Liam Neeson seems confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1

Surtur
Is this about his saying he wanted to kill a black guy cuz one raped his friend?

Surtur
Liam Neeson says he walked the streets hoping to 'kill' a black man after family member was raped

So...did he just torpedo his career here?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Is this about his saying he wanted to kill a black guy cuz one raped his friend? let's wait till everything is corroborated. He seems confused. More than you are usually my little red piller.

Putinbot1
Liam Neeson says he walked the streets hoping to 'kill' a black man after family member was raped

So...did he just torpedo his career here? I suspect so, the language of the anti PC brigade is causing so many problems.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
let's wait till everything is corroborated. He seems confused. More than you are usually my little red piller.

Lol@ you being triggered. Anyways, are you trying to imply he's suffering from some sort of dementia?

Robtard
let's wait till everything is corroborated. He seems confused. More than you are usually my little red piller. Reading up, he had those thoughts for about a week due to extreme emotional anguish over a loved one being raped and when he settled down sometime later, he said he realized how wrong and ridiculous his thoughts were and that he felt ashamed and still feels ashamed to this day that he felt the way he did.

So no, I doubt his career is over. thought at this point what would that mean, we don't get yet another movie where he plays some guy who is wronged by a group of people and then he tracks them down and kills them?

Putinbot1
Lol@ you being triggered. Anyways, are you trying to imply he's suffering from some sort of dementia? no one is triggered here, for a change not even you. Nah, I think the line between taken and reality has blurred for that Jedi Master.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Reading up, he had those thoughts for about a week due to extreme emotional anguish over a loved one being raped and when he settled down sometime later, he said he realized how wrong and ridiculous his thoughts were and that he felt ashamed and still feels ashamed to this day that he felt the way he did.

So no, I doubt his career is over. thought at this point what would that mean, we don't get yet another movie where he plays some guy who is wronged by a group of people and then he tracks them down and kills them? If this is true, perhaps I'm in the wrong, the news report i saw questioned if any rape had happened. I thought he'd gone full Surt.

Surtur
I wonder if he was drunk, I'm not sure why he'd tell this story.

Putinbot1
I wonder if he was drunk, I'm not sure why he'd tell this story. let's see if it turns out a rape happened, it's wrong but wed all understand it. If it didn't hes a ****ing idiot.

Robtard
If this is true, perhaps I'm in the wrong, the news report i saw questioned if any rape had happened. I thought he'd gone full Surt.

Oh, if no actual rape happened and he outright imagined all of it, then yeah, he might be legit mental at this point.

Surtur

Robtard

Surtur

NemeBro
It takes a lot of courage to admit to yourself that you weren't just in the wrong, but that your thoughts and actions were shameful. More still to admit them to others.

Liam Neeson knows his racist thoughts and stalking the streets for misplaced retribution were wrong, and is essentially in remorse for a "mere" thought crime.

Hopefully he doesn't have trouble with his career after admitting this, and I personally don't think less of him for having done so. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
It takes a lot of courage to admit to yourself that you weren't just in the wrong, but that your thoughts and actions were shameful. More still to admit them to others.

Liam Neeson knows his racist thoughts and stalking the streets for misplaced retribution were wrong, and is essentially in remorse for a "mere" thought crime.

Hopefully he doesn't have trouble with his career after admitting this, and I personally don't think less of him for having done so. thumb up

Thought crimes and face crimes are big deals these days.

Putinbot1

Hopefully he doesn't have trouble with his career after admitting this, and I personally don't think less of him for having done so. thumb up but why would he share this as a public figure? Seriously, seems crazy.

Surtur
As for questions about his mental health, what if the story is true and a deteriorating mental state is what caused him to blab about this?

Putinbot1
As for questions about his mental health, what if the story is true and a deteriorating mental state is what caused him to blab about this? Very sad, and the papers should have cached it better. Why kick a man if he is going through that?

Surtur
Very sad, and the papers should have cached it better. Why kick a man if he is going through that?

Well they have no way of knowing why he is saying what he said. It seems most people were quite shocked.

I tried doing a search to see if Neeson has said anything else out of the ordinary recently, but couldn't find anything.

Putinbot1
Well they have no way of knowing why he is saying what he said. It seems most people were quite shocked.

I tried doing a search to see if Neeson has said anything else out of the ordinary recently, but couldn't find anything. I think this story is only starting tbh.

NemeBro
but why would he share this as a public figure? Seriously, seems crazy. Hard to say. It might be as you say and that as he is getting on in years he's losing his head, but assuming the story is true (if it is all made up then he seriously needs mental health) I hold no ill-will towards him, even if his letting the story slip only came about because of deteriorating mental health.

Robtard
He could have just been confessing because as he said, he still feels ashamed to have thought like that. He's a former Catholic, they love confessions to clear the soul.

Putinbot1
Hard to say. It might be as you say and that as he is getting on in years he's losing his head, but assuming the story is true (if it is all made up then he seriously needs mental health) I hold no ill-will towards him, even if his letting the story slip only came about because of deteriorating mental health.

Hey, he's only 14 years older than me ffs!

He could have just been confessing because as he said, he still feels ashamed to have thought like that. He's a former Catholic, they love confessions to clear the soul. very true Rob.

dadudemon
Hard to say. It might be as you say and that as he is getting on in years he's losing his head, but assuming the story is true (if it is all made up then he seriously needs mental health) I hold no ill-will towards him, even if his letting the story slip only came about because of deteriorating mental health.Hey, he's only 14 years older than me ffs!

He's almost old enough to be my grandfather. I didn't know he was that old.

NemeBro
Hey, he's only 14 years older than me ffs!

very true Rob. ur old

Surtur
I will point out his latest movie is about a guy who becomes a vigilante after his son is murdered and he tries to get revenge on a drug lord. That's probably what made him wanna discuss revenge, but it's insane that he chose this specific story.

Surely he felt the need to want to murder the actual rapist too. He should have just spoken about that.

Robtard
Seems the person close to him didn't know who did it, so he was emotionally lashing out at the one thing he had "Black guy". Sure, it's racist as phuck still, but he's capable of understanding that he was wrong and why.

Mindship

Hopefully he doesn't have trouble with his career after admitting this, and I personally don't think less of him for having done so. thumb up This.

BrolyBlack
Didn't he say he was done making movies after Star Wars, then two years ago he said he was done with action movies?

https://www.apnews.com/f746921dc4474031bc975a5f43f5716f

consider this forced retirement!

BrolyBlack

Adam_PoE

And he also has a huge cock.

Surtur
The problem is...if smirking is a big deal then surely what Neeson did is a billion times worse.

His address is gonna be posted on twitter by leftists any day now.

Badabing
... My reaction to that story:

https://i.postimg.cc/C5zr5TqK/tenor.gif

Robtard
The problem is...if smirking is a big deal then surely what Neeson did is a billion times worse.

His address is gonna be posted on twitter by leftists any day now.

^ False equivalence

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
And he also has a huge cock.

Read that story too. Hollywood madame said Liam Neeson and Ed Begley Jr. were both hung like horses.

One Big Mob
but why would he share this as a public figure? Seriously, seems crazy. Yeah, that's a good question. I don't care about the story as this seemed to happen a long time ago in Northern Ireland of all places, and what Rob said...

But why would he share it in today's age? It seemed like he overestimated how well he could project his realization by using such an example.

Good story - you do stupid shit in an attempt for revenge and blind rage that's not worth it - but bad example to use. If he had omitted some context (black), and just said he was hoping some dude would have came at him, then it would have been fine. Not as hard hitting of a story, but usable.

Adam_PoE
Read that story too. Hollywood madame said Liam Neeson and Ed Begley Jr. were both hung like horses.

You don't have to take her word for it. There is a GIF of him from one of his early films, and it is pretty remarkable.

Surtur
Lol so...dude went on Good Morning America and told the story AGAIN.

BrolyBlack

Hopefully, he doesn't have trouble with his career after admitting this, and I personally don't think less of him for having done so. thumb up

Yea after doing more reading into it, it seemed like he admitted something he didn't need to but did it anyways.

BrolyBlack
https://www.thedailybeast.com/daily-shows-trevor-noah-liam-neeson-deserves-credit-for-making-powerful-admission-on-racism

Surtur
Eh, I don't think he deserves credit for anything. Am I saying don't forgive him? No, but should he be praised? Idk, I don't think so.

BrolyBlack
Hes not saying he deserves praise, watch the video

Robtard
FFS, Surt, watch the god damned video before commenting

Surtur

I wasn't even commenting on the video. People earlier in the thread were praising him. At the top of the page Broly had quoted Neme bro talking about how he's courageous, etc.

FFS Rob, do better next time instead of acting like a phaggot.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Hes not saying he deserves praise, watch the video

I wasn't talking about the video, but I have now watched it and I just disagree. I don't think he deserves any credit for doing this. I'm honestly not sure what has been accomplished here.

MythLord
Eh, I don't think he deserves credit for anything. Am I saying don't forgive him? No, but should he be praised? Idk, I don't think so.
I do think it's rather mature of him to come out and admit it and show he's sorry. Most celebrities would've either deflected this or outright ignored/denied any such allegations; he didn't. Liam straight up said: I had messed up thoughts, I know they're wrong now, I'm sorry. Good on him for doing so, tbh.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
I do think it's rather mature of him to come out and admit it and show he's sorry. Most celebrities would've either deflected this or outright ignored/denied any such allegations; he didn't. Liam straight up said: I had messed up thoughts, I know they're wrong now, I'm sorry. Good on him for doing so, tbh.

Yes, but isn't "good for him for doing so" essentially sort of praising him?

MythLord
Yes, but isn't "good for him for doing so" essentially sort of praising him?
I guess? I do think he deserves some credit, because he handled this in a more mature way than most other celebrities would have.

Trocity
Guaranteed the people questioning if the rape actually took place are the same people who outright believed Christine "I don't remember" Ford.

Flyattractor

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qquujepIT_g/Ul6CtMIisdI/AAAAAAAAXR4/6e8wYIR-kIU/s1600/pot-and-kettke.jpg

Kind of nice to be able to use that again...

gauntlet o doom
It seems like a strange story to share with the public, given the lynch mob mentality. But it's something that happened to him in the past, who knows how many years ago. People who haven't done anything bad in the past should be the the only ones to chastise him for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.