Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening HD Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Not a remaster my friends... O-HO-HO NOOOO.

WE HAVE OURSELVES A FULLY-FLEDGED REMAKE!

_U-_XfDGgDw

Also Nintendo, stop with the anime Zelda cock-teasing.

Arachnid1
I never got to play Awakening. One of the only 2D Zeldas I couldn't get my hands on. Damn, I'm hyped

ares834

Jmanghan
Arlo (Nintendo Youtuber) was none too pleased at it either.

I think it looks good, BUT I don't think it fits the Zelda art style.

They should have made it an upscaled Link Between Worlds with better graphics.

Reminds me of 3D Dot Game Heroes a bit, which is a good thing imo, but I agree. I can't put my finger on it but there's something just weirdly off about it. It doesn't look cheap to me, high production values are clear, but meh... Idk.

Regardless, game looks like it's gonna be amazing.

victreebelvictr

Inhuman
Looking forward to this. I think graphics for Zelda remakes should look similar to Wind Waker HD. They have the tech to do it. Even if its a top down view and even on a 3ds it could be possible, let alone the Switch.

cdtm
Oh, yuck.

Is this a mobile game? I mean, I'm not one to complain, but that looks like a bad indy ripoff of Zelda.

For all the bad things you could say about Nintendo, I thought they had the highest standards.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Oh, yuck.

Is this a mobile game? I mean, I'm not one to complain, but that looks like a bad indy ripoff of Zelda.

For all the bad things you could say about Nintendo, I thought they had the highest standards. It looks gorgeous, imo.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
It looks gorgeous, imo. It looks great graphically (it looks like a real life toy set come to life), but what he's trying to say is that he's not sold on the art direction. I'm in the same boat. It won't stop me from buying it or being hyped, but they should have gone with a different style

cdtm
That's it exactly. The art is really... rendered.

Not at all the style expected of Zelda.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Arachnid1
It looks great graphically (it looks like a real life toy set come to life), but what he's trying to say is that he's not sold on the art direction. I'm in the same boat. It won't stop me from buying it or being hyped, but they should have gone with a different style I agree.

Smasandian
I'm not a big fan of the art design either. Graphically, yes...it looks good and with a lot more detail.

But yeah....not digging the art design at all.

However, Links Awakening was amazing when I was in Grade 3/4 and I played a **** ton of it. Looking forward to seeing if this is actually good or not.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not a big fan of the art design either. Graphically, yes...it looks good and with a lot more detail.

But yeah....not digging the art design at all.

However, Links Awakening was amazing when I was in Grade 3/4 and I played a **** ton of it. Looking forward to seeing if this is actually good or not. I'm sure the art style will grow on us, it's already starting to grow on me.

I think its more of us being accustomed to Wind Waker and Link Between World's, toon link is tiny link, and this dude is just different, so it bothers us.

Smasandian
Meh..

I wonder if this game will be full price...it's not that big of a game.

cdtm
Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh..

I wonder if this game will be full price...it's not that big of a game.

It's Nintendo. It will be full price, with a triple price collectors edition that includes a poster, map, and tin.

Surtur
Have they remade Link to the past yet?

ares834
No. And why would they? ALTTP still looks and plays well to this day.

Inhuman
A Link Between Worlds is a remake of a Link to the Past.

ares834

Inhuman
Ive played both. They both have the exact same map. The dungeons are in the same places. Aside from the graphics and a few other changes. Its the same game.

This isnt the case for OOT and Twilight Princess. The map and dungeons and pretty much everything else is different. Besides a very few things people try to connect between the 2 games.
Link between worlds and Link to the past are 95% the same game.

ares834
Yet the dungeons are completely different. Plus you can do them in any order due to the item rental mechanic. Yes, the map is very similar but, for me at least, the core of the Zelda games is usually the dungeons and here they play completely differently.

Inhuman
Originally posted by ares834
Yet the dungeons are completely different. Plus you can do them in any order due to the item rental mechanic. Yes, the map is very similar but, for me at least, the core of the Zelda games is usually the dungeons and here they play completely differently.

Thinking back, you are actually right.
But it's still about 70-80% the same game.

Jmanghan
The point is that this game is friggen awesome regardless.

Jmanghan
lyIbR9kxdYs

Looking forward to making my own dungeons smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.