Shelob vs. MCU Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Civil War Cap

Who wins

BruceSkywalker
who inn the world is Shelob

carthage
the Spider spirit in Return of the King who attacked Frodo

Robtard
Cap would win, imo.

A few hits from the edge of his shield to Shelob's head would be devastating, he could also easily remove limbs with a single swipe of the shield as he's cut through high tensile strength steel cables with it. (CA:CW)

I'd also question whether Shelob's paralyzing poison would work on Cap considering his body's superhuman ability to filter and neutralize toxins/inebriating compounds. (CA:TFA)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who inn the world is Shelob

One of the Children of Ungoliant.

You haven't watched The Lord of the Rings?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
One of the Children of Ungoliant.

You haven't watched The Lord of the Rings?

i have , but years ago.. i've forgotten a lot of the characters fro the film

Jmanghan
Sam would've won without the light.

If Sam can do it, so can Cap.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Sam would've won without the light.

If Sam can do it, so can Cap.

I was going to point out something similar, but you beat me to it. Captain America >>>>> Samwise Gamgee. So, if he could give Shelob problems, Steve should win rather easily IMO.

John Murdoch
For all the reasons Robtard mentioned, Steve comes out on top and looks good doing it.

Impediment
Cap stomps.

ares834
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I was going to point out something similar, but you beat me to it. Captain America >>>>> Samwise Gamgee. So, if he could give Shelob problems, Steve should win rather easily IMO.

In fairness, Shelob's weakness is light and the Phial contains the most pure and powerful light there is.

Cap still wins tho.

steverules_2
Originally posted by John Murdoch
For all the reasons Robtard mentioned, Steve comes out on top and looks good doing it.

Damn right I do

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by ares834
In fairness, Shelob's weakness is light and the Phial contains the most pure and powerful light there is.

Cap still wins tho.

Yeah, but Steve has his pure inner Cap light, fueled by the power of being a century-old virgin, that shines through. big grin

Seriously though, if the guy can casually stomp a Quinjet (which is a large, bulletproof, flying opponent with a mounted minigun), I can't see a giant spider posing too much of a threat, unless Steve acts like an idiot, which is highly unlikely for an in-character Cap.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834

Cap still wins tho. Sam was doing really well for awhile without the light though.

IIRC he crippled one of Shelob's legs and was holding his own pretty well.

Flyattractor
Yes but to be honest most of the LOTR Badguys were pretty unimpressive. Make this Cap vs The Balrog and then we got a fight.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes but to be honest most of the LOTR Badguys were pretty unimpressive. Make this Cap vs The Balrog and then we got a fight. Cap is no Gandalf, my man, I'd argue he's not even an Aragorn.

Flyattractor
LOTR was too influecned by the Hercules TV show crews that kind of did the fights and stunt work in the movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.