How much more Productive would Society/Humanity be With out SEX? (Nods to Broly)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
Similar Question as to the other thread.

How Productive would Society/Humanity be if we DID NOT have a Continual or Permanent Sex Drive?

Say Humans were like K-9's ? What if Humans had a Sexual Season?

Say we only became Sexually Interested for one Month out of the year.

So for 11 months out of the year Sex just didn't enter into the equation at all.

How Productive would we be then?

BrolyBlack
Less productive, sex is a good thing and its natural. Plus sex is a less occurring activity, then video games, both parties have to be in the mood. A computer is a one way activity, its always available, it doesn't have feeling and does whatever you tell it to do.

Flyattractor
So you don't think we would be more Scientifically or Ethically Advanced with Out Sexual Thoughts Distracting us all the time?

BrolyBlack
Possibly but then people would probably be miserable.

Adam_PoE
Scarcity drives demand. If people were only sexually-viable during one month a year, then people would be more driven to have it. People would spend the other 11 months preparing for it, and there would be a magnification of social ills if people failed to make it happen.

Flyattractor
You think Sex DOESN'T make people "Miserable" ???

BrolyBlack
No I dont.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Scarcity drives demand. If people were only sexually-viable during one month a year, then people would be more driven to have it. People would spend the other 11 months preparing for it, and there would be a magnification of social ills if people failed to make it happen.

No. That is your SEX Drive Talking.

You are THINKING with it. Which is kind of the Point of the Thread.

Stop thinking with your Little Adam for a few minutes if you can Adam.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No. That is your SEX Drive Talking.

You are THINKING with it. Which is kind of the Point of the Thread.

Stop thinking with your Little Adam for a few minutes if you can Adam.

The current lack of productivity you perceive due to sex, is not just because of the time spent during the actual sex. It is all the time spent on everything to obtain sex: acquiring resources, improving their appearance, etc.

If people were only sexually-viable one month a year, competition for sex will go through the roof. People will go to greater lengths to increase their chances at having sex. People will live at work and in the gym and in plastic surgeons' offices.

And if you are an incel, who is dejected by your inability to obtain sex when it is available 365 days a year, you are going to be in an even more extreme place when it is only available for 30 days, and the competition is stronger than before.

Robtard
If?

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Surtur
The better question is how much less productive is society going to be once we perfect sex-bots?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
The better question is how much less productive is society going to be once we perfect sex-bots?

Seems like an interesting concept.

But the moment it malfunctions and clenches a wiener off, they'll be banned or regulated in placed like Australia and the UK. smile

cdtm
Just look at Vulcan.

Completely suppressed all emotion. Planet gets destroyed.

BrolyBlack
Same as Krypton

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
No I dont.

Never been in a relationship have you..

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The current lack of productivity you perceive due to sex, is not just because of the time spent during the actual sex. It is all the time spent on everything to obtain sex: acquiring resources, improving their appearance, etc.

If people were only sexually-viable one month a year, competition for sex will go through the roof. People will go to greater lengths to increase their chances at having sex. People will live at work and in the gym and in plastic surgeons' offices.

And if you are an incel, who is dejected by your inability to obtain sex when it is available 365 days a year, you are going to be in an even more extreme place when it is only available for 30 days, and the competition is stronger than before.

Once again it is OBVIOUS You are unable to wrap your head around new concepts. But then I am not surprised that Adam has a really crappy imagination.
But then it is very obvious SEX is the Most determining Factor of your personality.

Sad really. But then if Society didn't put such an overblown importance on the subject I would expect a better answer out of you.

But then I am reminded of what a selfish and horrible person you are at Heart Adam.

I don't feel Pity for you, but I have Pity for You.

Putinbot1
Never been in a relationship have you..

Once again it is OBVIOUS You are unable to wrap your head around new concepts. But then I am not surprised that Adam has a really crappy imagination.
But then it is very obvious SEX is the Most determining Factor of your personality.

Sad really. But then if Society didn't put such an overblown importance on the subject I would expect a better answer out of you.

But then I am reminded of what a selfish and horrible person you are at Heart Adam.

I don't feel Pity for you, but I have Pity for You. Ghengis Khan was pretty productive and he enjoyed sex. Be like Ghengis without the rape and killing.

Flyattractor
Is that what you do on your Multi Country Escapades?

Putinbot1
Is that what you do on your Multi Country Escapades? Nah, I'm always a one woman at a time guy, I have a Saudi Friend who has four wives at present and actually has had to divorce so he can marry again, he thinks he's the luckiest man in the world... I'm not so sure.

MythLord
Originally posted by dadudemon
Seems like an interesting concept.

But the moment it malfunctions and clenches a wiener off, they'll be banned or regulated in placed like Australia and the UK. smile
I imagine they'd make the genitals of the sex-bots softer, so as to prevent such a thing. Who'd want to fvck a steel-hard vagina or have the equivalent of a metal pipe shoved up their hole?

Mindship
Let's see: given that people are becoming more and more self-absorbed, as enabled by advancing (and increasingly cheaper) tech, I predict that, at some point, bio men and women will stop having sex with each other ("It's too much trouble"wink, and the human race will eventually breed itself down to a fraction of its current population.

This will likely be good for the environment, but bad for business/quarterly profits ... except for those companies manufacturing sexbots.

"Harmony and me
We're pretty good company
Looking for an island
In our boat upon the sea
Harmony, gee I really love you
And I want to love you forever
And dream of the never, never, never leaving harmony"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcDWigVV6tA

As a side note, I've always wondered: how much more productive, and simpler, would our society be if we were kind to one another?

Flyattractor
The Holodeck will be the True End of Humanity.

THANKS STAR TREK!

Mindship
The Holodeck will be the True End of Humanity.

THANKS STAR TREK! Holodeck ---> Matrix.

Flyattractor
Holodeck

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x12/thebiggoodbye_hd_035.jpg

Matrix

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nHeKLNraWT0/T35P97kZr4I/AAAAAAAAALY/JdxDkHNux6U/s1600/figure+6.6.jpg

Nuff Said.

BrolyBlack

Flyattractor
You tell me yours I will tell you mine.

Mindship
Holodeck

Matrix

Nuff Said. Tough to argue with them gams. Then again...

https://www.theplace2.ru/photos/Matrix-Revolutions-md1489/pic-51463.html

(...as long as you don't wake up)

Flyattractor
Holodeck I can turn off and on when I want...Matrix...NOT SO MUCH!

That and with the Holodeck...I get to keep my eyebrows and only have hoses shoved up orifices if I want them to be there...

again.... The Matrix.....

BrolyBlack

Flyattractor
Bout a week and a half.

Mindship
Holodeck I can turn off and on when I want...Matrix...NOT SO MUCH!

That and with the Holodeck...I get to keep my eyebrows and only have hoses shoved up orifices if I want them to be there...

again.... The Matrix..... That's why you don't want to wake up.

Yeah, holodeck definitely easier on the body. But I could see humans getting more and more invested in faux realities until they want complete immersion, ie, virtual reality. And from there, a matrix-type situation might evolve (in other words, the holodeck begins the slippery slope to eventual VR enslavement).

Now that I'm thinking about it: did the Federation ever consider virtual realities? I mean, why a holodeck? More naturally social? And did any crew member ever use the holodeck to alter their form? Eg, what if Data wanted to be an 8yo girl, or a bear, or a car? This would be no problem with VR.

Flyattractor
Yeah well that is kind of the THING! (this should really be its own thread cause I can see some Mod being all Off Topic Whiny now) just because you Do Not Want Something to Happen Doesn't mean it WON'T Happen.

Say for example a power outage or computer crash... On the Holodeck that is a "Aww Crap" Moment...

With the Matrix it is more of a "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Moment...

So I still choose Holodeck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.