For Legacy books, outside of the Thrawn Trilogy and Rogue Squadron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
..what else is worth reading?

I've read Courtship of Princess Leia and The Crystal Star, and my god... my GOD were those bad. Just awful, awful stories. Courtship was bad fanfic where Han abducts Leia by violating her mind, and wins a planet full of Rancor riding witch's in a card game. Crystal Star I don't even really remember, because it was that bad..

Tales of the Bounty Hunters was alright. I liked Dengar's story, and how Boba Fett kept killing IG-88.

I liked Shadows of the Empire.

Young Han Solo was forgettable. Very bland.

And that's about all I've read. I heard the NJO was godawful in general. Everything else is said to be worse..

Geistalt
Legacy?

You mean Legends?

Darth Plagueis and the RotS novelization are good.

cdtm
Yeah, Legends.

I wanted to get into NJO, because of the Yuuzhan Vong, but that's a lot of novels if the series isn't that good.

Kurll
Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor is pretty good.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Legends.

I wanted to get into NJO, because of the Yuuzhan Vong, but that's a lot of novels if the series isn't that good. They are. And they also have Nyax and then TUF as a payoff. Suck it up fukhead.

The Darth Caedus shit after The Dark Nest is gay though. I really liked Fate of The Jedi.

CuckedCurry
Your sig is still peak, 10/10

gold slorg
NJO is great if you want the galaxy in a real, full-scale, terrifying war. The only series to do the horror of what war is properly.

Everywhere else it feels more like a fairytale. NJO is the full horror, size and sacrifice of real war. It has few weak books (around 5 imo), but also some of the best gems ever, ended with The Unifying Force which may be the best ending there could have been to Star Wars. EU should have ended with TUF, really.

CuckedCurry

Galan007
Read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

DarthCaedus77
Read New Jedi Order, Dark Nest and Legacy Of The Force.

Kurll
Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Read New Jedi Order, Dark Nest.

thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by One Big Mob
They are. And they also have Nyax and then TUF as a payoff. Suck it up fukhead.

The Darth Caedus shit after The Dark Nest is gay though. I really liked Fate of The Jedi.

Leia's a *****. And she's stupid.

Those Z-95 Headhunters could have shot her down, if Wurth didn't do his Maverick thing.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Galan007
Read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.
thumb up

Raptor22
If u liked the thrawn trilogy id suggest reading Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future. Zahn continues Thrawns story in the 2 books and they are pretty good reads. And if ur really into thrawn u could also read Outbound Flight which tells the earlier story of how thrawn meets both the empire and jorrus cboath. Tbh the book kind of sucks but it has alot of interesting info if u like the characters. Then finaly the book Survivors Quest wraps up the outbound flight/Thrawn story lines, and is an overall better read than outbound flight.

Other than that some of the better books are Dark Rendezvou and Plagueis (like others mentioned), Labyrinth of Evil whose ending leads into the beginning of RotS, and Shadows of the Empire which leads into ESB.

They might not be the greatest novels ever written but The Jedi Academy trilogy are fun reads too, and if u like those then id defiantly suggest reading I, Jedi. It tells the origin story of Corran Horn and retcons him into the JA trilogy, and its just an overall good book imho.

As for the later stories/series its kind of hard to suggest just one or two books because the Vong, Fate of the Jedi, and Legacy of the Force, are all long running series rather than stories told in 1, 2 or 3 books. So u kind of have to read the whole series beginning to end or u will miss alot of stuff.

NewGuy01
TL;DR

Read everythng by Zahn, Luceno, and Stover. Also read Dark Rendezvous and Shadows of the Empire.

CuckedCurry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.