YouTube Prophets replace Sunday service for the disanfranchised, lonely and lost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
The more I look at the evangelical behaviour of rightist pundits and the religious zeal the believers repeat this preaching. The more I see the alt right and alt lite tubers as a replacement for standardised religion. The mantras and doctrines of Shapiro and Peterson fill a void for the lost and broken who have a minimised stake in the real world.

They fill a need for something to believe in that these individuals greedily accept.

But instead of preaching love for their fellow man, or how to deal with suffering, they preach tribalism and division. They make these people feel they are part of something and that they matter, regardless of what they are capable of contributing.

Robtard
thumb up

I find it funny that just on KMC the people who are the loudest against "identify politics" follow people who platform from there the most. This isn't unique to KMC.

Though it should be noted that everyone adheres to identity politics in some degree, be it, their religion, race, politics, social standing or some combo. Just human nature.

Want to know how a certain poster(s) thinks on a subject, you don't have to ask them anymore, just google Website/name + subject and you have it. eg Tim Pool + Elizabeth Warren

Surtur
I love how much these youtubers trigger you guys. It's always entertaining smile

Flyattractor
This coming from the guy of the Cult Of Secular Stupidity.

Noice.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I love how much these youtubers trigger you guys. It's always entertaining smile

Truth be told, Surt, they trigger you into behaving/believing in the manner they see fit and they do it for clicks because clicks equal money in their bank accounts. You won't see this, because you're a drone.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
The more I look at the evangelical behaviour of rightist pundits and the religious zeal the believers repeat this preaching. The more I see the alt right and alt lite tubers as a replacement for standardised religion. The mantras and doctrines of Shapiro and Peterson fill a void for the lost and broken who have a minimised stake in the real world.

They fill a need for something to believe in that these individuals greedily accept.

But instead of preaching love for their fellow man, or how to deal with suffering, they preach tribalism and division. They make these people feel they are part of something and that they matter, regardless of what they are capable of contributing.

What a very interesting theory and I think you're on to something.

These alt-righters and ultra-rightwingers are often single, male, atheists.

They could be filling the void that religion would normally fill with zealot-like cultist following.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This coming from the guy of the Cult Of Secular Stupidity.

Noice.

I wonder which youtuber broke them? I'm guessing Tim Pool...he really gets to them.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Truth be told, Surt, they trigger you into behaving/believing in the manner they see fit and they do it for clicks because clicks equal money in their bank accounts. You won't see this, because you're a drone.

It is funny how guys like Pooty and Robbie think that IF they IMAGINE Something...It Must Be True!

I wonder which youtuber broke them? I'm guessing Tim Pool...he really gets to them.

Before that thread I never even Heard of Tim Pool.... I thought it was some lame Deadpool joke..

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon

This alt-righters and ultra-rightwingers are often single, male, atheists.

They could be filling the void that religion would normally fill with zealot-like cultist following.

Some atheists treat their atheism like a religion in itself.

Flyattractor
And some fill that empty void in them with Political Nonsense.

Surtur
It is funny how guys like Pooty and Robbie think that IF they IMAGINE Something...It Must Be True!

Before that thread I never even Heard of Tim Pool.... I thought it was some lame Deadpool joke..

You still gotta appreciate the "no they trigger YOU!" response after I point out they trigger him.

This isn't the first topic created for the specific purpose of ranting about youtubers either lol.

Flyattractor
maybe we should get Bada to do a big Thread Merge...He really likes to do that.

Putinbot1
Truth be told, Surt, they trigger you into behaving/believing in the manner they see fit and they do it for clicks because clicks equal money in their bank accounts. You won't see this, because you're a drone. You see this is another aspect, like snake oil salesmen they are selling something that is real as a balm to soothe, which instead is really causing harm and making them money. Good point!

This alt-righters and ultra-rightwingers are often single, male, atheists.

They are indeed and they don't have family or lover to provide a concrete purpose or faith to provide an abstract.

They are also often people who have experienced trauma, be it physical or mental. They cry out for purpose, they feel powerless and disenfranchised.

These tubers prey on them.

Flyattractor
says the guy with the "Incel: Obsession.

Putinbot1
says the guy with the "Incel: Obsession. I do believe you Incels are easy targets, yes. You are extra susceptible to these youtubers.

Surtur
maybe we should get Bada to do a big Thread Merge...He really likes to do that.

Lol you certainly don't hear them cry over the fact places like MSNBC prey on retarded leftists. The concern trolling is hilarious.

snowdragon
People are social creatures and look for ways that they can identify and connect with other people. Some people use religion for that acceptance, others think they can fill that with FB groups and posts, politics, youtube.

The problems often seem to surface when one group believes they are better than others.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
The problems often seem to surface when one group believes they are better than others.

Bingo.

dadudemon
I'd say that many left wingers also cling to SJW causes for the same exact reasons Whirly outlined on the alt-righters.

It's toxicity that manifests for the same reasons but have different political leanings.

Surtur
I'd say that many left wingers also cling to SJW causes for the same exact reasons Whirly outlined on the alt-righters.

It's toxicity that manifests for the same reasons but have different political leanings.

Bingo

Putinbot1
People are social creatures and look for ways that they can identify and connect with other people. Some people use religion for that acceptance, others think they can fill that with FB groups and posts, politics, youtube.

The problems often seem to surface when one group believes they are better than others. I don't think belief in doctrine is looking for acceptance, people's "faith" is personal, it is though a need to be part of something larger, a need to believe they matter. Which for those with no stake is clearly important, they need something to get up for in the morning, even if it's just to mock a well.meaning teenager trying new ideas themselves for being an SJW. The thing is these young men run in age from their teens into adulthood and the doctrines they follow are carefully crafted to feed their own sense of worthlessness.

Surtur
Yup, or if it's getting up in the morning to cry cuz a kid in a MAGA hat smirked...they just need that to cling to

snowdragon
I agree with most of what you are saying here, the thing with people though is that whether it's conscious or unconsciously they are looking for some form of acceptance.

Then, of course, we can separate out purpose from acceptance. Finding a purpose within a group that accepts you and we can then see where that can manifest into bad, terrible, untenable behaviors.

Lulz one of the best ways to "grow up" is to start a family, you'll never have the time to fill in your life with useless groups to busy playing taxi, tutor etc.

Putinbot1
YouTube itself and companies that partner with it are waking up to the affect these pundits or vloggers are having these vulnerable often physically or mentally Ill young men and censoring them, truthfully these opinion pieces would not pass mustard on traditional outlets... I do think Fox has been a gateway and training ground for many of these "prophets of the eright".

Putinbot1
I agree with most of what you are saying here, the thing with people though is that whether it's conscious or unconsciously they are looking for some form of acceptance.

Then, of course, we can separate out purpose from acceptance. Finding a purpose within a group that accepts you and we can then see where that can manifest into bad, terrible, untenable behaviors.

Lulz one of the best ways to "grow up" is to start a family, you'll never have the time to fill in your life with useless groups to busy playing taxi, tutor etc.

Couldn't agree more with most of this, especially the last paragraph. These prophets though pick on the insecurities of those incapable of starting a family. Peterson's main schtick is to suggest women are only available to the wealthy, making these Incels feel even worse about themselves.

Surtur
YouTube itself and companies that partner with it are waking up to the affect these pundits or vloggers are having these vulnerable often physically or mentally I'll young men and censoring them, truthfully these opinion pieces would not pass mustard on traditional outlets... I do think Fox has been a gateway and training ground for many of these "prophets of the eright".

Perhaps. Sort of like how shitty places like Vox, Slate, and Salon have been training grounds for the alt left.

Putinbot1
Perhaps. Sort of like how shitty places like Vox, Slate, and Salon have been training grounds for the alt left. I personally don't read any of those or see SJW's, or Transgender people as important issues or women selecting who they choose as a problem. I do see poverty and disease as problems. But crack on.

Robtard
You see this is another aspect, like snake oil salesmen they are selling something that is real as a balm to soothe, which instead is really causing harm and making them money. Good point!

They are indeed and they don't have family or lover to provide a concrete purpose or faith to provide an abstract.

They are also often people who have experienced trauma, be it physical or mental. They cry out for purpose, they feel powerless and disenfranchised.

These tubers prey on them.

Worked for the Nazi party. Germans felt shattered and powerless after WWI, they preyed on that sentiment and used it as fuel to further the cause.

Though it should be pointed out that this strategy is far older.

Surtur
I personally don't read any of those or see SJW's, or Transgender people as important issues or women selecting who they choose as a problem.

They're no more or less of a problem than the alt right, incels, etc. that's for sure.

dadudemon
Worked for the Nazi party. Germans felt shattered and powerless after WWI, they preyed on that sentiment and used it as fuel to further the cause.

Though it should be pointed out that this strategy is far older.

Also a good point.

Unfortunately, we are not experiencing hyperinflation and our people are not starving in the streets by the loads like Post WWI Germany. The conditions do not exist to cultivate a Nazism-esque situation in the US.

Emperordmb
It's worth pointing out that despite the hatred Putinbot seems to have for Jordan Peterson, he's been saying much the same thing as Putin's been saying in this thread about how people with a void in their lives become radicalized and how it's a dangerous and self-destructive thing.

Emperordmb
It's also worth noting that the majority of people who speak to Peterson at his tours or lectures (myself included) thank him for helping them get their personal lives together, rather than focusing on how much he owns the lefties or whatever else. And that he's received plenty of letters from people who have been deradicalized from the far-left and the far-right due to his advice.

I mean shit, telling people advice like tell the truth, don't judge people on their identity, the adoption of personal responsibility in your life is where you find meaning, get yourself in order before you try and claim you can fix the world... that doesn't seem like a particularly radical, dangerous, or self-destructive message and yet it's being treated that way.

Emperordmb
Some atheists treat their atheism like a religion in itself.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/albums/p0ecbvjcpr4nrlo7b0d1nkbqqdrmcg6at?pid=6654585357216044866&oid=108306253800202493691

jaden_2.0
In fairness, RazorFist is extremely entertaining. Does great gaming content too. I do wish Sargon would do more of his history content. That was very well done and always extremely interesting. I guess it doesn't generate the revenue that railing against SJWs and feminists. I'd also say that most of them are excellent orators. Something their equivalents on the other end of the political spectrum lack. Matt Christiansen and Tim Pool always come across as intelligent and erudite even when I don't agree with their opinions.

They also seem to pick easy targets. Screaming skinhead gender fluid types aren't exactly representative of the actual left.

Flyattractor
RazorFist is the best.

Puts all those Loony Lefties in their place with ease.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Emperordmb
It's worth pointing out that despite the hatred Putinbot seems to have for Jordan Peterson, he's been saying much the same thing as Putin's been saying in this thread about how people with a void in their lives become radicalized and how it's a dangerous and self-destructive thing. and on your Birthday DMB, I want you to have a purpose too. Hope you score tonight lad!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.