SJW videos, are they a gateway drug to becoming an alt-right nutjob?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Read this on Reddit:

They're not, but YouTube seems to be incentivizing generally "anti-SJW" videos which are obviously not alt-right but they are the main pathway (through suggested videos) that leads to alt-right videos.

Go to the comments of alt-right videos and check the liked videos of commentators; h3h3 shows up a lot.

It's like how marijuana isn't too bad, but almost everyone who takes meth started drugs with marijuana. YouTube is acting like a drug dealer who is promoting marijuana and some of these people end up on meth.

It really resonates with what I see here on Kmc with the rightists.

Silent Master
Why are you listening to Reddit edgelords?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why are you listening to Reddit edgelords? Calling people out who notice the links at the bottom of videos as being edgelords... Alt-rightists lol.

Silent Master
That's exactly what someone that listens to edgelords would say.

Putinbot1
That's exactly what someone that listens to edgelords would say. Nah, it what looking at links does.

Silent Master
You mean you didn't get this from Reddit like you claimed in the OP?

Putinbot1
You mean you didn't get this from Reddit like you claimed in the OP? No, I looked at the links on a video after reading the post. Obvious is obvious.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Read this on Reddit:

Putinbot1
No, I looked at the links on a video after reading the post. Obvious is obvious.

cdtm
Certainly, social media could "turn" someone. Some of the YouTube personalities I've listened to could easily have turned me down that rabbit hole, had I not stopped and thought "Wait a minute... "We are winning. Take it from a Jew." He's talking like a crazy person.

On the other hand. I also think events like Tom Brokaw's censoring from the left can frustrate some viewers into looking for outlets to express what they're feeling. He essentially said things that were permissible in his era, like "Learn to assimilate, learn English", and got called a racist for it.

A discussion on "why" he is offensive is one thing, but this smelled more like a "Prove you're not a witch, by stoning the witch", and viewers aren't so dull they can't sense this.

Surtur
Read this on Reddit:

https://media.tenor.com/images/17e91cf2991314dd78eecec4668476a0/tenor.gif

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
Certainly, social media could "turn" someone. Some of the YouTube personalities I've listened to could easily have turned me down that rabbit hole, had I not stopped and thought "Wait a minute... "We are winning. Take it from a Jew." He's talking like a crazy person.

On the other hand. I also think events like Tom Brokaw's censoring from the left can frustrate some viewers into looking for outlets to express what they're feeling. He essentially said things that were permissible in his era, like "Learn to assimilate, learn English", and got called a racist for it.

A discussion on "why" he is offensive is one thing, but this smelled more like a "Prove you're not a witch, by stoning the witch", and viewers aren't so dull they can't sense this. A lot of good points. I don't think we should censor, just educate properly.

Surtur
Indeed we do need to educate properly. People need to know that you can't identify a witch by throwing stones at her.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Indeed we do need to educate properly. People need to know that you can't identify a witch by throwing stones at her. you believe in witches? Damn... You do need education.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.