CA Gov Scraps High Speed Rail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Link

They built this up for years, now its all over.

Robtard
Good, the cost and timeline kept getting more and more out of touch. Maybe in the near future though with cos saving technology and such.

Surtur
This makes me think about the monorail from The Simpsons.

Silent Master
Doesn't the green new deal call for thousands of high speed rails?

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master

They wanna build high speed trains so flying isn't as necessary lol.

Their goals are noble, but the GND is a classic example of someone's heart being in the right place and their head being in the wrong place.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Silent Master

I know Hawaii is looking forward to this miracle technology eek!

jaden_2.0
Shame. The US rail system is pretty terrible compared to other developed countries.

Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/3orieZJDx3QGQ7ryVi/giphy.gif

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Shame. The US rail system is pretty terrible compared to other developed countries.

We definitely need, but the know-how and oversight is grossly lacking it seems.

eg Less than two years ago they finished the Sonoma-Marin train here, it took far longer and was far costlier than expected with a much shorter service area than initially promised. They're planning on expanding, but that's years away still.

SquallX

jaden_2.0
Think it'd be cost prohibitive for the US to build railways to every country in Europe.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-15-2014/ge7JwA.gif

Surtur
We need a system of tubes, like Mario uses. I demand tube related travel within a decade!

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur
We need a system of tubes, like Mario uses. I demand tube related travel within a decade!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/familyguy/images/d/da/Tubes.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20060904023301

StyleTime
It's unfortunate it didn't pan out, as it was supposedly going to improve a lot of smaller or struggling cities between here and ol' San Fran.

So, ya know....R.I.P. Fresno. We hardly knew ye.

Fresno ranks No. 2 in the nation for cities with the highest rates of extreme poverty.

StyleTime
Bullet train carried promise of a more prosperous Fresno. Those hopes have been derailed

Edit time limit passrd.

Tzeentch
Wasn't Gavin a proponent for the train initially? I don't recall.

Either way it's probably for the best that it's gone. It was a huge mess, and there's more urgent things to spend money on.

BrolyBlack
Trump just yanked back a $1 billion grant from California for this failed projectlaughing out loud

The governor who canceled it himself doesn't want to give it back, what a thief.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/politics/california-high-speed-rail-cancel-grant/index.html

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Trump just yanked back a $1 billion grant from California for this failed projectlaughing out loud

The governor who canceled it himself doesn't want to give it back, what a thief.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/politics/california-high-speed-rail-cancel-grant/index.html

"The department added in a statement that it "is actively exploring every legal option to seek the return from California of $2.5 billion in Federal funds (Federal Railroad Administration) previously granted for this now-defunct project."

El oh el.

jaden_2.0

Wouldn't you want your state governor to fight to keep every penny they could get from central government?

Surtur
So now the left is in favor of states rights?

Does that apply to abortion too?

BrolyBlack
Wouldn't you want your state governor to fight to keep every penny they could get from central government?

Liberals believe in massive federal government, practice what you preach.

jaden_2.0
So now the left is in favor of states rights?

Does that apply to abortion too?

I notice neither of you actually answered the question but resorted to strawmanning into entirely unrelated points.

Some on here would call that deflection.

Robtard
It's all they have.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
*Why

Robtard

BrolyBlack
Your deflection has been noted as you didn’t answer the question.

jaden_2.0

You still haven't either.

Robtard

Not a deflection as that question has already been answered: California could use that money elsewhere and it's the Governor's job to secure as much money for the state as he can. If he can't oh well, but he should try.

BrolyBlack

Adam_PoE

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
It's all they have.

I love this post, it's so lacking in self awareness it's hilarious.

SquallX

Surtur
I notice neither of you actually answered the question but resorted to strawmanning into entirely unrelated points.

Some on here would call that deflection.

Great satire thumb up

Adam_PoE
Liberals believe in massive federal government, practice what you preach.

Democrats are for policies that help people. If those policies reduce the size of government, great. If those policies expand the size of government, that is fine too. Only Republicans are preoccupied with the size of government.

They are the perfect example of post-policy policy-making: they do not care if the tax laws are fair, only if your entire return can fit on one side of a postcard. It is why they were unable to come up with a replacement for the PPACA; because there is not a way to solve a problem as big as health care without government intervention.

Trump, himself said his presidency should not be evaluated by how many bills he advances, but by how many he eliminates, without respect to whether the bills he eliminates actually help people, so long as there are now fewer laws. They start with a position, and try to work backwards to justify it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Democrats are for policies that help people. If those policies reduce the size of government, great. If those policies expand the size of government, that is fine too. Only Republicans are preoccupied with the size of government.

They are the perfect example of post-policy policy-making: they do not care if the tax laws are fair, only if your entire return can fit on one side of a postcard. It is why they were unable to come up with a replacement for the PPACA; because there is not a way to solve a problem as big as health care without government intervention.

Trump, himself said his presidency should not be evaluated by how many bills he advances, but by how many he eliminates, without respect to whether the bills he eliminates actually help people, so long as there are now fewer laws. They start with a position, and try to work backwards to justify it.

Lol wasn't there something recent with schools and they rejected a plan cuz it allowed disabled or bullied kids to get money for private schools?

jaden_2.0
I think you need a rest, mate.

Adam_PoE
Lol wasn't there something recent with schools and they rejected a plan cuz it allowed disabled or bullied kids to get money for private schools?

I have no idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.