Scientists believe they found a cure for cancer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
So how long do they have to live?

Surtur
It's nice if true, but they should have waited until they are truly sure.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
So how long do they have to live?

Read the whole article.

From what I can understand, they are using a convergent technology which combines multiple cancer-targeting agents into a one "sniper" solution. For common types of cancers, this solution, which will still be multifaceted, will be generic. For cancers which have more specific bla bla bla

Okay, I'm done trying to summarize.

It does not seem ground breaking. It seems more like posturing for investment opportunities for another one of thousands of "cancer cure" that have popped up over the years.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
Read the whole article.

From what I can understand, they are using a convergent technology which combines multiple cancer-targeting agents into a one "sniper" solution. For common types of cancers, this solution, which will still be multifaceted, will be generic. For cancers which have more specific bla bla bla

Okay, I'm done trying to summarize.

It does not seem ground breaking. It seems more like posturing for investment opportunities for another one of thousands of "cancer cure" that have popped up over the years.

thumb up More or less.

Putinbot1
Not read the article but back when I was in path, the big problem with cancer is it becomes like a garden of different varieties due to mutation. In simplest terms cancer a mutates to b. The a mutates another way to b2, all the while b transforms to c in some cells, whilst some stay as b others become c1 etc. Add infinitum. It's easier to look at cancer as a garden of mutation often.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.