Apocalypse runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
1). Terrax
2). Nova (Richard Ryder)
3). Blue Marvel
4). Sersi
5). Firestorm
6). Silver Surfer

No bfr.
Order is not necessarily ascending, so please state how he'd do against each of them.

victreebelvictr
I want to say that he sweeps actually.

carver9
Clears.

MrMind
lol at clearing stop dead at 3

shiv
Clears

leonidas
the transmuters would be an issue i think. he is SUPPOSED to have complete control over his form, but....that doesn't always translate. it MIGHT, but it's a tough thing to argue. i recall when shimmer (fearsome five) transmuted rex. it took him quite a while to shift back--he was def out for long enough to count for a forum win. if sersi (and i think she is much more of a threat than ronnie or jason--she does basically the same thing he can AND is a high level tp) turned him into...say a frog, could he change himself back?? not sure... would he have some innate defense? maybe, but that would be speculation.

ss doesn't use transmutation as often or as offensively as fs or sersi so i could actually see apoc doing better against norrin than the others. norrin HAS shown the ability to affect characters at the genetic level though so that is always an option for him, and many of his powers would be a tough counter--speed, intangibility, aoe attacks. i'd say ss would beat him for a majority, but without some proof apoc could counter transmutation, i'm not sure how we say he beats sersi or fs. (he is capable of beating fs via tp, but his offensive tp showings are....pretty scarce. he RESPONDS well when attacked with tp, but not sure i recall him ACTIVELY using tp as his first offensive....)

he beats everyone else for a majority imo, accept sersi, ss and maybe fs, though that is purely tp dependent.

gauntlet o doom
Is it a gauntlet if he has to fight each of them?

Sin I AM
Stops at 4. Blue Marvel hasnt impressed at all

Edit

Then again i forgot that Apoc has all that celestial tech at his disposal. He may have a counter for eternals

victreebelvictr

One Big Mob
Eternals are shit

Apoc has already beaten the only one worth anything

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Eternals are shit

Apoc has already beaten the only one worth anything

And that one guy had the power of the Prime Eternal at the time.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd say ss would beat him for a majority, but without some proof apoc could counter transmutation, i'm not sure how we say he beats sersi or fs. Well, as an example, Apoc has beaten, within a few panels, the techno-organic virus from rewriting him - repeatedly - which is, quite frankly, ridiculous. And the general control over his own body is crazy, as he constantly rearranges his molecular structure to basically give himself powers.

Even more so, while in a ridiculous depowered state , he is still able with the last vestige of his strength to overwrite the DNA of another being with his own:
https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/40296604_Apoc1.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/40296605_Apoc2.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/40296606_Apoc3.jpg

Imo, I don't see anybody doing anything to him with transmutation, tbh. I mean - his power, in essence, is the exact counter to that.

Flyattractor
Neither do I but when I clicked on your pics I had to shut down to get away from the viruses in them.

leonidas
maybe. he rebuilt his body, didn't he in that arc? not sure what his new capabilities might be. but the reason he wanted a new body was because the old hosts would constantly degenerate. his control had limits. were he changed into something completely inert--say...salt, for example (hi galan!)--i'm not sure he would be able to change back. his dna would obviously be affected as well. in the scans you showed he wasn't able to evolve back into a man, he needed them to put him in the machine to accomplish that.

like i said, maybe he could overcome transmutation, but i'm not sure it can be stated with any certainty. /shrug

Philosophía
maybe. he rebuilt his body, didn't he in that arc? not sure what his new capabilities might be. but the reason he wanted a new body was because the old hosts would constantly degenerate. his control had limits. were he changed into something completely inert--say...salt, for example (hi galan!)--i'm not sure he would be able to change back. his dna would obviously be affected as well. in the scans you showed he wasn't able to evolve back into a man, he needed them to put him in the machine to accomplish that.

like i said, maybe he could overcome transmutation, but i'm not sure it can be stated with any certainty. /shrug That's the problem with him - the bodies always start deteriorating after a while, they need to be rejuvinated/hybernation etc. But I always assume in threads he is not 'weakened', otherwise it's pretty useless. He couldn't turn back because he was losing his powers themselves and his physical form literally refused to listen to his control . It was some kind of an ironic theme - that his DNA allows nature to evolve, while he devolves. Rather weird. But once he evolved back we got this nice stuff: https://imgur.com/a/eXJkW43

Yeah, we can't say for certain, but I most definitely lean towards him at worst having to overcome it , or even flat-out ignoring it. Given the 'formal knowledge' they all have of each other, it would be really weird for them to even try transmutation, given it would quite possibly fail, and leave them vulnerable.

Phasing, on the other hand....it would be hard for him to overcome.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Neither do I but when I clicked on your pics I had to shut down to get away from the viruses in them.

You don't even know what a virus is.

I'd gladly send you one, so it can shut you up wink

AlbertoJohnAvil
I never side with Apockypse cause damn near every fight he loses. Hell one of the few fights he won was against Dracula and he almost lost that one as well.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
I never side with Apockypse cause damn near every fight he loses. Hell one of the few fights he won was against Dracula and he almost lost that one as well. You don't even know what you're talking about.

AlbertoJohnAvil
You don't even know what you're talking about.

what you mean? he did nearly lose to dracula if that's what your talking about. he barely has any wins

One Big Mob
My point exactly

Philosophía
Alberto, are you from El Salvador?

AlbertoJohnAvil
nope

victreebelvictr

One Big Mob
Let's go back to Bert though without playing coy:

What fights has Apocalypse lost?

Philosophía
nope El retrasado de la Colina, maybe?

Eon Blue
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I am. :3

Shut it, loser.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Let's go back to Bert though without playing coy:

What fights has Apocalypse lost?

Against Cable, the X-Men and X-factor damn near every fight, Thor, Phoniex, Archangel, Namor, Magneto, Stryife, Black Bolt, and ect. I mean I can think of only a few times he's won a battle.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Shut it, loser. You live in California, that is much worse. :3

StiltmanFTW
Against Cable, the X-Men and X-factor damn near every fight, Thor, Phoniex, Archangel, Namor, Magneto, Stryife, Black Bolt, and ect. I mean I can think of only a few times he's won a battle.

http://i.imgur.com/LBobT8K.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
I showed philo the scans of stryfe beating apoc before. I mean Who hasn't read executioner song, He was the one to weaken him

StiltmanFTW
And we saw what a healthy Nur did to Stryfe during Messiah War.

Insane Titan

One Big Mob

Let's preface this by explaining that he is literally weakened most of the time. You as a human knows what this feels like; if you get the El Salvador Mosquito Flu you won't be able to lug around your boxes of DC comics to burn in the village square as easily as Full Powered Bert, no? FP Bert could toss 2 boxes easily in the fire while Flu Bert might barely lift one.

Of course, we can use Captain Fluctuate in comics as a better example - Galactus. You wouldn't use Galactus at near starving levels to explain him at well fed levels would you? No, just like you wouldn't go out on an armadillo hunt without a full belly of pupusa.

Apocalypse's power wanes. Not just 'writer differences' wanes either; his power is lower than normal in many appearances. Hence explaining lower showings.

We can understand that, yes? Then let's move on to your examples:

Never lost to Cable

Only "lost" to the X-Men once, and that was more like damaged and ran away. He was severely weakened and was sharing his blood with the world. He never went down though in any case.

Never lost to X-Factor IIRC

Only lost to Thor when he had Apocalypse's weakness.

Only lost to Phoenix in the Ultimate Verse (non canon). And that story didn't exactly sell him as a "loser"

The only time I can think of with Archangel "beating" Apocalypse was where he held down a weakened Apoc by the throat in X-Cutioner's Song. The entire X-Men - including him - got knocked out in the next page.

He didn't lose to Namor. He ran away from an area that was about to be flooded with water. That's not a decisive battle, just typical bad guys running away shenanigans.

Magneto has never beaten him in canon. They haven't even fought.

He was severely weakened against Stryfe. It might have been the weakest we've ever seen Apoc besides recently.

He's never lost against Black Bolt. The only time in canon they've fought is an ineffectual Black Bolt breathing at an amped Apoc. Naturally we don't count amps, but we count weakened states.

He's never lost against Etc either.

StiltmanFTW
Finally some serious post from Bran. Good quality post, too.

Too bad Phil will get triggered by the Magneto part (and shit all over the forum in the process). You can't do anything right when serious, bran.

Philosophía
Brain is right, but 616 Magneto retained his memories so he remembers beating the HoM version of Apocalypse, so he'd do the same thing 10/10 on the forum for the absolute, clear roflstomp...or something.

StiltmanFTW
Omg, again this laughing out loud I knew it'd end like this.

Bran, stick to joke posts.

One Big Mob

Philosophía
lol

I feel sad that Apoc gets judged by his alternate Universes, when his mainstream is the shit.

And I mean that in general, not by the shit poster.

Insane Titan

Philosophía
stick out tongue

Eternal Idol
Stops at Terrax.

abhilegend
Terrax? Haha, no.

StiltmanFTW
That made me lol, too.

leonidas
there are still a lot of people who don't think apocalypse is worth a damn because of some of his 'poor' showings. /shrug

Bentley
Apocalypse would destroy all of them up close, but those who can stay at range and deal damage should have a decent shot.

Edit: Except the Mighty Terrax who never jobs, that guy has pre-crisis levels of powa

skyrider

StiltmanFTW
4 posts in 4 years? laughing

AlbertoJohnAvil
what instance do you have that shows apoc is a true threat to anyone?

Insane Titan

shiv
How Is This Still Going

leonidas
Educate yourself on apocalypse. Seriously. How is he a threat to anyone?? Lol. Geezus...

AlbertoJohnAvil
Educate yourself on apocalypse. Seriously. How is he a threat to anyone?? Lol. Geezus...

huh?

leonidas
Suitable reply. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Apoc was always hated on KMC, but I see people from comicvine underestimate him even worse.

He's incredibly versatile and powerful.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Bentley
Except the Mighty Terrax who never jobs, that guy has pre-crisis levels of powa
This sarcastic guy right here gets it. laughing out loud

Inedian
Apocalypse is a real deal and a powerhouse. With proper and constant portrayal of him (not jobbing or being weakened), he will becoming even more powerful.

shiv
Apocalypse delegates a minion to clear this rabble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.