And so once again, videogames get blamed for mass shootings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
lb6EVR4QjrE

jaden_2.0
The solution?

Stop electing old idiots.

cdtm
Going slightly off topic, how's this for a startup idea:

An augmented reality app, just like Pokemon Go. Take pictures of all your friends. Then it puts them into all kinds of games. Like an arcade shooter. Or a beat 'em up. Or an FPS! Happy Dance

Flyattractor
Lets us not look at the Games Our Children Play but let us look at the Parents and Schools and Institutions that Raise our Children instead.

As our Society becomes More Secularized it seems the WORSE things get...Why is that?

Emperordmb
The solution? STOP TAXING PEOPLE FOR STUPID SHIT

People's lives are just that, their lives

**** this government fetishism is painful

Silent Master
If video games actually caused violence, there would only be about 20,000 people in the United States.

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Silent Master
If video games actually caused violence, there would only be about 20,000 people in the United States.
Not neccessarily

Silent Master
You're right, it would probably be closer to 3,000

MythLord
Originally posted by Silent Master
You're right, it would probably be closer to 3,000
thumb upthumb upthumb up

Putinbot1
For vulnerable people lots of things could be a trigger, video games are just one. We can't blame just the games. It's much more likely in combination with depression, lack of purpose, lack of sex, exposure to radical political ideas through YouTube etc. The more boxes we can tick for a person, the more vulnerable to an episode they are.

Putinbot1
The more stake an individual has to society, the more anchored to it's values said individual is. This point isn't political, although I do think rightists because of their sense of entitlement are more fragile when they don't get what they want. This is why these kids are usually fun loving, white virgins or recently rejected.

cdtm
I never really felt the violence in games was "real". Not like movie violence, or No Holds Barred fighting.

Probably because the brain is smart enough to realize nothing in video games is real, while cinema and television makes every effort to convince you it it real.

Impediment
Video games are a cop out excuse just like Dungeons & Dragons, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, and paintball.

cdtm
And how is a tax an appropriate response to a real "problem"?

This is what you call a money grab. I believe the political term is "Squeeze Bill", or a bill designed to extract money out of businesses. Something I learned watching local politics on public access.

ArtificialGlory
Same old, same ****ing old.

samhain
Games didn't start to get violent until I was a teenager, but the games of my childhood definitely had an influence on people, Princesses were always being kidnapped and taken off to magical realms in my neighbourhood.

Silent Master
Americans play billions of hours of video games a year, so if video games actually caused violence. why aren't our crime rates much higher than when violent video games didn't exist?

Surtur
If video games caused violence we'd have seen a massive increase in hookers getting beat to death with baseball bats.

snowdragon
Originally posted by samhain
Games didn't start to get violent until I was a teenager, but the games of my childhood definitely had an influence on people, Princesses were always being kidnapped and taken off to magical realms in my neighbourhood.

Wizards101, my kid is going to straight up terrifying due to this game of constant killing for objectives!

gauntlet o doom
There mustn't have been any violence before video games were invented.

Surtur
Up until the age of 10 I thought the only way to kill someone was to repeatedly jump on top of their head.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur
Up until the age of 10 I thought the only way to kill someone was to repeatedly jump on top of their head.

And throwing turtles at them.

MythLord
Originally posted by snowdragon
Wizards101, my kid is going to straight up terrifying due to this game of constant killing for objectives!
Oh Lord, Wizard101... my fvcking nostalgia just kicked in.

I remember playing it and getting the urge to summon random mythical creatures to kill my enemies.

Jmanghan
Steve-O and the Grumps talk about the "link" or lack thereof of the connection between violence in video games and violence in real life:

YLREkrpbW9s

BackFire
Originally posted by Surtur

Well that's still probably the most enjoyable way to do it. Not terribly efficient, though.

samhain
Originally posted by BackFire
Well that's still probably the most enjoyable way to do it. Not terribly efficient, though.

Well that really depends on the foot-to-head ratio.

cdtm
I was too busy dancing around clouds filled with coins to try hurting anyone.

That, and a lot of magic mushrooms.

MythLord
I wonder what video games kids were playing back in ye old days when they lynched blacks, burned women, and regularly fvkced each others cousins...
I bet Nintendo made a fortune back then.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by MythLord
I wonder what video games kids were playing back in ye old days when they lynched blacks, burned women, and regularly fvkced each others cousins...
I bet Nintendo made a fortune back then.

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2018/02/badgame.jpg?resize=933,913

cdtm
Games were actually pretty violent back then:

TJJzFmB9QIA

The games called "shooting gallery", and you shoot circus animals in cages. Even has circus music while you put a bullet in "Bobo."

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
Games were actually pretty violent back then:

TJJzFmB9QIA

The games called "shooting gallery", and you shoot circus animals in cages. Even has circus music while you put a bullet in "Bobo."

"Put a Bullet In Bobo"...

Cool Band Name.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.