Super Mario Maker 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I AM SO ****ING EXCITED MAN!!!!!!!

AjJWzJC8Kfk

Bentley
This is my favorite non-pokemon series, so I'm really hyped to have it in my hands and waste time on this hard

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bentley
This is my favorite non-pokemon series, so I'm really hyped to have it in my hands and waste time on this hard Yeah, me too. People kept complaining about the slopes and... low-and-behold. There they are, in the first 10 seconds of the trailer.

So many new things and when it's released it's going to have even MORE. Super hype.

Bentley
Yep, showing the slopes immediately was aimed to the fans of the first game big grin

Man, I hope they do right by this game and give it proper online functionality. It'd be cool if they made a "Super Mario Player" that allowed you to connect to your friends levels and play them even if you don't own the SMM2 software (or play a couple of random ones daily). That'd be heaven sent to give the game visibility

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bentley
Yep, showing the slopes immediately was aimed to the fans of the first game big grin

Man, I hope they do right by this game and give it proper online functionality. It'd be cool if they made a "Super Mario Player" that allowed you to connect to your friends levels and play them even if you don't own the SMM2 software (or play a couple of random ones daily). That'd be heaven sent to give the game visibility Maybe we'll have multiplayer like in the New Super Mario Bros. game?

Smasandian
Probably not.

It's probably going to be a bigger version of the first.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Probably not.

It's probably going to be a bigger version of the first. There were tons of new mechanics, multiplayer is just another "mechanic" of a video game like any other.

Aside from the new stuff that you can create with, there's also new mechanics added to the game outright that can change the way you play.

Smasandian
What new mechanics?

It's Mario and it's a Mario builder. I'm assuming they are just adding the missing Mario mechanics that were not present in the first game. I don't think they are going to fundamentally change the gameplay of Mario for it's builder. That wouldn't make much sense.

Jmanghan
What new mechanics?

It's Mario and it's a Mario builder. I'm assuming they are just adding the missing Mario mechanics that were not present in the first game. I don't think they are going to fundamentally change the gameplay of Mario for it's builder. That wouldn't make much sense. They already have, as shown in the video.

Mario Maker was one of the biggest mario releases ever, and people critiqued the hell out of it.

Smasandian
So how are they fundamentally changing the gameplay mechanics?

Jmanghan
So how are they fundamentally changing the gameplay mechanics? For one, using the cat suit, I saw a bit of climbing, the clear pipes providing on-screen travel, etc.

Hitting blocks to create new forms of travel besides the beanstalks. Also, there's too many hints of multiplayer to ignore it.

Toad, Mario, Luigi appear in one screenshot, plus 3D World elements.

If you can't notice any BRAND NEW things in the video, I don't know what to tell you.

Smasandian
This isn't new. It's just elements from different Mario games.

Inhuman
This isn't new. It's just elements from different Mario games.

How is this different from other franchises that release pretty much the same game just with new updated pretty graphics.
New GTA, with better graphics, pretty much the same game as before.
New Call of Duty, same thing, etc, etc.
Plus this is a build your own world/levels type of game.

Jmanghan
This isn't new. It's just elements from different Mario games. Doing it in a 2D environment makes it new smile

Jmanghan
REdhEgovhAU
kMxmq3bhSuw
Dn-Ao_5EQMw

Jmanghan
x66vguSN8Rk

I'm sorry, WHAT?

cdtm
Mario Maker, A.K.A. "The try and upload an impossible level to win" game.

Smasandian
I bought this and rarely played it. It doesn't have the same draw as the first.

Jmanghan
I bought this and rarely played it. It doesn't have the same draw as the first. Because of the lacking amiibo costumes and codes?

Because the game is pretty much superior in every absolute way you can think of.

Smasandian
Nothing really.

There was something special about Super Mario Maker and how well it turned. The second game is superior with all the added options but it's not exciting anymore.

It's just Super Mario Maker with added stuff. That's isn't a bad thing and I know there is some games I enjoy that fall in that category but I just didn't really care.

Jmanghan
Nothing really.

There was something special about Super Mario Maker and how well it turned. The second game is superior with all the added options but it's not exciting anymore.

It's just Super Mario Maker with added stuff. That's isn't a bad thing and I know there is some games I enjoy that fall in that category but I just didn't really care. I guess it has less personality, all the different pointers, shaking objects so they'd change, now you just click and select. Though they seriously did go all out with this one, it's barely even started to add serious content yet, and the base version is already 10x larger.

Smasandian
I guess so.

I just remember playing the first game at my friends house. I fell in love with it because it was so cool and exciting. I didn't expect I would have so much fun building Mario levels.

Nintendo could of made a game that went past just making levels. They could of brought in the ability to make World Maps. Allow you to build an entire Mario game....that would of been sweet.

And requiring you to have Nintendo Online is a pain. I understand paying for MP is something all companies do but the fundamental gameplay mechanic of Mario Maker is to upload and an download levels. Nintendo Online is basically a requirement.

Jmanghan
Super Mario Maker 1 on Wii U is shutting down it's online service, FYI:
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53854

That sucks :/

Jmanghan
Nintendo could of made a game that went past just making levels. They could of brought in the ability to make World Maps. Allow you to build an entire Mario game....that would of been sweet.

...-Cough-

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I AM SO ****ING EXCITED MAN!!!!!!!

AjJWzJC8Kfk

This is even worse then Pokemon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.