Sabertooth vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Current versions

Who wins

Kazenji
Cap.

StiltmanFTW
Re.

SabRE.

You want a saber, watch some Star Wars.

Also, been done... good guy or not, Creed's hf is still too powerful for Cap to overcome.

Bentley
Top tier streetlevelers >> Wolverine villains

Deadline
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Re.

SabRE.

You want a saber, watch some Star Wars.

Also, been done... good guy or not, Creed's hf is still too powerful for Cap to overcome.

Is it more powerful than Wolverine's?

Flyattractor
Yeah. HF is a the ultimate Cheat Code in Comic Debates.

Deadline
Well Cap was able to stop Wolverine from using his claws eventhough he had a HF why can't he deal with Sabretooths HF? Don't know much about Sabretooth currently though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Deadline
Is it more powerful than Wolverine's?

It has been officially more powerful since 1998. Not that it needs to be.

Well Cap was able to stop Wolverine from using his claws eventhough he had a HF why can't he deal with Sabretooths HF? Don't know much about Sabretooth currently though.

A trick that ain't gonna work on Creed's claws. Not sure why you mention it.

Victor walked away with a smile after Cho Hulk smashed the living shit out of him. Bloodlusted Nightcrawler had him stuffed full of blades and foreign objects and still got owned. Each time Creed and Logan fight, they trade blows that would kill a dozen men or more.

Cap doesn't fight on this level.

One Big Mob
Cap beats Sabertooth/Victer Cread/Bigger Wolvereen/whatever you want to call him for a smooth 7/10

ShadowFyre
It has been officially more powerful since 1998. Not that it needs to be.

A trick that ain't gonna work on Creed's claws. Not sure why you mention it.

Victor walked away with a smile after Cho Hulk smashed the living shit out of him. Bloodlusted Nightcrawler had him stuffed full of blades and foreign objects and still got owned. Each time Creed and Logan fight, they trade blows that would kill a dozen men or more.

Cap doesn't fight on this level.

Unless you massively outclass your opponent, which Cap does not, dont really see a way of getting past insane healing factors. I guess, Cap could decap or ko creed, but that's less likely than Cap bleeding out

StyleTime
In a comic, Cap could go defensive while using the environment to ultimately immobilize Sabes. Villains must lose in general. In a forum setting, Sabretooth guts him eventually.

Cap needed a teammate to BFR Logan the last time he fought Wolverine. An encounter with Creed won't be much different.

Deadline
Originally posted by StyleTime

I mean, the last encounter against Wolverine had Cap needing to be saved by a teammate BFRing Logan. An encounter with Creed won't be much different.

Um that was his plan all along. You can clearly see that Cap was setting him up and Cap wasn't trying to beat him in a drawn out match but just trying to get Wolverine into position. Cap also stated that he thought he could beat him.

StiltmanFTW
That was his plan, as he had no other way of dealing with Logan.

Wolverine wasn't even KO'd when he got kicked out from the plane by Giant Man and fell to the ground.

Steve couldn't even walk on his own.

h1a8
Creed

SamZED
iirc Logan seperated Cap from his shield with his claws. Could've been Steve's arm if Logan wanted. Tbf a tiny plane cabin benefits Logan more than Cap.

Deadline
That was his plan, as he had no other way of dealing with Logan.

Wolverine wasn't even KO'd when he got kicked out from the plane by Giant Man and fell to the ground.

Steve couldn't even walk on his own.

I don't agree Cap was able to disable Wolverines claws it's not unreasonable that he could find a way to KO him. He did say he was confident that he could beat Wolverine, no I don't usually go by what characters say but when a character like Cap (being a master strategist) makes a statement like that he's probably right. I suspect after their origins fight Cap has come up with a plan to beat Wolverine the same way in Civil War Cap had studied Spiderman in order to beat him. Bare in mind that Cap has also been able to register a pressure point on Professor Hulk and Professor Hulk as far as I can see has a better HF than Wolverine.

Yes Cap needed help to walk but Cap has a history of putting himself in vulnerable situations so he can set up his opponents. He probably allowed himself to get injured so that Wolverine would be over confident and let his guard down.

StiltmanFTW
I don't agree Cap was able to disable Wolverines claws it's not unreasonable that he could find a way to KO him.

Apples and oranges.

Temporarily disarming someone doesn't mean you can actually beat him.

He did say he was confident that he could beat Wolverine

And got his ass handed to him. It was a standard tough guy talk meant to rile Logan up, nothing more. And you'd know that if you had a single working brain cell left.

Logan took everything Steve and Hank threw at him - including the fall from the plane - which he nonchalantly shrugged off, got up and began to walk... all while Rogers needed Hank's help to make it to the cockpit.

no I don't usually go by what characters say but when a character like Cap (being a master strategist) makes a statement like that he's probably right.

laughing out loud

I suspect after their origins fight Cap has come up with a plan to beat Wolverine the same way in Civil War Cap had studied Spiderman in order to beat him. Bare in mind that Cap has also been able to register a pressure point on Professor Hulk and Professor Hulk as far as I can see has a better HF than Wolverine.

Yes Cap needed help to walk but Cap has a history of putting himself in vulnerable situations so he can set up his opponents. He probably allowed himself to get injured so that Wolverine would be over confident and let his guard down.

Keep living in your fantasy world, Phantom.

Hilarious how, at the same time, you argue in the other thread Cap can't take Catman and Wildcat, lol.

Deadline
Apples and oranges.

Temporarily disarming someone doesn't mean you can actually beat him.

It doesn't neccesrily mean that you can and it doesn't neccesarily mean that you can't. What it shows is a high level of skill and you can't rule out the possibility that the skill could be applied to a KO....he's registered a pressure point on Professor Hulk who has a better Hf than Wolverine. Also the Origins fight was poorly wriiten because it's like the roles had been reveresed Wolverine was calm and Cap was angry and Wolverine was more strategic. Eventhough I don't think it would be impossible for this to happen it's not accurate portrayals of both characters on average.

And got his ass handed to him. It was a standard tough guy talk meant to rile Logan up, nothing more. And you'd know that if you had a single working brain cell left.

Logan took everything Steve and Hank threw at him - including the fall from the plane - which he nonchalantly shrugged off, got up and began to walk... all while Rogers needed Hank's help to make it to the cockpit.

Cap wasn't trying to beat him in h2h it's easier to chuck him out of the plane. Again.

There are lots of examples of Cap making himself vulnerable see his fight with Crossbones in Thunderbolts were Crossbones had Cap on the ground and was throttling him but that was part of Cap's plan.

laughing out loud

Keep living in your fantasy world, Phantom.

Hilarious how, at the same time, you argue in the other thread Cap can't take Catman and Wildcat, lol.

Yea you're right Cap isn't a master strategist whos plans usually work. Everything prior to Origins as far as I'm concerned implies that Cap couldn't take Wolverine in a fight but since he stated that he could beat him and has a history of his plans working I supect he could beat him one one one but it would easier to chuck him out of a plane so he went for that option

and if I argued that he could take them you would be arguing that it's hilarious that I thought he could.

StyleTime

Cap wasn't trying to beat him in h2h it's easier to chuck him out of the plane. Again.

There are lots of examples of Cap making himself vulnerable see his fight with Crossbones in Thunderbolts were Crossbones had Cap on the ground and was throttling him but that was part of Cap's plan.

Yea you're right Cap isn't a master strategist whos plans usually work. Everything prior to Origins as far as I'm concerned implies that Cap couldn't take Wolverine in a fight but since he stated that he could beat him and has a history of his plans working I supect he could beat him one one one but it would easier to chuck him out of a plane so he went for that option
Making himself vulnerable would be the worst idea against Wolverine, due to Wolverine's healing. Each time Cap let's himself get clawed just to land a hit, his performance will drop. Wolverine will heal back to 100% right away. Logan isn't Crossbones, and trading blows only makes the fight easier for Wolverine.

What exactly would he do, in your eyes? He isn't fast enough to never get hit and he has no viable way to KO Wolverine before getting diced up, just like Sabretooth. Cap was so messed up after the brief scuffle with Wolverine on the plane, it's hard to imagine he would have suddenly had a comeback.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

http://i67.tinypic.com/2q0oq2q.png

versus

http://i65.tinypic.com/wvo6q1.png

No contest, really.

StyleTime
thumb up

Cap needs medical attention, and Wolverine looks more annoyed that he has to wait for a ride in the snow.

His dick probably shrank in the cold though. That's the extent of his injuries.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Thanks to Cap's "great plan", Logan actually found Hope first... Cap sure knew where to drop him...

But hey, what to expect from the guy who sends Valkyrie on killing sprees? Guess the whole fight was a ruse, Steve was just trying to protect his image, even though he fully agreed with Logan wink

StyleTime
Cap was playing the long game man. He kicked Wolverine out of the plane so Logan could get covered in adamantium years later and suffocate.

StiltmanFTW
Master tactician indeed thumb up

Senor Cage
Sabretooth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.