wildcat/catman vs cap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
h2h in a back alley. no shield or claws.

Deadline
What exactly do you mean by wildcat/catman? An amalgam or like they're merged into one body so they have increased stats?

leonidas
uh...nope. just wildcat and catman vs cap...

Deadline
Oh....can't see him winning this. Would like to say he could but nah.

Galan007
By "cap" do you mean "bottle cap", or perhaps "bust a cap"? Could it be an acronym of some sort?

You really need to specify better in these threads, leo. This is absurd. sly

Deadline
Mmm dunno about that pretty sure I've seen the / sign with two words in each side kinda meaning that the two words or synonymous with each other or something like that. So not really that obvious.

Bentley
I'm pretty sure unarmed men can't put down Cap erm

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/2967736-fantastic+four+557+%28zone-megan%29+pg08-09.jpg

beatboks
If Gail Simone is writting her fan wanked Catman team wins. Otherwise (under ANY other writer) they loose.

leonidas
lol at much of this....

anyway, i could see cap winning too. catman does have a couple good feats (bats and braonze tiger) but in general is depicted quite a bit below cap imo. wildcat is tough as nails but lacks cap's overall skill. team def takes some. majority i'm unsure about.

MrMind
Originally posted by beatboks
If Gail Simone is writting her fan wanked Catman team wins. Otherwise (under ANY other writer) they loose.

ah I still remember that good old secret six runs before nu52

Gail Simone, great at story tellin and character building, terrible at power levels

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
lol at much of this....

anyway, i could see cap winning too. catman does have a couple good feats (bats and braonze tiger) but in general is depicted quite a bit below cap imo. wildcat is tough as nails but lacks cap's overall skill. team def takes some. majority i'm unsure about.

Fighting two skilled opponents is not the same as fighting just one.

Remember Diamondback and Black Widow? shifty

leonidas
lol that's going back a ways but yeah. there must be some good feats of cap fighting multiple skilled opponents that i'm forgetting. his stats are much better than either of these guys and while wildcat has some great damage soak cap's is still better imo. no one is sweeping this but i'm still unsure who'd take a majority. i wonder how both of them would do against bats in the same scenario...?

Deadline
I know that fight but wouldn't have thought that Diamondback and Black Widow were as good as Catman and Wildcat. I could see a comparison with Catman but not so sure about Wildcat. Wildcat seems to me highly skilled but with low-meta toughness.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Deadline
but

But what?

He lost against them, so if anything it only helps they were weaker than the duo here.

Perhaps you forgot that, too? stick out tongue

--
Anyway, Steve is an A-list superhero, which is why it shouldn't be impossible for him to take those two.

However, even in comics, 2 on 1 fights are tough. Unless the hero is outnumbered by cannon fodder types.

Deadline
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But what?

He lost against them, so if anything it only helps they were weaker than the duo here.

Perhaps you forgot that, too? stick out tongue

--
Anyway, Steve is an A-list superhero, which is why it shouldn't be impossible for him to take those two.

However, even in comics, 2 on 1 fights are tough. Unless the hero is outnumbered by cannon fodder types.

Stilt you know that Cap was high on drugs and acting irrationally. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
I also know he stomped Daredevil. So he was far from being incompetent in that state.

Any examples of 100% Cap fighting two skilled - named - fighters or more?

I remember how he beat two Shang-Chi clones while old, but performance against clones doesn't mean much on vs forums.

Deadline
I also know he stomped Daredevil. So he was far from being incompetent in that state.

Nah I think it was more than just rusty it was shown that his radar sense wasn't working properly that would probably explain why he had trouble reading Cap with his radarsense and got stomped. No he wasn't incompetent but the bottomline is that he wasn't a 100% because he wouldn't have used his skill to the full potential because he acting irrationaly.

Any examples of 100% Cap fighting two skilled - named - fighters or more?

I remember how he beat two Shang-Chi clones while old, but performance against clones doesn't mean much on vs forums.

Not 100% but while old and frail fighting Sisters of Sin, but I would assume they're not top tier. While dying fighting Yellowjacket and Giant Man. Fighting The Serpent Society while off the SSS. I also think he fought Zaran and Machete at the same time.

Senor Cage
Team wins. Catman's highest feat was going toe to toe with Aquaman. Cap puts up a good fight, but the team is too much.

Philosophía
Team.

leonidas
what about with shield and claws? pretty sure i know who i'd take, but curious.

Philosophía
It depends. For example, if Cap throws his shield, and they manage to deflect it so that it doesn't return to him, he'd be done. Something like this:
https://i.imgur.com/jQe31Mb.jpg
or this:
https://imgur.com/a/qofSG99
And while Catman is not Wolverine/Daredevil, since it's two on one, I can see him getting the opportunity to also do something like this, and remove it from Cap's possession:
https://imgur.com/a/fvPzq19

leonidas
if they separate him he's screwed. i think it more likely that he takes out wildcat with it then has just catman left. again, i don't see a sweep from either, but with shield, i'd give cap the odds here. with no weapons i'm still a bit torn but leaning to team.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Deadline
Nah I think it was more than just rusty it was shown that his radar sense wasn't working properly that would probably explain why he had trouble reading Cap with his radarsense and got stomped. No he wasn't incompetent but the bottomline is that he wasn't a 100% because he wouldn't have used his skill to the full potential because he acting irrationaly.

It wasn't working properly because of Cap's enhanced metabolism.

Deadline
Not sure if the team are good enough to do that. It's certainly possible that he could make them think that he's lost his shield by deflection but instead it rebounds and Kos Catman.

Cap may just decide to hold onto the shield and take out Catman first and then if he does Wildcat is toast.

Deadline
It wasn't working properly because of Cap's enhanced metabolism.

Which makes no sense because he's never had any problems reading Cap before and he also had problems with Crossbones. If his radarsense has problems reading Cap then he shouldn't be able to read Spiderman because Spidermans metabolism is even greater. It could be argued that he should have problems reading Kingpin as well according to your logic.

It depends. For example, if Cap throws his shield, and they manage to deflect it so that it doesn't return to him, he'd be done. Something like this:
https://i.imgur.com/jQe31Mb.jpg
or this:
https://imgur.com/a/qofSG99

Just to note in the first example Cap was high and as not himself ((DD wasn't 100% either) and in the second example Cap had doubts about wether he was doing the rgiht thing trying to take DD in. Cap was not fighting at his best in either of those examples.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
if they separate him he's screwed. i think it more likely that he takes out wildcat with it then has just catman left. again, i don't see a sweep from either, but with shield, i'd give cap the odds here. with no weapons i'm still a bit torn but leaning to team. Maybe, but I don't think being 2v1 can be understated enough. Assuming he doesn't throw and lose it, he'd have to defend against both simultaneously. Wildcat is underrated as hell, too, imo

Senor Cage
Catman is underrated, too. Gail Simone pretty much boosted his feats.

Supermutant
Charging Star on one, shield bash on the other. Cap don't like Cat.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/702886/Previews/c63eb112ca4ec1be94346b23731d03b7._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/5c/aa/415caa9de83fb48e533d8df724744db9.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.