MCU Luke Cage vs. Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Norman Osborn from the 1st Spiderman film

Same circumstances as the fight in the burning building

H2H only

riv6672
Same as the comics version outcome:

http://doyouevencomicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Luke-Cage-punching-Green-Goblin-in-the-face.png

NemeBro
Green Goblin would beat him to death.

riv6672
hahahaha

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Green Goblin would beat him to death. Yeah, Cage is more Cap level. People like GG or Spidey would rock the holy hell out of him.

h1a8
CAge is significantly above Cap level. Cap can't casually bend a steel gun like its nothing. Cap is not bulletproof nor has a healing factor.

This a good fight. Cage has the durability and Goblin might have a slight strength advantage.

K-Dog

K-Dog
Suit amplified Goblins strength, Spider-Man damages the suit which Made it in even fight, or probably even in favor of Spiderman at that point.

John Murdoch
Goblin held that cable car full of people casually and always got the better of Tobey Spider-Man except at the very end of the movie when Tobey turned action hero rage mode on and then Goblin killed himself.

Jessica Jones caught the elevator by its cable on a moment's notice in Defenders, which is one of the most impressive strength feats thus far in the Netflix MCU, and Luke has a myriad of feats that are comparable to Jessica's. He fought a bullet-timing, vault-door busting monster in Bushmaster. Plus, he has showing after showing of durability feats.

It's funny though: I remember the Matrix-esque Goblin glaive dodge and the old lady scream and the Raimi shot transition of Goblin screaming, "NO ONE SAYS NO TO ME!", but I can't remember much of the fight.

Could Luke just grab 5-foot-7 Willem Dafoe and Zangief him to death?

If it's an all-out brawl, Goblin. But this is super CQC with H2H only. Luke has a chance IMO.

steverules_2
How exactly does someone "injure" a suit? You can damage a suit

It's H2H, so I give this to Cage

KingD19
Spidey is much stronger and more durable than Cage and it took everything he had plus Goblin killing himself to win. Goblin should win. It'll be a goos fight though.

Also the suit didn't enhance his strength. It was so he could control the glider.

steverules_2
Originally posted by KingD19
Spidey is much stronger and more durable than Cage and it took everything he had plus Goblin killing himself to win. Goblin should win. It'll be a goos fight though.

Also the suit didn't enhance his strength. It was so he could control the glider.

Stronger yes, but more durable? No, spider-man isn't bullet proof or rocket launcher proof, Cage is

KingD19
Originally posted by steverules_2
Stronger yes, but more durable? No, spider-man isn't bullet proof or rocket launcher proof, Cage is

So because Cage is bulletproof and rocket proof he's more durable than Wonder Woman? He's specifically tougher against certain attacks but that doesn't make him more durable. Like I dont see Cage getting off as well as Spidey after Sandman fist bumping his face for a few minutes.

Inhuman
Originally posted by h1a8
CAge is significantly above Cap level.

He is above Cap but not significantly, based on what we seen on screen.

Originally posted by h1a8
Cap is not bulletproof nor has a healing factor.

Cap isnt bulletproof , but he does have enhanced healing.

Anyhow Green Goblin wins.

steverules_2
Well if WW got shot she'd be dead erm so against 'certain attacks' yes he is more durable, but I never said he was more durable than WW I said he was more durable than Spider-man

Surtur
Green Goblin should win quite easily.

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Green Goblin should win quite easily.

I disagree. You still have Cages bulletproof durability to overcome. Spider-Man wasn't bulletproof yet he was able take multiple blows from GG.

So Goblin May have the strength advantage but Cage has the durability.

And note: It takes a hell of a lot of force to bend the barrel of a steel gun. Cage did it casually. In other words, it's implied that he can exert multiple times more force.

IMO GG wins but it's not going to be easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.