Hobbes (Fast and Furious franchise) vs Marv (Sin City)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
1. H2H deathmatch in a subway station
2. Gunfight in a crowded shopping mall
No PIS/ Full bloodlust
Who wins?

KingD19
Hobbs definitely takes the h2h. He's stronger than Marv and tough enough to eat his hits. And while Marv is insanely tough, Hobbs is more than capable of beating him down and using anything nearby to make it go quicker.

He's also faster than Marv and a bettet fighter.

TheVaultDweller
Hand to Hand should be a good fight. Both these guys are extremely strong tanks. I'd probably give Hobbs the edge due to better training and established skill. It'd be a hell of a fight though, as Marv is extremely tough, so won't go down easily.

Not sure about the gun round. Neither have really impressed me in that particular area.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
Hobbs definitely takes the h2h. He's stronger than Marv and tough enough to eat his hits. And while Marv is insanely tough, Hobbs is more than capable of beating him down and using anything nearby to make it go quicker.

He's also faster than Marv and a bettet fighter. Hobbs is not as strong as Marv, and there's nothing suggesting that he is, not even close.

Better fighter, yes, possibly, Hobbs is a slugger though, at the end of the day, just as Marv is, if Hobbs tries to slug it out with Marv he's going to go down.

KingD19
What is Marv's best feat in Sin City?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
What is Marv's best feat in Sin City? Strength feat? Probably ripping thick reinforced steel bars out of a concrete wall. Crushed a man's skull. Destroys wooden doors by casually pushing them.

Durability? Holy jesus man, there's a lot, probably the most durable street leveler in cinema. Dude got shot in the head, run over multiple times, got his head jumped and stomped on by a 140lb. man at full strength, survived an execution attempt in the electric chair. Survived almost an entire round of bullets being pumped into his body from a machine gun.

He also was able to beat Manute, who man-handled Dwight. He also does ANYTHING to win. He will go to brutal lengths to get the drop on his opponent.

And in terms of guns:

-K3rENCfXxk

BruceSkywalker
Hobbs takes both.. Overall he is just better

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Hobbs takes both.. Overall he is just better How is he better in H2H? Marv is on another level in almost every way.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Jmanghan
How is he better in H2H? Marv is on another level in almost every way.

Hobbs was better trained... Hobbs' skills are also more established.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Hobbs was better trained... Hobbs' skills are also more established. It doesn't matter if he was better trained, feats matter, not training.

If a bum that was a bum for his whole life has better feats on-screen then the special ops or marine, best believe I'll bet on a bum

Marv is stronger, more durable, and is a great fighter in his own regard.

Hobbs fighting style consists of blocking and punching.

Khazra Reborn
I don't really know Hobb's feats, but Marv has done stuff that is blatantly superhuman, and afaik, is a lot more brutal. I'd probably bet on Marv

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't really know Hobb's feats, but Marv has done stuff that is blatantly superhuman, and afaik, is a lot more brutal. I'd probably bet on Marv

Hobbs has also done a bunch of blatantly superhuman stuff though, like casually snapping prison chains, punching a dent in metal door at a government secret facility, tearing a concrete prison bench out of a wall and doing reps with it, casually ragdolling multiple fully grown men in riot armour, tanking falling dozens of feet, surviving violent car crashes without injury, and only broke an arm and hurt his leg a bit after getting blown up and falling four storeys onto a car, flattening it in the process, from which he fully recovered in like 4 days. And that's just some of the stuff he's done. And in the new Hobbs and Shaw spinoff, they are basically fighting British Luke Cage, and can apparently take punches from him without serious injury (and the guy was shown caving in a steel door with his its). The F&F characters are becoming more and more ridiculous as things go along lol.

I mean even shit like this, at 2:20, is kind of stupid, if you bother looking at just how many floors he drops while in friggin' freefall, only to get his momentum almost fully and instantly stopped when he hits that guy, yet he is totally fine. That shit would have killed a normal person multiple times over.

c1kKShjxMb8

I kind of want to see this fight. I think it would be pretty epic either way. Marv and Hobbs are both guys who aren't technically classified as superhuman in their respective worlds, but they both clearly are by real world standards.

On a random note, actually found a relatively decent accuracy feat for Hobbs. Hits a small target on a moving helicopter using his sidearm:

https://streamable.com/1tns0

Still not super impressive, but more than I was aware of lol.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hobbs has also done a bunch of blatantly superhuman stuff though, like casually snapping prison chains, punching a dent in metal door at a government secret facility, tearing a concrete prison bench out of a wall and doing reps with it, casually ragdolling multiple fully grown men in riot armour, tanking falling dozens of feet, surviving violent car crashes without injury, and only broke an arm and hurt his leg a bit after getting blown up and falling four storeys onto a car, flattening it in the process, from which he fully recovered in like 4 days. And that's just some of the stuff he's done. And in the new Hobbs and Shaw spinoff, they are basically fighting British Luke Cage, and can apparently take punches from him without serious injury (and the guy was shown caving in a steel door with his its). The F&F characters are becoming more and more ridiculous as things go along lol.

I mean even shit like this, at 2:20, is kind of stupid, if you bother looking at just how many floors he drops while in friggin' freefall, only to get his momentum almost fully and instantly stopped when he hits that guy, yet he is totally fine. That shit would have killed a normal person multiple times over.

c1kKShjxMb8

I kind of want to see this fight. I think it would be pretty epic either way. Marv and Hobbs are both guys who aren't technically classified as superhuman in their respective worlds, but they both clearly are by real world standards.

On a random note, actually found a relatively decent accuracy feat for Hobbs. Hits a small target on a moving helicopter using his sidearm:

https://streamable.com/1tns0

Still not super impressive, but more than I was aware of lol.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.