Potential Disney/Lucasfilm projects...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Aside from the thought of a f*cking Rose Tico show(lmao), some of the others could be interesting.

Discuss.

Zenwolf

carthage
Bane will probably die in the series

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from the thought of a f*cking Rose Tico show(lmao), some of the others could be interesting.

Discuss.

A Phasma show would be pretty crap too

ares834

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
A Phasma show would be pretty crap too I heard Phasma had a very interesting backround though, doesn't she have a book?

victreebelvictr
Now, a Tulak Hord series would be wonderful. :3

Galan007
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I heard Phasma had a very interesting backround though, doesn't she have a book? The novel was actually decent, imo. Her comic book mini wasn't bad either.

That said, as much as I wouldn't want a series centered around Phasma, I'd still MUCH rather see that then a goddamn Roso Tico show... Talk about a fat, steamy shit of a character. thumb down

Zenwolf
The novel was actually decent, imo. Her comic book mini wasn't bad either.

That said, as much as I wouldn't want a series centered around Phasma, I'd still MUCH rather see that then a goddamn Roso Tico show... Talk about a fat, steamy shit of a character. thumb down

I'm not even sure how a show with her character could really work tbh.

One Big Mob
Darth Blane sucks. They might as well combine the Rose and Bane shows together in a lost in time sort of thing, just so the money being bled only comes from one source.

They could battle raindrops and run away from ordinary Jedi together.

quanchi112
If they do Darth bane and he gets movie treatment I have the feeling he might be awesome.

CuckedCurry

NewGuy01

Discuss.

When I first read the above, I was sure that you'd said, "Aside from the thought of a f*cking Rule of Two show(lmao)."

Well, it would have been equally fitting.

HP Legend
Bane could be alright though it's Disney so they'll most likely find some way to screw it up.

I suppose the Knights of Ren show could be interesting if they don't turn out to be a bunch of incompetent fools in Episode 9.

bdsmbdsm
I want the Rose Tico show. And an Agen Kolar one, with every episode showing him ragdolling Bane in different locations.

CuckedCurry
thumb up

Ragdolling Bane on Vjun

Galan007
Sounds like a Kenobi TV series could be in the works as well...

Zenwolf
Ehhh....

victreebelvictr

quanchi112
Whatever they do the toxic haters will complain. Very toxic fanbase from a minority but they scream online very loudly.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by quanchi112
Whatever they do the toxic haters will complain. Very toxic fanbase from a minority but they scream online very loudly. Sadly enough, they will likely ruin whatever series they make to some extent. erm

quanchi112
Sadly enough, they will likely ruin whatever series they make to some extent. erm See what I mean. Your mind is already made up.

ares834
So the fan-base is "toxic" because they don't gladly shovel down the shit that our Disney Overlords force upon us.... Yeah, OK.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
So the fan-base is "toxic" because they don't gladly shovel down the shit that our Disney Overlords force upon us.... Yeah, OK. Harassing the actors and directors online, organizing boycotts, etc. is toxic. Do not support itbwuth your money but the stuff that has been occurring is so unbelievably sad. Entitled little pansies. Who cares if episode 8 ruined your life man up you losers.

victreebelvictr

quanchi112

victreebelvictr
False, they try to release the best they can but losers cannot handle it and ruin it for the others. Toxic fanbase. If this is the best that Disney can do, then SW will be destroyed by a year or two. :3

CuckedCurry
A Tulak Hold movie would be awful seeing how Pablo Jill would beat him

quanchi112
If this is the best that Disney can do, then SW will be destroyed by a year or two. :3 Nah, since this is only a minority of the fans. I enjoy their pain. I hope Luke really upset them in episode 8. Makes it awesome.

ares834
What do you mean by "fans"? Go on nearly any SW fan-site and you'll see the majority of the fans disliked the film.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by CuckedCurry
A Tulak Hold movie would be awful seeing how Pablo Jill would beat him Can Jill kill thousands with only the blade? :3

quanchi112
What do you mean by "fans"? Go on nearly any SW fan-site and you'll see the majority of the fans disliked the film. False. That is your perception you reinforce but making 1.3 billion is not a flop. The mainstream audience decides the box office not a few upset nerds. You are the minority, friend. Move on with your life since this film killed your passion.

victreebelvictr
False. That is your perception you reinforce but making 1.3 billion is not a flop. The mainstream audience decides the box office not a few upset nerds. You are the minority, friend. Move on with your life since this film killed your passion. It is also your perception that they are good, so your points are not valid.

But we all have our opinions. :3

ares834
False. That is your perception you reinforce but making 1.3 billion is not a flop. The mainstream audience decides the box office not a few upset nerds. You are the minority, friend. Move on with your life since this film killed your passion.

False? It's flat out true. Check out sites like TFN if you don't believe me. But, if by "fans", you meant the general audience you likely are correct. However, just because a film did not bomb does not mean the majority enjoyed it.

victreebelvictr
Most enjoy it due to the effects, but when it comes to the way they presented it...

The movie was plain out pathetic in that area. erm

quanchi112
It is also your perception that they are good, so your points are not valid.

But we all have our opinions. :3 I never said the film was universally loved. 1.3 billion is a haul. It fell below expectations but the sky is not falling.

quanchi112
False? It's flat out true. Check out sites like TFN if you don't believe me. But, if by "fans", you meant the general audience you likely are correct. However, just because a film did not bomb does not mean the majority enjoyed it. That is not the majority it is a small forum. It was polarizing but easily clearing a billion is not small potatoes.

It was split but I loved the damn thing. The money it made ensures it made a considerable profit.

victreebelvictr
I never said the film was universally loved. 1.3 billion is a haul. It fell below expectations but the sky is not falling. It fell very below expectations, enough so that people who actually like stuff other than the movies hated it. :3

Galan007
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ehhh.... Apparently it would be a limited series. Essentially what the rumored movie would have been, except spread out through a TV show on Disney's streaming platform. /shrug

quanchi112
It fell very below expectations, enough so that people who actually like stuff other than the movies hated it. :3 People hated the prequels so the world is not ending over this you self entitled nerd. The nerds need to quit self harming over this. I do find their tears to be exquisite personally but I have always been vindictive to Voldemort levels.

victreebelvictr
People hated the prequels so the world is not ending over this you self entitled nerd. The nerds need to quit self harming over this. I do find their tears to be exquisite personally but I have always been vindictive to Voldemort levels. I enjoy Legends, and Disney ****ed that up.

What can I say? X3

quanchi112
I enjoy Legends, and Disney ****ed that up.

What can I say? X3 Then you are free to not support it. Disney is a business. If you no longer like their Star Wars see the door. Who cares? I personally love them as a company.

victreebelvictr
Then you are free to not support it. Disney is a business. If you no longer like their Star Wars see the door. Who cares? I personally love them as a company. You obviously care.

quanchi112
You obviously care. About Disney and Star Wars, yes. About you, nah. Enjoy your legends I will enjoy Disney Star Wars series and films.

victreebelvictr
About Disney and Star Wars, yes. About you, nah. Enjoy your legends I will enjoy Disney Star Wars series and films. Maybe you should try Elgends for a bit, it is no wrong to like both movies and Legends. :3

quanchi112
Maybe you should try Elgends for a bit, it is no wrong to like both movies and Legends. :3 Why? It does not count. It is not Disney. Bye bye legends. What Disney chooses to create hopefully Bane I will get into otherwise a hell no.

victreebelvictr
Why? It does not count. It is not Disney. Bye bye legends. What Disney chooses to create hopefully Bane I will get into otherwise a hell no. In KMC it does very well count. :3

But go ahead, be stubborn, enjoy your inferior movies! big grin

quanchi112
In KMC it does very well count. :3

But go ahead, be stubborn, enjoy your inferior movies! big grin In your mind but not in reality. Enjoy your fan fic.

TheIndyJedi
I'd rather Disney do Star Wars films than George Lucas tbh

Darth Thor
The New Trilogy sucks. Yes general audiences have mostly been fine with it but even amongst them the hype for that has clearly come down a ton.

That said its not been all bad from Disney. Rogue One was great. And love that they had the balls to put the half mechanical Darth Maul in Solo. Also really liked the first season of Rebels.

Lets see what they give us going forward. Something in the Old Republic era would be refreshing tbh.

HP Legend
Yeah... no. Darth Maul appearing in Solo was incredibly pointless and not needed at all.

TFA is trash and TLJ is mediocre sure but Solo is quite possibly the worst and Darth Maul appearing doesn't change that.

Rogue One was good though.

TheIndyJedi
Off topic but George Lucas's vision for Star Wars was all over the place. The fact that he had to make 3 special editon cuts for his original movies just confirms this.

quanchi112
Off topic but George Lucas's vision for Star Wars was all over the place. The fact that he had to make 3 special editon cuts for his original movies just confirms this. thumb up

Zenwolf
Off topic but George Lucas's vision for Star Wars was all over the place. The fact that he had to make 3 special editon cuts for his original movies just confirms this.

Difference between that and what's currently ongoing, those movies had already been made. In the grand scheme of things, not much of those were changed, it's not like the entire story was completely overhauled or certainly parts/plot points were ignored.

ares834

TheNuisanceBird
Even the thought of them considering a Rose Tico show is lunacy.

Darth Bane kicking ass on screen would be nice. Evannova and Reti4 be flipping in their beds at night.

Galan007
So it has been confirmed that there IS a third Star Wars TV series currently in production.

The speculation is that it will be officially announced in April.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
^ Probably will be in that era given its by the Game if Thrones creators.

quanchi112
I want Bane.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HP Legend
Yeah... no. Darth Maul appearing in Solo was incredibly pointless and not needed at all.

It seems that way now, but im sure they had plans to use that further before Solo flopped.

Also people are always complaining that the films dont reference/integrate the EU enough. So I applaud them for finally acknowledging the other canon material in such a big way.

Bentley
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It seems that way now, but im sure they had plans to use that further before Solo flopped.

Also people are always complaining that the films dont reference/integrate the EU enough. So I applaud them for finally acknowledging the other canon material in such a big way.

This is one of the most "glass half full" comments I've ever read on the internet.

HP Legend
^

CaveDude33211

Discuss.

No, they couldn't.

And if Episode 9 gets boycotted like Solo was, then Star Wars fans won't have to put up with any retarded garbage that Disney puts out.

Eventually they will have to sell the franchise to a company that would bring back the old EU for profit, and then Disney will be made Non-Canon (which it already borderline-is).

Darth Thor
I doubt Solo was actually boycotted on a large scale. Just the excitement wasnt there for a kinda pointless spin off just a few months after TLJ disappointed so many.

Im sure Episode 9 will make at least as much as TLJ. Even though Im personally not excited one bit for it.

AncientPower
Yeah, the anti-Disney brigade definitely thinks they played a vastly greater role in Solo flopping than they actually did.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by AncientPower
Yeah, the anti-Disney brigade definitely thinks they played a vastly greater role in Solo flopping than they actually did.

What else do you think did it? Other than the "anti-Disney brigade" AKA 95% of Star Wars fans refusing to waste their hard-earned cash on it.

bangin Hello, McFly!

ares834
I expect it has to do with the fact that the film looked and was bad. Plus, it came out after TLJ which was undoubtedly an incredibly divisive film (despite what many may say).

The calls for boycotts and the like played a very little part.

AncientPower
No one cared about a Han Solo film that didn't even have Harrison Ford. Simple.

CaveDude33211
I expect it has to do with the fact that the film looked and was bad. Plus, it came out after TLJ which was undoubtedly an incredibly divisive film (despite what many may say).

The calls for boycotts and the like played a very little part.

It just made the boycott easier. wink

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by AncientPower
No one cared about a Han Solo film that didn't even have Harrison Ford. Simple.

Close - but no cigar.

Actually, no one wanted to see a movie in which Han Solo was portrayed by Alden Ehrenreich.

- The fans wanted Anthony Ingruber to play Solo - but Disney (big surprise) didn't listen to what the fans wanted.

All of that, plus the film looking like shit anyway as ares834 said, plus people generally waking up to the Non-Canon garbage mess that is Disney "star wars" convinced Star Wars fans it wasn't worth wasting their hard-earned cash on.

It just made the boycott, very, very easy. big grin

Total Warrior

Geistalt
Episode 7 was pretty good, aside from Rey's Mary Sue moments.

Galan007
It would seem that at least one more(yet unnamed) live-action series will be dropping in the near future...

Galan007
Evidently Ewan McGregor has signed on to reprise his role as Obi-Wan in a future live-action series.

Darth Thor
Yeah. Was supposed to initially be a film series, but they dropped that after Solo flopped. But clearly the concept survived.

Hopefully they do something interesting with him.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Geistalt
Episode 7 was pretty good, aside from Rey's Mary Sue moments.
Yeah I actually liked ep. 7 aside from that, Kylo being a ***** once he took of the mask, and the fact that they copied a lot of elements from the OT.

Galan007
I guess Kevin Feige and Kathleen Kennedy are now collaborating together on the next SW film:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-s-kevin-feige-developing-star-wars-movie-disney-1243481

...Marvel vs. Star Wars crossover movie, here we come! ermm

Total Warrior
Heard he is pretty good, hopefully he will make a great movie

Darth Thor
I guess Kevin Feige and Kathleen Kennedy are now collaborating together on the next SW film:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-s-kevin-feige-developing-star-wars-movie-disney-1243481

...Marvel vs. Star Wars crossover movie, here we come! ermm

Theyre obviously getting Feige involved to come save Disney Star Wars.

If he pulls this off, he will go down as one of the greatestest producers in Hollywood history. Perhaps The Greatest.

Galan007
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Heard he is pretty good, hopefully he will make a great movie He's been in charge of all the Marvel movies so far, and done great things there.

He's also a SW fanboy, apparently, so that could be a good thing...

ares834
Not a fan of this news at all. The MCU films are decent albeit forgettable. Their tone is also all wrong for SW. In fact, one of the issues I have with the ST is their more Marvel style humor.

Darth Thor
Not a fan of this news at all. The MCU films are decent albeit forgettable. Their tone is also all wrong for SW. In fact, one of the issues I have with the ST is their more Marvel style humor.

I do remember facepalming when Lukes first reaction to Rey is to throw his old Saber away. But that was Rian and Kennedy trying to imitate the MCU.

And Feiges done such a great job building up the MCU and the superhero genre, I gotta get excited to see what he can do with Star Wars. And he would probably like to show hes not a one trick pony.

ares834
I was thinking more along the lines of stuff like Poe's "witty" wisecracks when he is caught by Kylo. That type of humor is straight from the MCU.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah i didnt like that either. And Poe telling Hux hes got a message from his mom was just the worst.

Total Warrior
Debora Chow will instead direct the new Obi Wan series, news came out a few minutes ago. Don't know her tbh, maybe you ameriguns are more familiar with her works

Zenwolf
Who?

ares834
Looking at her IMDB, she has almost no experience... And into the trash it goes.

Just how incompetent are the people running Lucasfilm?

Darth Thor
Did she... get the job... because shes a woman?

Total Warrior
Oh look, feminist agenda pushed again in Star Wars...

Galan007
The Force can't be female... If there are no females running the franchise.

https://i.imgur.com/bNnBKM1.gif

Darth Thor
So apparently shes directed episodes of Better Call Saul, The Mandalorian, Jessica Jones, Plus loads of other Tv stuff.

So not as bad as I thought. But nothing amazing either.

But presumably they liked her work on The Mandalorian.

Galan007
So Chris Evans and Brie Larson expressed interest in teaming up with Feige in future SW projects.

Probably won't amount to anything, but I still couldn't help but chuckle.

Total Warrior
Oh Brie larson, heards she is pretty annoying, isn't she? Besides, I know mine is gonna be a very unpopular opinion, but I don't like her acting, she has, like, just one facial expression. Didn't see a lot of her movies though, just the most famous the Captain Marvel

Galan007
No, you're absolutely right. Brie is the worst... Can't stand her at all.

Petrus
Interested in Bane, Kenobi, KoR and The Mandalorian so far. The others, meh. Would be way more interested in a KOTOR series, tho.

Total Warrior

Zenwolf
confused

Darth Thor
So the Obi-Wan series has been put on hold:

https://collider.com/obi-wan-series-delayed-disney-plus/

indefinitely?

Galan007
Lol.

Kennedy didn't like the scripts, so she shut down production for rewrites.

...Yeah, this will go well. srsly

Eli Vanto
Remember when she let Rian Johnson re-write the script for TLJ?? What a masterpiece that became laughing

Galan007
Just read an article that said A'Sharad Hett was slated to be the central villain for the Kenobi series... mmm

Darth Thor
^ I will rate them if they have the balls not to involve Vader.

Ive also heard online speculation that the series might have been delayed because theyve decided it better to make this a movie after all.

ares834
Just read an article that said A'Sharad Hett was slated to be the central villain for the Kenobi series... mmm

fug

Zentrex

Ive also heard online speculation that the series might have been delayed because theyve decided it better to make this a movie after all.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yiLSMXBJbVo/UrT9aN9hwRI/AAAAAAAAHJk/U_KfssGpG6U/s1600/picard-facepalm.jpg

Galan007
#TheForceIsFemale...

facepalm

Eli Vanto
laughing out loud because they haven't stuffed their female agenda down our throats enough.

Galan007
Thrawn Reportedly Getting Live-Action Treatment

Darth Thor
^ Most probably in The Mandalorian. But once he's made his Live Action debut then he can be used as a recurring villain through different live action projects.

Galan007
You think they'd introduce Thrawn in that era?

Darth Thor
Yeah.. That is the era he was initially known for in Legends.

And Ahsoka is popping up, and wasnt she looking for Ezra, who in turn would lead to Thrawn...

But I mainly think that because of Filonis involvement.

Galan007
True. Having Thrawn appear in a preexisting show/plot would be good way to introduce him into the live action side of things.

And who knows, maybe Thrawn's extensive knowledge of the Unknown Regions could be the key to finding baby Yoda's planet(assuming that's where the planet is.)

Darth Thor
Also if the Rogue One prequel takes place before the end of Rebels then he can be in that too.

But yeah best to introduce him in Mandalorian first.

Galan007
The Rebels finale is set just before R1, so he couldn't really be introduced there(unless they made a retroactive series set before ANH.)

Darth Thor
The Rebels finale is set just before R1, so he couldn't really be introduced there(unless they made a retroactive series set before ANH.)

The Cassian Andor series will obviously take place before Rogue One.

So presumably before the Rebels finale as well.

Galan007
Forgot all about the Cassian series.

Tbh, it would probably make more sense to have Thrawn make a cameo there, given that The Mandalorian already seems like it will be packed with new characters/cameos and whatnot.

That would also make me actually want to watch the Cassian show... Because as of now, I am completely uninterested in him as a character.

Eli Vanto
New rumor is that Hayden Christensen might be on board with the Kenobi series-
https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-kenobi-feature-hayden-christensen-anakin/

Don't really know how that would work tho. Maybe show a helmetless Vader? Maybe flashback sequences with Anakin and Kenobi?

Darth Thor
^ Would be cool to have live action flashbacks to TCW.

If its like an Arrow type scenario where the Flashbacks are half the story then half the series could basically be Clone Wars.

We have to remember Ben Kenobi is very limited in what encounters he can have.

xPRIMEx
Clone wars flashbacks would be pretty sweet

Darth Thor
Legit Rumours going around that Donald Glover will be back as Lando in one of the upcoming shows.

Galan007
Legit Rumours going around that Donald Glover will be back as Lando in one of the upcoming shows. Yeah, I saw that.

Curious which show... mmm

Total Warrior
The Mandalorian?

Galan007
Can't be The Mandalorian, as it's set after RotJ. Glover would be too young to play Lando in that era.

Scizard
Pretty sure it said he was getting his own show unless I misread.

Darth Thor
To fit his age would have to be either Obi-Wan or Cassian Andor, out of the announced shows.

But since Alden Ehrenreich also said something recently about him popping back, there's speculation on a Lando series.

Honestly I really enjoyed Donald's Lando so wouldn't mind if true.

ozz81
Reckon they will do stuff on Vos and Ezra?

Eli Vanto
New rumor suggests that Lars Mikkelsen could be in the running to play a live action Thrawn-
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/lucasfilm-reportedly-eying-witcher-star-fan-favorite-star-wars-villain/

Galan007
Even just having Lars voice him would be fantastic.

S_W_LeGenD
TBH, rebooting Star Wars mythos was a big mistake on the part of Disney.

They had so much well-established content to work with. They could dismiss some stories and replace them with better ones.

I have lost much interest in Star Wars lately. Episode 8 put me off and I did not bother with Episode 9 in cinema. Reboot is not producing much quality content and some of the mistakes of the Legends continuity are recurring.

I like Rogue One: A Star Wars Story though.

Sheev
I also keep seeing rumors that they're going to release a "JJ Abrams Extended Cut" of ROS, that apparently wasn't spam edited by Kennedy.

Eli Vanto
More rumors include a potential Luke Skywalker movie, set 10 years after ROTJ-
https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-luke-skywalker-movie

Sheev
**Mandalorian/Luke crossover imminent**

Tzeentch
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

They had so much well-established content to work with. They could dismiss some stories and replace them with better ones.

How would that be better than the current situation? You're basically saying that it would be better for Disney to be beholden to the old canon and then eat shit from the fanbase every time they rectconned something, then to throw out the entire old EU and pick out from it the stuff that they like. That doesn't make any sense.

Especially considering that the sequel trilogy already invalidates massive swathes of the canon. Like, Luke Han and Leia are all confirmed dead within 40 years of RotJ. So that's already pretty much every aspect of the old canon wiped out. What would be the point of clinging to the EU?

Eli Vanto
Looks like a 4 hour director's cut of ROS is in the works
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1323119/Star-Wars-Rise-of-Skywalker-director-cut-Disney-Plus-jj-abrams-george-lucas-theories-fans

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Looks like a 4 hour director's cut of ROS is in the works
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1323119/Star-Wars-Rise-of-Skywalker-director-cut-Disney-Plus-jj-abrams-george-lucas-theories-fans

Seems like a rumor still, but that also said the description sounds a lot better than what we got. Oh and look at that Lucas had a part, gee and people say he can't do SW...how hilarious is that in hindsight?

xPRIMEx
Really hoping those rumors are true

Galan007
Hoping so as well.

Would be pretty funny if the extended cut actually managed to salvage the trainwreck that is RoS.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
Yeah, I saw that... Curious what period/era it would even cover..?

Also sounds like a Rebels sequel is happening as well.

Total Warrior
I really don't like the sequel period, however maybe there is a chance they could somehow make it more enjoyable with this series (hopefully not movies)

xPRIMEx

qwertyuiop1998
Animated series i guess.
Wasn't Disney launching Obi-Wan's live action? Kylo may get his own animated series but I don't think Disney will give him a live action when Obi-Wan's live action is taking the place.

Galan007
They recently confirmed that the Kenobi show will be a one and done limited series.

Eli Vanto
Speaking of the Kenobi series, a new supposed leak-

Interesting.

Total Warrior
Wooooow Cody and Anakin with the real actors! Sounds cool! Please be true

Eli Vanto
Wonder if they'd use CG to make Anakin look younger? Because it's been 15 years since ROTS came out. Hayden obviously looks older now.

Galan007
Disney revealed a bunch of new projects:
https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed

Among the list is a live action Ahsoka limited series (directed by Filoni.)
Star Wars: Visions (anime-esque short stories, which could be fantastic.)
Also confirms that Hayden Christensen will star in the Kenobi series.

xPRIMEx

ares834
A bunch of new series and none of them seem to be set during the sequel trilogy.

Sasuga Disney. smokin'

The best news though was the absence of Rian's trilogy.

Darthadi
I'm curious if we will see some clone wars flashbacks with Hayden. I would love that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>