

Damborgson
I think DBS has done a great job as keeping him relevant thankfully.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It will be my default position until he actually loses a battle or admits inferiority. It seems to be the winning bet, considering you lot have said every new villain since RoF was going to be the one that's surpassed Beerus, and been wrong every time.

Him never having to fight and SSG Goku being somewhat on same level even if he was only at 70% means a lot. Gokus overall power has gone up much more than 30% since that fight.

ares834
Originally posted by Damborgson
I think DBS has done a great job as keeping him relevant thankfully.

"Great job"? Nah. I'm glad Beerus is still relevant but damn every arc has him being retconned to be more powerful then he was before.

Galan007
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Him never having to fight and SSG Goku being somewhat on same level even if he was only at 70% means a lot. Gokus overall power has gone up much more than 30% since that fight. Beerus supposedly using 70% of his power to defeat n00b-SSG Goku has been massively retconned...
Originally posted by Galan007
Toriyama clearly has Beerus on a sliding scale where power is concerned. The stronger Goku and Vegeta are written, the stronger Beerus seems to become as a corollary. In BoG it supposedly takes 70% of Beerus' power to defeat n00b-SSG Goku. Fast-forward to RoF and Whis implies that it would take both n00b-SSB Goku AND n00b-SSB Vegeta working together to defeat Beerus. Fast-forward to just after the Zamasu arc(set AFTER Goku/Vegeta had trained in the RoSaT for a few days/years AND received multiple zenkais from all the battles they'd been involved in since RoF), and Beerus can casually one-arm ragdoll FPSSB Vegeta after becoming slightly annoyed. Fast-forward to the Zen Exhibition Match, and Goku is absolutely awestruck by the power/skill Beerus is displaying against the other GoDs, and flat-out states he couldn't possibly hope to compete with him. Fast-forward to the Broly film, and the director implies that Beerus is still above even MUI Goku, and Goku STILL uses Beerus' power as a measuring stick for Broly's power, despite all of the hyper-powerful warriors he'd encountered at the ToP(inc. FP Jiren.)

And tbh, all of this aligns with the statement Toriyama made when he was promoting DBS a while back: "Well... First off, right now I don't have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis."

srug

bbrem123
How come Vegeta could overpower Toppo's descruction energy yet Merged Zemasu could not overpower Goku's in the manga? Different type of attack? Caught him off guard maybe?

NewGuy01
The mechanics seem to be different.

cdtm
Originally posted by bbrem123
How come Vegeta could overpower Toppo's descruction energy yet Merged Zemasu could not overpower Goku's in the manga? Different type of attack? Caught him off guard maybe?

Filler.

And killing isn't allowed, he was probably holding back.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
thumb up Is clear at this point that Beerus will continue to be used as a measuring stick for the next antagonist and the next (thus being relevant in power) until the story has no more use for him.

It's nice having a god who isn't pathetic.

The Apex of universes. Zeno should never, ever get involved in the day to day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.