Judge overturns $38 million award in police killing of Baltimore woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Judge overturns $38 million award in police killing of Baltimore woman

What do people think, was this the right move? I think it was. To give them $38 million...or any money at all, is insane.

BrolyBlack
100% right move. Sad that a person died, but it wasnt her fault as it appears.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
100% right move. Sad that a person died, but it wasnt her fault as it appears.

She pointed a shotgun at cops, etc. so IMO it was her fault. It's her fault the kid got shot too.

BrolyBlack
I mean the officer who shot her, I thought it was a female officer.

Surtur
I mean the officer who shot her, I thought it was a female officer.

Oh I see. Nah it's a guy named Royce Ruby.

BrolyBlack
Yea I thought that was a girls name.

Jmanghan
Yea I thought that was a girls name. You can't name a girl "Royce".

Silent Master
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You can't name a girl "Royce".

https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-royce-1473511.htm

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You can't name a girl "Royce".

Once again you got self-owned by your own ignorance.

Putinbot1
Once again you got self-owned by your own ignorance. Is Royce Gracie a girl mate? I reckon it can be both.

BrolyBlack
The officers name was Royce Ruby. Sounded like a girls name

Putinbot1
The officers name was Royce Ruby. Sounded like a girls name It does, although Gracie is feminine as a name too.

mike brown
The thing that kills me about that story is they were there to file a warrant over a fta for a ****in traffic stop. And she goes and grabs the shotgun over spending a few days in the county jail. SMH. She definitely wasn't right in the head, they got that part right.

Rockydonovang
So is there a reason she's not doing hard time? What "civil rights" were violated?

What the ****? If you can't handle the responsibility of being a public servant, then give up the power that comes with the badge.

Surtur
Why should she do hard time? This was brought about due to the choices of Gaines. She put that child in danger.

mike brown
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
So is there a reason she's not doing hard time? What "civil rights" were violated? That was a civil case.. no criminal charges were ever filed.

Assuming the report is correct that the woman had a shotgun the shooting seems understandable to me. Cops are trained to respond with lethal force in situations like this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.