why arent the Angels erased?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeadpoolXXX
why doesnt Zeno also destroy the angels when he erases universes? how come they are exempt from this when even the GODs and Kais are erased?

what about the Angels from universes 13-18? im guessing they were erased by Zeno when he wiped out those universes since we've never seen them,?

BrolyBlack
Because they are beyond the universes and universal themselves and connected to the grand priest and the only truly immortal beings in DB.

DeadpoolXXX
so do you think the Angels are immune to his erasing powers or do you think Zeno just ignores them when he targets a universe?

BrolyBlack
They aren't connected to the specific universes, they are watchers/teachers from beyond each said universe.

DeadpoolXXX
right but they are still very much connected to each universes GOD so why arent they destroyed along with the GOD when Zeno wipes out the universes?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
right but they are still very much connected to each universes GOD so why arent they destroyed along with the GOD when Zeno wipes out the universes? They aren't directly connected to the gods. They are teachers, thats it.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by Jmanghan
They aren't directly connected to the gods. yes they are. confused

BrolyBlack
They aren't directly connected to the gods. They are teachers, thats it.

You have no clue what your talking about.

BrolyBlack
right but they are still very much connected to each universes GOD so why arent they destroyed along with the GOD when Zeno wipes out the universes?

Because they are not connected to that universe. They are universal beings that can transcend time, and reality.

Whis casually brought Freeza back to life. Something only dragon balls could previously do.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You have no clue what your talking about. okay if they are, then yes it would 100% make sense for them to be wiped out, and the only reason they would EVER no be wiped out is if they weren't connected to the gods.

Also **** you.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Because they are not connected to that universe. They are universal beings that can transcend time, and reality.

Whis casually brought Freeza back to life. Something only dragon balls could previously do. ok but when Zeno destroyed infinite zamasu and that entire timeline, he would have also erased goku and vegeta without thinking twice if they hadnt escaped in the time machine. even though they werent connected to that universe, they still would have been erased just because they happened to be there at the time.

so why are angels different where thats concerned?

ares834
Dude, this is a very simple concept. When Zeno erased the universes (and everyone from said universe) the Angels currently weren't in the universe but watching the tournament.

BrolyBlack
okay if they are, then yes it would 100% make sense for them to be wiped out, and the only reason they would EVER no be wiped out is if they weren't connected to the gods.

Also **** you.

Stop talking

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by ares834
Dude, this is a very simple concept. When Zeno erased the universes (and everyone from said universe) the Angels currently weren't in the universe but watching the tournament. ok but all the GODs, Kais, and mortals at the tournament were also erased despite them not being in their universes at the time. so again why were the Angels alone spared when everything else related to that universe was erased (even personal belongings that the fighters brought with them to the TOP)?

ares834
ok but all the GODs, Kais, and mortals at the tournament were also erased despite them not being in their universes at the time. so again why were the Angels alone spared when everything else related to that universe was erased (even personal belongings that the fighters brought with them to the TOP)?

As has been said multiple times in this thread, the Angels are not from said universes (unlike the GODs, Kais, and ningens). The Angels merely teach and advise the GODs of the universes.

DeadpoolXXX
do we know they aren't actually part of those universes tho? i mean has an origin story ever been given for the Angels? because IMO they do seem very much tied to the universes. i mean, when the GOD of a given universe dies, that Angel goes dormant until another GOD for THAT universe emerges.

so are they immune to Zeno's erasing powers or does he just not target them?

ares834
The Grand Minister is their father, so yeah we sorta have their origin.

BrolyBlack

Galan007
I always assumed that Angels simply have a higher status than all other beings in their designated universes, and as such, they were not targeted by Zen-Oh's erasure.

I mean, even when Zen-Oh whimsically decided that he wanted to erase the 8 lowest-ranking universes prior to the ToP, he was going to allow Daishinkan to contact the Angels of those universes and have them withdraw so they weren't destroyed:
https://i.imgur.com/Jq0uT3i.jpg

DeadpoolXXX
interesting thoughts. so could Zeno erase the Angels if he wanted to?

and what exactly are the limits of angels? do they even have any known limits?

BrolyBlack
Unknown

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
I always assumed that Angels simply have a higher status than all other beings in their designated universes, and as such, they were not targeted by Zen-Oh's erasure.

I mean, even when Zen-Oh whimsically decided that he wanted to erase the 8 lowest-ranking universes prior to the ToP, he was going to allow Daishinkan to contact the Angels of those universes and have them withdraw so they weren't destroyed:
https://i.imgur.com/Jq0uT3i.jpg

Yep.

On one hand, class favoritism is bad.

On the other hand, these angels only live to follow around an idiot GoD forever.

So not sure if they're getting such a good deal.

Galan007
interesting thoughts. so could Zeno erase the Angels if he wanted to?

and what exactly are the limits of angels? do they even have any known limits? You mean, if Zen-Oh specifically targeted the Angels for erasure, could he destroy them? Absolutely.

Depends what type of 'limits' you're talking about..? Angels seem relatively unbounded, but there are some rules in place that they abide by. For example, they must remain generally neutral and cannot directly interfere in mortal affairs(though Whis has proven that he can break this rule if he wants to), they can 'only' rewind time by 3 minutes, and they cannot resurrect beings who were killed by Demons.

cdtm
Which is an odd rule, considering the standard Dragon Balls can resurrect anyone.

Galan007
Yeah, it was a very stupid rule to put in place. You mean to tell me that if Dabra would have been the one who killed Freeza, Whis would have been powerless to resurrect him? That's dumb.

I get that they're playing on the whole Angel/Demon thing, but still... It implies that they are of equal status, which definitely isn't the case.

NemeBro
Dabura confirmed for >GoD status.

DeadpoolXXX
interesting. i didnt known about the demon thing. confused

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dabura confirmed for >GoD status.

Huh?

Galan007
interesting. i didnt known about the demon thing. confused https://i.imgur.com/BND5hcA.jpg

Ridley_Prime
I'm fine in the idea of giving Dabura, a cool character with wasted potential, some potential future significance with this development, but the angel and demon parallel would still feel kinda forced.

Genii96
When future zamasu erased the Future multiverse, pretty sure he wiped everyone and everything, angels included, I mean, he was the only thing left there

Astner
I'd guess it's because they're not native to the universes they're supervising and thus not a part of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.