How dangerous is Jordan Peterson?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Jordan Peterson, also known as the stupid persons smart person.

An interesting article on who he and his followers are and why his funny conspiracy theories are retarded.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/how-dangerous-is-jordan-b-peterson-the-rightwing-professor-who-hit-a-hornets-nest

jaden_2.0
I once saw him kill three men in a bar with a pencil.

WITH A F**KIN'...

PENCIL.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I once saw him kill three men in a bar with a pencil.

WITH A F**KIN'...

PENCIL. laughing

cdtm
From a skim, few details on exactly "how" he distorts. It mainly seems to assert that he's a well meaning true believer that's feeding others who want to do a lot of harm.

The article also clearly says where it's loyalties lie, by legitimizing expertise in "gender identity, post modernism, and canadian law". A layman is as likely to argue for these things, as against them. And restricting such topics to "experts only" effectively creates an intellectual monopoly that resists division (Would an expert undermine one's own position by arguing against themselves? Would, say, a Christian expert argue against Christianity? Maybe, if they became disillusioned after intensive study, but not likely..)

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
From a skim, few details on exactly "how" he distorts. It mainly seems to assert that he's a well meaning true believer that's feeding others who want to do a lot of harm.

The article also clearly says where it's loyalties lie, by legitimizing expertise in "gender identity, post modernism, and canadian law". A layman is as likely to argue for these things, as against them. And restricting such topics to "experts only" effectively creates an intellectual monopoly that resists division (Would an expert undermine one's own position by arguing against themselves? Would, say, a Christian expert argue against Christianity? Maybe, if they became disillusioned after intensive study, but not likely..) it also mocks his outdated use of discredited pseudo Science and failure to understand Canadian law.

Jim Jefferies owns him so badly on gender and race its painful to watch and Jefferies is the comedian most famous for the highest use of the c word.

Surtur
He's no more dangerous than morons too stupid to properly use terms like fascist, nazi, and alt right.

Putinbot1
I think the Jim Jefferies ownage is particularly telling the true tale.

MythLord
Not that dangerous, tbh.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
Not that dangerous, tbh.

Also while it is said a lot that he attracts a lot of alt right fans...if you believe what JP says, he's gotten many emails from people who said they moved away from the extreme right due to listening to him.

Emperordmb
Yeah it's always weird to me that the people who universally reject identity politics on principle repeatedly over and over again as kinda one of their main points get labeled alt-right when the anti-identity politics stance is literally antithetical to what the alt-right believes.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Putinbot1

Badabing
How dangerous is anything from Canada, really? Trudeau's fake eyebrows are the most dangerous thing from Canada.

Sorry, not trying to derail. It's the weekend and I leave politics for the week. Also, love the sig Whirly.

Stay Whirly rock

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Badabing
How dangerous is anything from Canada, really? Trudeau's fake eyebrows are the most dangerous thing from Canada.

Sorry, not trying to derail. It's the weekend and I leave politics for the week.
Stay Whirly rock Haha, much as we laugh about Canadians check out a guy called Dave Leduc, under Lethwei rules, the most violent stand up rules in the world, bare knuckle, knees, elbows and headbutts... I shit you not, this Canadian is King.

Thanks re the sig Bada, yours are always top notch too. smile

https://youtu.be/CExAc67Q-1E

Rage.Of.Olympus

Putinbot1
Come on, JP talks outside his area all the time.

Eternal Idol
I haven't put much stock into what I've heard him say, but I don't know enough about him or his ideas to call him dangerous.

Eon Blue

dadudemon

Putinbot1
He's a gateway to the right for ****tards tbh.

cdtm

cdtm
Meanwhile, down the rabbit hole:

WXYuqrO8LLo

Not what I was expecting from a video titled "Jordan Peterson Dismantled."

snowdragon
If I were to create a scale to better understand danger I'd say a rabbit is less then a 1, david duke is like 5 and jordan peterson is a 10, he's right up there with lucifer. Hurry and innoculate his ideas from the internets and youtubes.........with MOAR Vox and Buzzfeeds!

Nibedicus

cdtm

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Jordan Peterson, also known as the stupid persons smart person.

An interesting article on who he and his followers are and why his funny conspiracy theories are retarded.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/how-dangerous-is-jordan-b-peterson-the-rightwing-professor-who-hit-a-hornets-nest

Dangerous enough for you to make a post about him.

Surtur
Shep just "happened" to record that.

Have to give it to her, she's a genius. Surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

She had the good sense to record it, can you imagine if she didn't? Dipshit SJW's galore would call her a liar(even though we're supposed to believe the wamen).

I'm not saying she is dumb, but she isn't a genius...she just showed common sense given the era we live in.

It's like if I live in an area with a high amount of robberies...I'm not a genius by taking precautions and locking my house up when I go out.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
She had the good sense to record it, can you imagine if she didn't? Dipshit SJW's galore would call her a liar(even though we're supposed to believe the wamen) Haha so Incel.

cdtm
She had the good sense to record it, can you imagine if she didn't? Dipshit SJW's galore would call her a liar(even though we're supposed to believe the wamen).

I'm not saying she is dumb, but she isn't a genius...she just showed common sense given the era we live in.

It's like if I live in an area with a high amount of robberies...I'm not a genius by taking precautions and locking my house up when I go out.

More then good sense. This was a career making gambit. By the audio, it's obvious she was playing to an audience, and has aspirations of tapping into Jordan Peterson's schtick.

Surtur
More then good sense. This was a career making gambit. By the audio, it's obvious she was playing to an audience, and has aspirations of tapping into Jordan Peterson's schtick.

How is it obvious she is playing to the audience? She sounded like she was more or less dumbfounded at the direction the convo was heading in.

You're acting like she masterminded this when the reality is she just recorded two moronic SJW's who shouldn't have jobs in education in the first place.

Emperordmb
Yeah it's not like she was playing lectures by him, she was playing a clip from national TV

Robtard
What this thread really needs is another person to say how they're not subscribers to "identity politics", so here it is I guess.

*Steps off from imagined higher ground*

dadudemon
How is it obvious she is playing to the audience? She sounded like she was more or less dumbfounded at the direction the convo was heading in.

You're acting like she masterminded this when the reality is she just recorded two moronic SJW's who shouldn't have jobs in education in the first place.

Which clip is this that you guys are talking about?

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Which clip is this that you guys are talking about?

You know the girl who played a clip of Jordan for a class and then got b*tched at for like 40 minutes by some teachers/administrators..including them saying that playing the clip neutrally was akin to playing something by Hitler neutrally?

cdtm
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah it's not like she was playing lectures by him, she was playing a clip from national TV

"Am I supposed.to shield them from the world?"

In a voice distinct enough for tv. Even spices it up by breaking down in "tears".

And then goes on to create her own Youtube channel.

But it's the universities predictable response to provocative content that made this gambit possible.

Surtur
"Am I supposed.to shield them from the world?"

In a voice distinct enough for tv. Even spices it up by breaking down in "tears".

And then goes on to create her own Youtube channel.

But it's the universities predictable response to provocative content that made this gambit possible.

It's a valid question, *is* she supposed to shield students from the world?

Also just to be clear, are you saying you think she set this entire thing up?

Putinbot1
I love it when Jordan starts talking tough about fighting. You look at him and just know if you butted him he'd roll around on the floor bleeding and crying.

Silent Master
You have some violent impulses.

Surtur
I love it when Jordan starts talking tough about fighting. You look at him and just know if you butted him he'd roll around on the floor bleeding and crying.

Indeed, imagine trying to talk tough on the internet. Nobody who is truly tough needs to do so.

Robtard

I think he does that to support the persona that he's the traditional man's man type. He doesn't look physically formidable at all though.

cdtm
It's a valid question, *is* she supposed to shield students from the world?

Also just to be clear, are you saying you think she set this entire thing up?

Oh, absolutely. She knew exactly what would happen if the topic was "lgbtq" and "Jordan Peterson." Why else would she secretly record the thing.

The clincher is her current career as an alt-right personality. That's not an accident.

I won't go so far as to say the "complaints" were fake, but if her goal was Youtube stardom, it wouldn't surprise me.

Surtur
Oh, absolutely. She knew exactly what would happen if the topic was "lgbtq" and "Jordan Peterson." Why else would she secretly record the thing.

The clincher is her current career as an alt-right personality. That's not an accident.

I won't go so far as to say the "complaints" were fake, but if her goal was Youtube stardom, it wouldn't surprise me.

Wait, now she's alt right?

Putinbot1
Indeed, imagine trying to talk tough on the internet. Nobody who is truly tough needs to do so. I'd kick his teeth down his throat as easily as I'd kick yours down yours. It's not talking tough it's just how it is.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
I think he does that to support the persona that he's the traditional man's man type. He doesn't not look physically formidable at all though. He doesn't, he is frail a strong wind would knock him over.

Robtard

Wait, she subscribed to JP and then became an Alt-Right talking head? For real?

The plot thickens, or nature just running its course... dun dun dun

Putinbot1
Wait, she subscribed to JP and then became an Alt-Right talking head?

The plot thickens, or nature just running it's course... dun dun dun Peterson is what he the gateway to hate. Funny thing is, this free speech king likes to sue people for talking about him.

dadudemon
Indeed, imagine trying to talk tough on the internet. Nobody who is truly tough needs to do so.

I could beat you down, no doubt. estahuh

Your back is your weakness. uhuh

Because she got called in for a disciplinary hearing and she knew exactly why she did. So it stands to reason (I am reasonable and would do the same) she would record it.

It's possible that she was driven to be more conservative due to the libtarded shenanigans. They call this getting 'red-pilled' similar to taking the red pill from the movie The Matrix. It's possible that if you get harmed by the libtarded industrial complex, you'll balk at the system and abandon it.

NemeBro
I love it when Jordan starts talking tough about fighting. You look at him and just know if you butted him he'd roll around on the floor bleeding and crying. Honestly, I actually kind of feel you here on this one.

Maybe one of his fans can correct me on this, but isn't he the guy who said something to the effect of he can't respect any man who wouldn't be willing to fight him, or some cheesy macho shit like that? And that weak men can't be good men?

At first I looked at this guy and was like, all right, this dude isn't anything close to impressive physically-speaking, but hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's well into late middle age/early old age, maybe he used to be athletic in his youth or some shit, but then I saw a picture of him as a young man, and no shit, the dude looked like a slightly-less intimidating Jerry Seinfeld.

It's so jarring and honestly corny to hear a dude who I could have easily bodied when he was in the prime of his life talk like he's a big tough guy.

And just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with him not being a big tough guy, and don't think less of guys who are more physically delicate (in fact I generally prefer men like that sexually). But the tough guy act from this dude who is not and has never been a tough guy is cringe.

I'm not a Peterson expert though, so maybe my impression of this aspect of him is wrong?

cdtm
Wait, she subscribed to JP and then became an Alt-Right talking head? For real?

The plot thickens, or nature just running its course... dun dun dun

3HVNc1oKS0E&

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVsm76xoDs

dadudemon
Thanks, cdtm, for looking up those videos.

Surtur
I'm still wondering what makes her alt right?

cdtm
I'm still wondering what makes her alt right?

Qpg6P1PNWR8

cdtm
Thanks, cdtm, for looking up those videos.

I just wanted to hear the audio from the inquisition, and ended up finding all this stuff first.

Surtur
Qpg6P1PNWR8

Why does this make her alt right? Did you watch the video?

Surtur
I just wanted to hear the audio from the inquisition, and ended up finding all this stuff first.

What is your issue with the videos you linked?

cdtm
"Goodbye to the left."

"Peak fertility age."

No talking points detected.

Surt-Bot is the ED209 of npc's.

Surtur
"Goodbye to the left."

"Peak fertility age."

So you don't have any actual evidence and I'm guessing you didn't even watch the videos.

EDIT: Do you mistakenly believe JP is also alt right?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Honestly, I actually kind of feel you here on this one.

Maybe one of his fans can correct me on this, but isn't he the guy who said something to the effect of he can't respect any man who wouldn't be willing to fight him, or some cheesy macho shit like that? And that weak men can't be good men?

At first I looked at this guy and was like, all right, this dude isn't anything close to impressive physically-speaking, but hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's well into late middle age/early old age, maybe he used to be athletic in his youth or some shit, but then I saw a picture of him as a young man, and no shit, the dude looked like a slightly-less intimidating Jerry Seinfeld.

It's so jarring and honestly corny to hear a dude who I could have easily bodied when he was in the prime of his life talk like he's a big tough guy.

And just so we're clear, I don't have a problem with him not being a big tough guy, and don't think less of guys who are more physically delicate (in fact I generally prefer men like that sexually). But the tough guy act from this dude who is not and has never been a tough guy is cringe.

I'm not a Peterson expert though, so maybe my impression of this aspect of him is wrong? No you're not wrong, you are right. He said all that and seriously the thought of him trying to fight anyone just makes me laugh.

Putinbot1
"Goodbye to the left."

"Peak fertility age."

Surt-Bot is the ED209 of npc's. laughing would profile if anyone still profiled.

Surtur
I'd be curious as to the specific quote he made about fighting him.

Surtur
laughing would profile if anyone still profiled.

The problem is it's incorrect, she's not alt right.

In fact, "JP is alt right" is some NPC type of shit lol.

Putinbot1
I'd be curious as to the specific quote he made about fighting him. Google is your friend mate, he's actually made a fair few.

Putinbot1
The problem is it's incorrect, she's not alt right.

In fact, "JP is alt right" is some NPC type of shit lol. Calm down Surt, no one has triggered tonight, let's all stay chill. wink

Surtur
Google is your friend mate, he's actually made a fair few.

Yeah, found nothing.

Surtur
Calm down Surt, no one has triggered tonight, let's all stay chill. wink

Pointing out facts does not equate to being triggered lol.

The fact is nothing posted so far shows she is alt right. I'm genuinely curious for any actual examples.

snowdragon
"Goodbye to the left."

"Peak fertility age."

I'm not going to screen those videos to fact check your post regarding this mostly because I get the feeling you didn't even fact check yourself in regards to those videos.

What is the definition of alt-right? Is it fair to say the wiki definition is accurate or maybe the splc of it? If we go by those definitions then a lot of folks aren't using the term correctly on these forums.

Surtur
Okay I see JP said "weak men can't be virtuous". I don't think he was talking strictly about fighting prowess though.

Emperordmb
Okay I see JP said "weak men can't be virtuous". I don't think he was talking strictly about fighting prowess though.
thumb up

He was moreso talking about personal responsibility, courage, and having a backbone.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
I'm not going to screen those videos to fact check your post regarding this mostly because I get the feeling you didn't even fact check yourself in regards to those videos.

What is the definition of alt-right? Is it fair to say the wiki definition is accurate or maybe the splc of it? If we go by those definitions then a lot of folks aren't using the term correctly on these forums.

Yeah I didn't watch the transgender video, but I did watch the one about leaving the left cuz it's only like 6 minutes long.

She doesn't say anything about being alt right in it. She says she doesn't know if walking away from the left means she is a centrist or on the right.
She even talks about how she is not into white nationalism.

I watched only about 60 seconds of the fertility video and it seems like it's meant to be a discussion about society and the role of women and the expectations of when they have kids compared with science about fertility. Though I'm also not sure what talking points the alt right has about fertility.

Robtard

Surtur

snowdragon
If you want some serious JP lulz google his Rogan interview and sleep deprivation. He said he hadn't slept for 30 days (lulz death, would be like a huge lsd trip before he even hit a week) and his diet (which would also kill most people.)

Not to mention he looked like he was on a bad cocaine run (or whatever prescription meds would "speed" him up.)

Surtur
If you want some serious JP lulz google his Rogan interview and sleep deprivation. He said he hadn't slept for 30 days (lulz death, would be like a huge lsd trip before he even hit a week) and his diet (which would also kill most people.)

Not to mention he looked like he was on a bad cocaine run (or whatever prescription meds would "speed" him up.)

His quote is a far cry from him trying to act tough though, which is how it was first presented here by people discussing it.

snowdragon
His quote is a far cry from him trying to act tough though, which is how it was first presented here by people discussing it.

The fact that the conversation shifted from ideas to "I can beat you up" says it all when it comes to "debating" ideas.

Surtur
The fact that the conversation shifted from ideas to "I can beat you up" says it all when it comes to "debating" ideas.

It sounds like he's talking about standing up for yourself as opposed to trying to be tough.

cdtm

Did a week myself. Bad reaction to a "babies dose" of a perscription.

I lost about 20-30 lbs, could barely walk. Am lucky to be alive.

Robtard
It sounds like he's talking about standing up for yourself as opposed to trying to be tough.

It's both, hence his comment about not being able to deal with "crazy women" because you can't beat them up to solve your problems, like you can with a man. He certainly does push the tough-guy angle at least some.

Surtur
It's both, hence his comment about not being able to deal with "crazy women" because you can't beat them up to solve your problems, like you can with a man. He certainly does push the tough-guy angle at least some.

He's talking about how it's taboo to hit a woman even if she gets violent with you first. I don't think it's tough guy talk to say he wishes he could retaliate.

Robtard
That's a pretty good spin on what he said, kudos.

But he's clearly trying to pass himself as bit of a rough-n-tough badass, the intellectual who can also go street-level if need be. Hence his previous comment about not respecting men who wouldn't ever fight him and then adding the 'can't solve your problems the same way with women.'

Surtur
That's a pretty good spin on what he said, kudos.

But he's clearly trying to pass himself as bit of a rough-n-tough badass, the intellectual who can also go street-level if need be. Hence his previous comment about not respecting men who wouldn't ever fight him and then adding the 'can't solve your problems the same way with women.'

Right, opinion noted.

Silent Master
"Acting like a tough guy, what a loser. BTW, I'd totally kick his ass."

LOL!!

Emperordmb
The point is moreso that between two guys there's at least a subconscious acknowledgement of the possibility of things getting physical. So like say one of the guys completely flips out and starts getting within another guy's personal space, couple inches away from the face, screaming hysterically.

Well a guy is less likely to do that with another guy, because things could very conceivably get physical.

With a girl there might not be as much inhibition because even if a girl starts doing that to a guy, there's not as much of a chance of the guy getting violent with a girl.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
"Acting like a tough guy, what a loser. BTW, I'd totally kick his ass."

LOL!!

laughing

Robtard
Right, opinion noted.

I mean, it's literally his own words...

Surtur
I mean, it's literally his own words...

"But he's clearly trying to pass himself as bit of a rough-n-tough badass"

^Your opinion has been noted.

Robtard
You're very hostile again today and you've not been attacked. Is this normal for you now?

Anyhow, it's literally his own words about men, what he respects and fighting.

Surtur
You're very hostile again today and you've not been attacked. Is this normal for you now?

Anyhow, it's literally his own words about men, what he respects and fighting.

Saying your opinion has been noted and then posting back your opinion is hostile? Lol okay.

Robtard
You're clearly trying to dismiss my points when they're based on what Peterson said, not what I imagined he said.

Robtard
The point is moreso that between two guys there's at least a subconscious acknowledgement of the possibility of things getting physical. So like say one of the guys completely flips out and starts getting within another guy's personal space, couple inches away from the face, screaming hysterically.

Well a guy is less likely to do that with another guy, because things could very conceivably get physical.

With a girl there might not be as much inhibition because even if a girl starts doing that to a guy, there's not as much of a chance of the guy getting violent with a girl.

So yeah, it's a bit of both. He's pushing the intellectual who can also go street level if need be.

Surtur
You're clearly trying to dismiss my points when they're based on what Peterson said, not what I imagined he said.

You took what he said and then imagined he was trying to sound like a bad ass.

There is nothing bad ass about hitting someone who hits you first. It doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.

cdtm

Don't guys generally kill other guys over "respect"?

Male on female violance certainly is too common, but male on male has that "fear factor". Get him before he gets you, no half measures.

Robtard
You took what he said and then imagined he was trying to sound like a bad ass.

There is nothing bad ass about hitting someone who hits you first. It doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman.

He did not mention self-defense, you're adding that.

cdtm

I've watched much longer, and these aren't all that long.

Who do you think her audience is? That's the issue here: She did a provocative class where someone/'s complained. Then she secretly recorded the predictable disciplinary meeting, giving (what seems to me) to be rehersed lines of the sort and anti-left talking head would make.

And now she's regularly making videos criticising the left.

Call it whatever you want, I call it a brilliant career move. Or a genius con.

Robtard
Could be a con job, not the first time.

eg I don't really believe Anne Coulter is as nutty Far-Right as she pretends to be. She's intelligent enough to know that a certain percentage of the Right will make her rich if she goes there and expresses what they want openly, saying "rag heads" and the rest of her drivel. Phuck her anyways for spreading hatred though,

BrolyBlack
Could be a con job, not the first time.

eg I don't really believe Anne Coulter is as nutty Far-Right as she pretends to be. She's intelligent enough to know that a certain percentage of the Right will make her rich if she goes there and expresses what they want openly, saying "rag heads" and the rest of her drivel. Phuck her anyways for spreading hatred though,

Do you share this same opinion of Joy Reid?

Surtur
He did not mention self-defense, you're adding that.

He said women acting "crazy". I took it to mean self defense, like a crazy woman hitting you. That is my opinion. If it's your opinion he meant something else? Cool.

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Do you share this same opinion of Joy Reid?
I don't know a whole lot about Joy Reid, but I don't thinks she pretends to be Far-Right?

BrolyBlack
I don't know a whole lot about Joy Reid, but I don't thinks she pretends to be Far-Right?

She pretends to be far left, while calling Coulter a tranny and talking mad trash about gay homosexuals, McCain and a slew of others.

Robtard
She pretends to be far left, while calling Coulter a tranny and talking mad trash about gay homosexuals, McCain and a slew of others.

Wasn't aware "talking mad trash about gay homosexuals" is a Far Left angle. Seems more like a Far-Right angle. Maybe she's just bigoted?

Did laugh at Coulter being a "tranny" though. Lolz.

BrolyBlack
No Im saying she pretends to be far left, while doing those things.

darthgoober

Surtur
Originally posted by darthgoober
"under any circumstances whatsoever" is a pretty broad category though. I mean would you be able to respect someone who refused to try to fight someone he caught raping one of his kids or something like that?

Bingo.

Trocity
He's dangerous if you're some kind of spineless pussy that jumps at their own shadow, yeah.

Robtard
"under any circumstances whatsoever" is a pretty broad category though. I mean would you be able to respect someone who refused to try to fight someone he caught raping one of his kids or something like that?

Do you think Peterson was thinking about child molestation when he said that?

Surtur
Originally posted by Trocity
He's dangerous if you're some kind of spineless pussy that jumps at their own shadow, yeah.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/gVoBC0SuaHStq/giphy.gif

darthgoober
Do you think Peterson was thinking about child molestation when he said that?
I think he was thinking about someone who refused to fight under ANY circumstances whatsoever, just as he said. As in "Do literally anything you want and I'll still backdown".

Robtard

^
I don't think the story is about Peterson being dangerous himself, like he'd kill you. It's judging whether he's dangerous in setting off unhinged people; which can be dangerous depending on the person. So it seems Trocity didn't understand again, but I also have a feeling he only read the title, Trumpers tend to do that.

Robtard
I think he was thinking about someone who refused to fight under ANY circumstances whatsoever, just as he said. As in "Do literally anything you want and I'll still backdown".

Which can vary a lot, from just being verbally provoked onward...

Surtur
but I also have a feeling he only read the title, Trumpers tend to do that.

CDTM is a Trumper?

Robtard
CDTM is a Trumper?

I didn't say "only Trumpers do this", just that it tends to be a Trumper trait as just seen in Trocity's out of place post.

CDTM also said he "skimmed", meaning he read more than just the title. So why push a lie?

darthgoober
Which can vary a lot, from just being verbally provoked onward...
There's not a lot of variance in "under any circumstances whatsoever"... that's an absolute statement and therefore includes the most extreme examples.

Robtard
There's not a lot of variance in "under any circumstances whatsoever"... that's an absolute statement and therefore includes the most extreme examples. The use of the word "any" means there's all the variance in the world. From someone looking at you funny to kiddy-rape as you mentioned.

From the Queen's English:

Any
- 1usually with negative or in questions Used to refer to one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or how many.

Surtur
I didn't say "only Trumpers do this", just that it tends to be a Trumper trait as just seen in Trocity's out of place post.

CDTM also said he "skimmed", meaning he read more than just the title. So why push a lie?

He didn't say he skimmed the videos, he said he skimmed the article. Do better.

Robtard
He didn't say he skimmed the videos, he said he skimmed the article. Do better.

We're talking about the article, as it's literally named: "How dangerous is Jordan B Peterson, the rightwing professor who 'hit a hornets' nest'?"

So again, why lie and spin? Silly, imo.

ps and you read an article, not so much a video usually

Surtur
We're talking about the article, as it's literally named: "How dangerous is Jordan B Peterson, the rightwing professor who 'hit a hornets' nest'?"

So again, why lie and spin? Silly, imo.

And I'm talking about the videos he posted, so there is no lie. This is not the hill you wanna die on, I'd move on.

Robtard
And I'm clealry talking about the article as that's the subject. That's what you say when you know you're wrong and hope to squash further rebuttal.

Emperordmb

dadudemon
I don't even understand what you guys arguing about.

"any" all, rape, bla bla bla

Surtur
And I'm clealry talking about the article as that's the subject. That's what you say when you know you're wrong and hope to squash further rebuttal.

No, I'm not wrong as I didn't say anything incorrect. Do better, move on.

Robtard
What you did was a Red Herring. A distraction with something immediately irrelevant.

Surtur
What you did was a Red Herring. A distraction with something immediately irrelevant.

So first it was a lie and now it's a red herring, good stuff. I posted a fact, move on from it.

darthgoober
The use of the word "any" means there's all the variance in the world. From someone looking at you funny to kiddy-rape as you mentioned.

From the Queen's English:

Any
- 1usually with negative or in questions Used to refer to one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or how many.
The word "any" is being used as an all inclusive absolute. As in no matter what the cause, the response is the same "not fighting". I'm not saying there's no difference in potential provocations, I'm saying there's no difference in the implied response to the provocation.

cdtm

Robtard
So first it was a lie and now it's a red herring, good stuff.

Correct. The lie would be the claim that CDTM didn't read the article; when he "skimmed" it. The Red Herring is you waving "but I meant the videos!" after the fact over in the corner to distract away from the first. Hope that clears things up.

Trocity
Is it upsetting to you Rob that, as I've said a dozen times, I'm not a Trump supporter and yet still disagree with you and your shitty views?

I know the left likes to ignore facts to further the narrative that they want but seriously, how many times has it been now?

I shouldn't expect anything different from someone who jumps at his own shadow, I guess.

Robtard
I find it funny that it took less than two years for you to go from being an open Trumper to a closet Trumper.

ps Read the article next time before commenting, or at the least least skim it to get an idea. Not just the title.

Trocity
You have the brain of an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient or are just so biased and dumb that you have tricked your brain into believing shit that never happened.

Jordan Peterson is dangerous but Antifa is nothing but peaceful, right old boy?

Robtard
Keep flipping. IMO, they'll be more and more just like you in the coming year.

That's just something you're making up on the spot and are applying to me. Like a strawman argument.

The_Tempest
Not very.

I'm pretty fond of JBP. He's highly intelligent and consistently misrepresented by the media and his critics, though he does indeed occasionally say some truly bizarre shit (cf. his diet, his 30-day sleepless binge, one or two hallucinogenic dreams, etc.).

cdtm
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Not very.

I'm pretty fond of JBP. He's highly intelligent and consistently misrepresented by the media and his critics, though he does indeed occasionally say some truly bizarre shit (cf. his diet, his 30-day sleepless binge, one or two hallucinogenic dreams, etc.).

30 days is impossible.

Obviously. The body would pull him under, unless he was on drugs. In which case he'd be dead.

I was on the edge myself, from a bad reaction . From 200 lbs to around 150, from one week of fasting, and one week of insomnia. It was hell, and took several months to recover from. A week of that shit? Forgetaboutit.

Rage.Of.Olympus

cdtm
I never went psychotic.

You'd be surprised how much the brain can take.

Nibedicus

cdtm
Those voices are just my inner thoughts.

That's what I keep telling myself. Everyone hears them.

darthgoober

Rage.Of.Olympus
Extended bouts of sleep deprivation and lack of sleep can cause lasting brain damage. Technically, every minute you're awake, you are causing brain damage. Sleep is the way the brain repairs itself.

Sleep even regulates testosterone for men. A guy who sleeps regularly 8 hours vs. a guy who sleeps 6 hours? The former will have noticeably greater testosterone in 10 years.

Putinbot1
The bad Science in the posts here are hilarious, a bit like much of Jordan's shit.

Putinbot1
Yeah as long as you're getting SOME sleep, your brain can hold out for quite a while even in a deteriorating state. When my first kid was born, he had the worst case of colic the nurses had ever seen, and it lasted way longer than normal. Because of this(or because of his autism) he never developed a regular sleep schedule(he literally never slept for more than an hour at a time) and my bipolar wife had severe post postpartum so I was always the one who had to deal with him. Long story short, I never got more than 4 hours of sleep in a single day/night, and it was always in the form of 30-45 minute naps for a solid 4 years strait until we finally found a psychologist who told us about the possibility of giving him melatonin which finally made him sleep through the night. By then I was totally wreck as far as anxiety, paranoia, depression go(all of which I'd suffered from before, but they got a LOT worse) and a real ******* to be around, but I was still able to function enough to work and such. Don't get me wrong because I wasn't a GOOD worker, but I was able to barely skate by. TBH though, I still have fairly intense issues with anxiety, paranoia, and depression and still have pretty big sleep issues myself though, so it's very possible that the 4 solid years of sleep deprivation f*cked me up permanently. Sorry to hear all this mate. Do you think it did permanently f u up?

dadudemon
Yeah as long as you're getting SOME sleep, your brain can hold out for quite a while even in a deteriorating state. When my first kid was born, he had the worst case of colic the nurses had ever seen, and it lasted way longer than normal. Because of this(or because of his autism) he never developed a regular sleep schedule(he literally never slept for more than an hour at a time) and my bipolar wife had severe post postpartum so I was always the one who had to deal with him. Long story short, I never got more than 4 hours of sleep in a single day/night, and it was always in the form of 30-45 minute naps for a solid 4 years strait until we finally found a psychologist who told us about the possibility of giving him melatonin which finally made him sleep through the night. By then I was totally wreck as far as anxiety, paranoia, depression go(all of which I'd suffered from before, but they got a LOT worse) and a real ******* to be around, but I was still able to function enough to work and such. Don't get me wrong because I wasn't a GOOD worker, but I was able to barely skate by. TBH though, I still have fairly intense issues with anxiety, paranoia, and depression and still have pretty big sleep issues myself though, so it's very possible that the 4 solid years of sleep deprivation f*cked me up permanently.

Don't be made when I suggest this...

But have you heard of that sleep aid called melatonin? peaches

If you're not trying it, try it. But one thing I see done wrong all the time is people don't meditate or try to sleep within 30 minutes of taking the sleep aid.

Surtur
Correct. The lie would be the claim that CDTM didn't read the article; when he "skimmed" it. The Red Herring is you waving "but I meant the videos!" after the fact over in the corner to distract away from the first. Hope that clears things up.

I never claimed he didn't read the article. You're lying about that now. His not watching the videos was brought up by me before you even opened your mouth. Do better, I'd suggest moving on.

Adam_PoE

You just described all of his fans.

Silent Master
His fans are far left?

darthgoober
Sorry to hear all this mate. Do you think it did permanently f u up?
Hard to tell. Like I said, I had issues with anxiety, paranoia, and depression for a long time before any of that started, but they got a lot worse over the course of those 4 years. They're better than they'd gotten now, but still quite a bit worse than when it all started. So it's kinda impossible to say whether the leftover increase is due to a natural progression of conditions or if they were permanently exacerbated due to the extended sleep deprivation.

Don't be made when I suggest this...

But have you heard of that sleep aid called melatonin? peaches

If you're not trying it, try it. But one thing I see done wrong all the time is people don't meditate or try to sleep within 30 minutes of taking the sleep aid.
Melatonin works on my kids, but it doesn't do shit for me personally. But it's ok, now I have Trazodone and Klonopin to knock me out and minipress to prevent nightmares so I do ok in the sleep department for the most part.

Surtur
Hard to tell. Like I said, I had issues with anxiety, paranoia, and depression for a long time before any of that started, but they got a lot worse over the course of those 4 years. They're better than they'd gotten now, but still quite a bit worse than when it all started. So it's kinda impossible to say whether the leftover increase is due to a natural progression of conditions or if they were permanently exacerbated due to the extended sleep deprivation.

Melatonin works on my kids, but it doesn't do shit for me personally. But it's ok, now I have Trazodone and Klonopin to knock me out and minipress to prevent nightmares so I do ok in the sleep department for the most part.

I had troubles too, melatonin didn't really work for me.

I've been getting amitriptyline for sleep, but it's also used for anxiety.

Putinbot1

Melatonin works on my kids, but it doesn't do shit for me personally. But it's ok, now I have Trazodone and Klonopin to knock me out and minipress to prevent nightmares so I do ok in the sleep department for the most part. Really not good, I'm sorry to hear you are having to face this struggle.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
*bet

dadudemon
I bet Peterson could beat you in a debate, Putinbot1. smile

Depends on the topic, right? Which topic would they debate?

BrolyBlack
Feminism

Surtur
Feminism

JP would destroy Putinbot in a debate on feminism.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>