Shaft (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
qW9lQAj3uos

riv6672
Shaft as a family comedy. Huh!
I do agree w. Shaft on his ass whooping philosophy, though.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by riv6672
Shaft as a family comedy. Huh!
I do agree w. Shaft on his ass whooping philosophy, though.

Absolutely. No place for sexism in John Shaft's world.

I've admittedly only seen bits-and-pieces of Richard Roundtree's original Shaft films, but I really liked the 2000 se-reboot-quell (Jeffrey Wright and Christian Bale of all people were a great villain duo). Also, I'm a sucker for Tim Story's Fantastic Four films, especially the first one. I'll give this one a go.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
qW9lQAj3uos

this looks hilariously good

Kazenji
Of course that previous trailer is deleted whoever it was that hosted it...anyway there's a 2nd trailer out

983L9QCui-w

riv6672
The role he was born to play.

-Pr-
Of course that previous trailer is deleted whoever it was that hosted it...anyway there's a 2nd trailer out

983L9QCui-w

laughing out loud Looks so good.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by riv6672
The role he was born to play.

Basically.

Flyattractor
Sequel to SLJ's first Shaft Movie?

riv6672
^^^i believe so yeah.

Kazenji
I like the Laurence Fishburne reference to the interview SLJ did.

riv6672
I never realized ppl confused them.

Flyattractor
People Confuse Jackson with Fishburne?

DAAA FUUUUHHH?!

-Pr-
It's been a running joke for years now. I think it really just picked up speed after the Matrix and Fishbourne became more famous.

riv6672

-Pr-

Kazenji
Critics hating on this movie over the films humor calling it sexist, homophobic, transphobic and its cheap millennial bashing.

steverules_2
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's been a running joke for years now. I think it really just picked up speed after the Matrix and Fishbourne became more famous.

I think it stemmed from an interview with SLJ, the guy interviewing him accidentally mistook him for Fishburne

Flyattractor
Critics hating on this movie over the films humor calling it sexist, homophobic, transphobic and its cheap millennial bashing.

This just went up a few notches on the "Must See List".

-Pr-

I'd rather have SLJ's sense of humour than theirs, I think.

Originally posted by steverules_2
I think it stemmed from an interview with SLJ, the guy interviewing him accidentally mistook him for Fishburne

lol, which time?

BruceSkywalker
will catch this in a few weeks if its still in theaters

-Pr-
Strange how outside the US it's on Netflix (debuts June 28th here), but I'll be watching it definitely.

Kazenji
Supposedly it's also getting a cinema release for Australia.

-Pr-
lol, that seems so random.

Kazenji
Going by whats on IMDB for the release dates, Hoping it's true.

Flyattractor
Ohhh I hear this Film is a Full On SJW Millennial Head Melter... Just Jumped Up A Lot of Notches on the Must See List!

Kazenji
^ Yeah it supposedly does and the movie critics are losing their shit over it.

TheVaultDweller
Eh, I heard again that the SJW stuff is actually more from the angle of being somewhat critical of elements of it, because I've seen some anti-SJW people praise the film.

And this is supported by the RT scores, as reviewers tend to side more with wokeness in these cases, 39% from critics but 94% from the audience.

TheVaultDweller
I've been looking at a few more reviews, out of curiosity. The movie is supposedly very funny. Jackson apparently takes it up to 11 with his performance. Though a lot of people also say the actual plot of the film is rather dumb.

I kind of want to watch this purely to see Sam hamming it up, as it's been a while since I have watched him do that in a film. He tends to be more restrained when playing characters like Nick Fury.

-Pr-
Watched it today. Enjoyed it. I recommend it if you're in to that kind of thing.

KingD19
It was absolutely hilarious.

Oliver Brown
Doing away with the blaxploitation format in favour of an action romcom had me feeling a little letdown, but this is a light and undemanding watch you might enjoy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.