Bezos and Amazon bails out of New York

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Bailout

Robtard

Surtur

Robtard
^Typical coping and deflecting.

Emperordmb
hmmmm, I wonder why people would leave New York?

Hopefully the people bailing out of New York and California don't just go somewhere else and try and reintroduce all the policies that made them **** off from those places in the first place.

jaden_2.0
**** you, Gonzo. Bezos had space ships to build. Who else is gonna build them?

Robtard
Elon Musk?

jaden_2.0
Pfft. He's just trying to get home.

dadudemon
What happens if taxes are done differently under a Fair Tax system?

Then what happens?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by dadudemon
What happens if taxes are done differently under a Fair Tax system?

Then what happens?

The people who have the means to avoid the taxes now will still have the means to avoid them then.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
^Typical coping and deflecting.

Calm down.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
The people who have the means to avoid the taxes now will still have the means to avoid them then.

Probably. But under the Fair Tax Plan, corporate and personal income tax goes away.

Surtur
Probably. But under the Fair Tax Plan, corporate and personal income tax goes away.

I'm curious...people always talk about the rich getting tax breaks, but surely they all don't get them. Who pays a majority of taxes? Isn't it the wealthy? They still contribute the most I'd guess.

This doesn't mean corporations with a lot of power like Amazon aren't disturbing, but people act like every single wealthy person in the country isn't paying a dime in taxes.

BrolyBlack

Robtard

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm curious...people always talk about the rich getting tax breaks, but surely they all don't get them. Who pays a majority of taxes? Isn't it the wealthy? They still contribute the most I'd guess.

The people who pay the largest share of their income in taxes are people like Whirly and I. We make enough money to get taxed a lot. But not enough money to acquire massive tax saving things such as boats and multiple rental properties.

But the people who pay the majority of taxes are still the top 10%.

This doesn't mean corporations with a lot of power like Amazon aren't disturbing, but people act like every single wealthy person in the country isn't paying a dime in taxes.

Corporate taxes to the Fed.Gov.? How much did Amazon pay? If it was 0, then, no, they didn't pay. Perhaps the individual execs at Amazon paid taxes, but if they had 0 corp taxes, no, they didn't pay them.

This is why people are advocating for the Fair Tax system. Companies still pay. They can't use deductions to cheat the system. They also talked about people bring in their secret savings from outside the US.

Surtur
The people who pay the largest share of their income in taxes are people like Whirly and I. We make enough money to get taxed a lot. But not enough money to acquire massive tax saving things such as boats and multiple rental properties.

But the people who pay the majority of taxes are still the top 10%.

Corporate taxes to the Fed.Gov.? How much did Amazon pay? If it was 0, then, no, they didn't pay. Perhaps the individual execs at Amazon paid taxes, but if they had 0 corp taxes, no, they didn't pay them.

This is why people are advocating for the Fair Tax system. Companies still pay. They can't use deductions to cheat the system. They also talked about people bring in their secret savings from outside the US.

So would you consider yourself middle class? Or in that weird area where you're not middle class, but not exactly rich either? Upper class, I guess lol.

dadudemon
So would you consider yourself middle class? Or in that weird area where you're not middle class, but not exactly rich either? Upper class, I guess lol.

Upper middle class.

I pay significantly more in federal taxes each year than the lowest quintile of household income.

If I was allowed to keep even half of that, I would call myself "rich."

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
*Trump

Robtard
@broly Bezos is a scumbag billionaire. He's fully aware of his company's shady practices but those shady practices make him and Amazon's top share holders richer. Amazon is what, one of two or three traded companies valued at over a trillion dollars? He didn't get Amazon there by doing the moral thing.

dadudemon
@broly Bezos is a scumbag billionaire. He's fully aware of his company's shady practices but those shady practices make him and Amazon's top share holders richer. Amazon is what, one of two or three traded companies valued at over a trillion dollars? He didn't get Amazon there by doing the moral thing.

That reminds me.

Do you want to invoice all large companies for any welfare their employees have to use (up to 2 children but not more because, holy shit, stop making babies if you're poor you moron)?

I think that would be amazing. Watch how wages skyrocket to livable wages. Watch how lobbyists now try and get the Federal Poverty Level to drastically increase so they can avoid having to pay more taxes for all the bills the rest of us are paying so their underpaid workers can eat. smile

Edit - This wouldn't be necessary at all with the Fair Tax System, FYI. Everyone would get a rebate. That would be similar to having a UBI.

jaden_2.0

It's often argued that the richest 1% pay 30% of the income tax which obviously sounds like they pay more than their share but it's less reported that they have over 50% of the wealth.

Although wealth and income are obviously 2 different measures.

jaden_2.0
Upper middle class.

I pay significantly more in federal taxes each year than the lowest quintile of household income.

If I was allowed to keep even half of that, I would call myself "rich."

Are you externally contracted by your employer or directly employed?

Could probably keep a lot more of those taxes if the former by having the money paid into your own company and loaning it to yourself instead of paying yourself a salary. Better still, register your home address as your business address and claim back taxes on stuff you buy for your house under business expenses.

Robtard
That reminds me.

Do you want to invoice all large companies for any welfare their employees have to use (up to 2 children but not more because, holy shit, stop making babies if you're poor you moron)?

I think that would be amazing. Watch how wages skyrocket to livable wages. Watch how lobbyists now try and get the Federal Poverty Level to drastically increase so they can avoid having to pay more taxes for all the bills the rest of us are paying so their underpaid workers can eat. smile

Edit - This wouldn't be necessary at all with the Fair Tax System, FYI. Everyone would get a rebate. That would be similar to having a UBI.

You'd sink Walmart doing that, iirc, a large number (comparatively) of their employees also collect some form of welfare benefit to be able to survive

dadudemon
You'd sink Walmart doing that, iirc, a large number (comparatively) of their employees also collect some form of welfare benefit to be able to survive

I see your point but raise you this counterpoint:

vAcaeLmybCY

And raise you this research done by a 3rd party group, not using Walmart's dishonestly reported internal numbers:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/walmart-wages-15-hour_us_575ec8f4e4b00f97fba8e18d

Edit - It would cost Walmart $4.95 billion to raise their minimum wage to $15 an hour (not raising it to exceed welfare eligibility, raising it to $15 an hour).

That means their profits would drop from 13 billion to 9 billion.

Just terrible. What ever will they do?

Robtard
Oh. Personally, I think Walmart should be massively fined and forced to pay back the US taxpayers for its shit practices that we (tax payers) end up paying for. F-ck the Waltons in their shitty faces.

dadudemon
Check my edit.

Robtard
Phuck them in their shitty Walton faces even harder then

edit: Does that video account for the new lower corp tax rate? They're raking in even more if not.

dadudemon
I bet not.

The Retarded Republican Talking Point about Walmart having financial struggles to pay their employees well enough to not have to be on welfare (they don't even need to pay $15 an hour in many places to meet this very low bar) is not even factual. They'd still make billions in profits with a strong majority of their profits still staying in place.

And most of those people would spend their money at Walmart, anyway...they'd have even more to spend.

BrolyBlack
That reminds me.

UBI recently failed its test in Finland.

Surtur
I used to buy WWE vhs tapes from Walmart.

BrolyBlack
NY Gov slams AOC.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/cuomo-slams-ocasio-cortez-others-as-amazon-ditches-new-york

Surtur
I mean she's like a college student got promoted to congress lol.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
UBI recently failed its test in Finland.
Actually, UBI did not fail in Finland.

They didn't implement UBI. $640 a month is not basic income. And it wasn't a universal income, either.

Also, they started with group of people who were unemployed to begin with rather than the random population.

I have no idea why they ran their test like this. They needed to increase the amount to $2400 a month. And they needed to select random people, not just the unemployed.

And if you mean it failed, how did it fail? Preliminary results show that they were happier than the control group. That's a success, isn't it?

BrolyBlack
People were happier but it failed to encourage people to work.

dadudemon
People were happier but it failed to encourage people to work.

What's the point of UBI?

If it was to encourage people to get back to work, then they need to give them true UBI instead of what amounted to unemployment.

If it was to encourage the unemployed to get college educations more often, then they need to test in a country that doesn't already offer free tuition.

Let's test it in the US.

Robtard
What's the logic in giving someone enough money to live basic, pay rent, bills and food and expecting them to work regardless? I know people have explained this before in the past and it did have solid reasons behind it.

Granted, I'd work as I can't see myself sitting around like a loaf; so to me the UBI would go into my savings each month. But not sure that would be typical, would it? Could see loafers just living off it and never really trying to find work, like some loafers live off welfare now.

edit: There's three "loaf" in that post

BrolyBlack
What's the point of UBI?

If it was to encourage people to get back to work, then they need to give them true UBI instead of what amounted to unemployment.

If it was to encourage the unemployed to get college educations more often, then they need to test in a country that doesn't already offer free tuition.

Let's test it in the US.

And do we have to give illegal immigrants access to uBi?

gauntlet o doom
While I don't agree with multi-million dollar companies not paying taxes; if Amazon's paying accounting firms to work around the system while not breaking any laws; who's to say they're doing anything wrong? Anyone can hire an accountant to pay less tax. It's the laws that have to change so that it's harder for companies to loophole their way out of paying.

dadudemon
What's the logic in giving someone enough money to live basic, pay rent, bills and food and expecting them to work regardless? I know people have explained this before in the past and it did have solid reasons behind it.

Granted, I'd work as I can't see myself sitting around like a loaf; so to me the UBI would go into my savings each month. But not sure that would be typical, would it? Could see loafers just living off it and never really trying to find work, like some loafers live off welfare now.

edit: There's three "loaf" in that post

When UBI is done correctly, young men go to college and young women stop having babies: they work.

Seems it should be a strong feminist idea to push UBI, actually. And MRA should push hard for it, too.

But for some reason, when people get a decent UBI, they work more. I'd assume it has a lot to do with the option to choose to get to do work they better enjoy than work they have to do.

I'd rather write books, make videos, do stand-up, and do art stuff than my current profession. But it would probably pay shit to do all those things even if I was great at all of them. With a UBI, I could focus on the ones that make money and actually turn it into a career, perhaps?

dadudemon
And do we have to give illegal immigrants access to uBi?

Can't collect UBI if you're illegal because you're not a legal resident.

At least in most systems I've seen proposed, you can't participate in UBI if you're illegal.

BrolyBlack
Amazon blasts Ocasio-Cortez, says 'we don't want to work in this environment in the long term'

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/amazon-blasts-ocasio-cortez-says-we-dont-want-to-work-in-this-environment-in-the-long-term

Flyattractor
So how much of the last 3 pages has been Our Loveable Loony Leftists saying that Amazon is a "Big Evil Corp" ?

Surtur
What's the point of UBI?

Let's test it in the US.

I figured it was just to give people breathing room, people who live paycheck to paycheck don't have to worry as much.

Flyattractor
I am liking how people are point out how AOC is so stupid she thinks that She will now get the 3 Billion instead of Amazon/Bezos

Dumb Phunt Don't Know how a Tax Break Works.

NY City and State Deserves this Retarded Cow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.