Coast Guard Lieutenant Charged With Planning Mass Terror Attack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Coast Guard Lieutenant Charged With Planning Mass Terror Attack; List of Targets Included Prominent Dems and Media Figures

Awful.

Robtard
Another planned Alt-Right mass terror attack. Nothing to see here folks.

Surtur
Ah so no wait and see?

Robtard
Did you read the story, this "lone wolf" and "mentally unstable" guy wrote a manifesto. You should really read the story first, Surt.

But if you're implying I don't think this guy deserves due process, you're wrong. He does and if guilty, he should face punishment.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you read the story, this "lone wolf" and "mentally unstable" guy wrote a manifesto. You should really read the story first, Surt.

But if you're implying I don't think this guy deserves due process, you're wrong. He does and if guilty, he should face punishment.

I did, white nationalists aren't exactly the same as the alt right. Not automatically anyways.

So put up or shut up kid. I trust your next post will contain evidence or an apology.

Robtard
To-mah-toe / to-may-toe, they're interchangeable at this point.

So that's it, you're deflecting to "prove he's Alt-Right and not a White Nationalist!" while ignoring the actual point. That's pathetic and it's been noted.

Surtur
To-mah-toe / to-may-toe, they're interchangeable at this point.

So that's it, you're deflecting to "prove he's Alt-Right and not a White Nationalist!" while ignoring the actual point. That's pathetic and it's been noted.

So no evidence he's alt right, gotcha!

BrolyBlack
We should be celebrating this didn’t actually happen.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
We should be celebrating this didn’t actually happen.

Indeed! Instead of trying to cry and blame the alt right or Trump, which you know is inevitable.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Indeed! Instead of trying to cry and blame the alt right or Trump, which you know is inevitable.

The Alt-Right are White Nationalist and the only person to bring up Trump in here is you, sport. Seems like you're melting down again over imagined wrongs towards Trump and trying to defend the Alt-Right again. Par for the course.

Surtur
The Alt-Right are White Nationalist and the only person to bring up Trump in here is you, sport. Seems like you're melting down again over imagined wrongs towards Trump and trying to defend the Alt-Right again. Par for the course.

Oh I know I'm the one who brought up Trump, you know why Rob? Cuz I know how weasels like you operate. We will 100% see someone blame Trump for this. Guaranteed some dumb retard will spew that nonsense.

You mistakenly tried to paint this as alt right, but you're forgiven thumb up

Robtard
Oh I know I'm the one who brought up Trump, you know why Rob? Cuz I know how weasels like you operate. We will 100% see someone blame Trump for this. Guaranteed some dumb retard will spew that nonsense.

You mistakenly tried to paint this as alt right, but you're forgiven thumb up

So you're freaking out over imagined wrongs this far.

You and your Alt-Right love.

Surtur
So you're freaking out over imagined wrongs this far.

You and your Alt-Right love.

I see, you're legit delusional enough to believe Trump won't be blamed? That shit is hilarious. We gotta remember this post.

Lestov16
Coast Guard Lieutenant Charged With Planning Mass Terror Attack; List of Targets Included Prominent Dems and Media Figures

Awful.

Glad he was caught. All domestic terrorists, regardless of their political alignment, are traitors to our country and should receive the maximum amount of persecution.

Surtur
Originally posted by Lestov16
Glad he was caught. All domestic terrorists, regardless of their political alignment, are traitors to our country and should receive the maximum amount of persecution.

Yup, put this dude in solitary for the rest of his life.

Lestov16
Yup, put this dude in solitary for the rest of his life.

Nah. That a waste of taxpayer money. Execution is the only way to go imo.

Surtur

True, but they won't execute him. And if they do it will take like a decade. Solitary until then, stale bread and water as food.

BrolyBlack

Agreed we need put this dog down.

CroftAlice
Kill them all. God will choose his own

gauntlet o doom
Cage him up. No electricity. Stale bread. Warm water. And a bucket that's emptied once a month.

BrolyBlack
Why not kill him?

Bashar Teg

Awful.

was that necessary, surt?

Why not kill him?

because we have a system of due process, and in order for it to work we have to extend the same courtesies to every last piece of human waste.

BrolyBlack
Yes then we execute him quickly

Lestov16
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

because we have a system of due process, and in order for it to work we have to extend the same courtesies to every last piece of human waste.

That's bullshit. IMO, if a person dehumanizes another individual via violating their human rights (which obviously includes unprovocated murder), then that individual has forfeited their right to be regarded as human. They are subhuman, essentially a traitor and expatriate of our species, and should be treated as such. Having a Kantian system of due process for known human rights violators is the reason our legal system is so messed up, because the law is proecting the guilty and punishing the innocent instead of the other way around

Bashar Teg
okay i can tell you're really radicalized and need to see blood, but i really didn't have the foggiest notion that what i said was debatable.

Lestov16
You think I'm "radicalized", because I think that if a human dehumanizes another human and violates their innate human rights, then that human rights violator is a subhuman traitor to our species? This guy didn't shoplift candy bars. He attempted carry out the unprovocated murder of a massive amount of innocent people, who again, did nothing to warrant his wrath. He doesn't deserve to waste good air. It makes perfect sense.

And if you're saying that our legal principles are not debateable, then you are essentially saying we are not a free democracy and rather a totalitarian state.

Also, this guy is an extremist anti-liberal, so are you saying I'm a radicalized liberal?

Bashar Teg
calling for the stripping of due process for vengeance is pretty much the end definition of "radicalized" imho

Lestov16
Lol, "vengeance". As a wise man once said, mercy towards the guilty is cruelty towards the innocent.

Bashar Teg
cool thumb up

Robtard
Due process isn't something we just arbitrarily throw out the window. It only works if it's a constant, where the seemingly 100% guilty piece of trash gets the same rights and the seemingly 100% innocent victim of a mix-up.

Lestov16
I understand that there must be countermeasures against false accusations, but in circumstances where an individuals perpetration of a human rights violation is absolute, wouldn't it be more efficient to expedite the process of Justice via extrajudicial prosecution?

I understand that these arguments are all hypotheticals that would never be implemented in our current US legal system, but I do feel that they post a good philosophical argument on the pros and cons of moral absolutist legality.

Robtard
I think you argument is flawed for reasons I noted, due process works because it's supposedly equal across the board, for the man who seems like he was set up to the guy caught with the smoking gun in his hand. Because sometimes, the seemingly innocent man turns out to be guilty and the seemingly guilty man turns out to be innocent when due process is allowed to run its course.

I said "supposedly" as there's obvious bias in our legal system that heavily favors the very wealthy. But throwing out the baby-with-the-bath-water won't fix those problems.

Chuck_Schumer
No Bernie Sanders on his hit-list?

Joking aside, this dude is genuinely messed up in the head---beyond MAGA radicalization.

Wanting to commit these kinds of crimes against humanity puts him right up there with Nazi war-criminals he admired dearly.

He needs to spend the rest of his days in a psychiatric prison. Throw away the key.

Robtard

Surtur

Yes. Was it necessary for you to ask if it's necessary?

Flyattractor
I think we should PRAISE this Brave Young Coast Guard. He was willing to DO WHAT NEEDS Done and save the U.S from this bunch of Fascists.

Boy I could add a few names to His List.

Hey I can say that cause if we Use RobbieLogic... Ever one He calls "Alt Right" means EVERY ONE HE DISAGREES WITH!!

Robbis is such a PHUCKING Piece of SHIT!

dadudemon

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I think we should PRAISE this Brave Young Coast Guard. He was willing to DO WHAT NEEDS Done and save the U.S from this bunch of Fascists.

Boy I could add a few names to His List.

Hey I can say that cause if we Use RobbieLogic... Ever one He calls "Alt Right" means EVERY ONE HE DISAGREES WITH!!

Robbis is such a PHUCKING Piece of SHIT!

Hope you enjoy your time off laughing out loud

quanchi112
cool thumb up Lestov is an emotionally driven radicalist. This does not surprise me. Screw peoples rights. If you feel strongly just run with it.

quanchi112
Hope you enjoy your time off laughing out loud laughing out loud

Deadline

Awful.

Another false flag.

Surtur

Bashar Teg
because it's true?

Deadline
^Ohhh i see, so it's not the Presses fault that they spread lies it's Trumps fault. Also Alex Jones predicted this months ago.

Surtur
because it's true?

Indeed? Trump forces the press to behave like lunatics, destroy their own credibility, and purposely seek to divide this country?

He forces them to...act like the enemy? Lol. Good stuff, top notch. Which magical power is he using to accomplish this?

See if the media gave a shit about this country...truly gave a shit, they'd have learned their lesson a long time ago. They haven't. The only thing that makes sense is that they haven't learned cuz they just don't want to learn.

Surtur
Originally posted by Deadline
^Ohhh i see, so it's not the Presses fault that they spread lies it's Trumps fault. Also Alex Jones predicted this months ago.

Hell CNN took a single tweet by someone on twitter about Katy Perry having "blackface" shoes and turned it into a news story lol. What purpose does that serve other than to just make it seem like the number of people upset was larger than it really was? I can tell you: the purpose it serves is to divide this country.

That's not the way an ally behaves nor is it the way even someone neutral behaves.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deadline
^Ohhh i see, so it's not the Presses fault that they spread lies it's Trumps fault. Also Alex Jones predicted this months ago. Such delusion.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/hzChx03.jpg

quanchi112
Surtur is talking to himself.

Putinbot1
Read about this, same rhetoric affecting someone liiking for some thing to believe in. Vulnerable man affected by far right ideas. Sad but nothing new. Glad they caught him so he can get help.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Read about this, same rhetoric affecting someone liiking for some thing to believe in. Vulnerable man affected by far right ideas. Sad but nothing new. Glad they caught him so he can get help.

I feel like you're the only one in this thread with even emotions/not trolling on this topic and I would like to discuss it.

So what is the cure for weird, violent, murder-y right-wingers like this? The US has had this problem for decades, now. They are almost always white, Christian, between 20-45. Almost every single time.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
I feel like you're the only one in this thread with even emotions/not trolling on this topic and I would like to discuss it.

So what is the cure for weird, violent, murder-y right-wingers like this? The US has had this problem for decades, now. They are almost always white, Christian, between 20-45. Almost every single time. stop being afraid of the different, it's as simple as that. The world is getting easier to cross, it's multiracial and that isn't going to change. The problem is people are always looking for scapegoats for their own problems. I have no answer beyond exposure, the more people meet the different the less scared and angry they are. People are people, black, white, Asian, Arabic, Pacific islander, native American. The genetic differences are minimal and the motivations and needs the same.

BrolyBlack
This guy needs to be tried and hung in a military tribunal. I hate even calling him guard because that just slanders the good people in the coast guard.

Putinbot1
This guy needs to be tried and hung in a military tribunal. I hate even calling him guard because that just slanders the good people in the coast guard. Going to disagree, he needs help imho. If what's claimed is true.

BrolyBlack
I dont think you really care about him. All your doing is using him as a way to attack anyone that doesnt agree with you.

Putinbot1
I dont think you really care about him. All your doing is using him as a way to attack anyone that doesnt agree with you. I'm not attacking you mate, I'm disagreeing about the need to hang a man who has killed no one and could have a second chance. Why waste a life for something that never happened?

BrolyBlack
My OG statement, which not a single person here agreed with besides Surtur, instead its just going to you and Rob screaming Trump and Alt-right.

We should be celebrating this didn't actually happen.

dadudemon
stop being afraid of the different, it's as simple as that. The world is getting easier to cross, it's multiracial and that isn't going to change. The problem is people are always looking for scapegoats for their own problems. I have no answer beyond exposure, the more people meet the different the less scared and angry they are. People are people, black, white, Asian, Arabic, Pacific islander, native American. The genetic differences are minimal and the motivations and needs the same.

Oh, that's right. I do remember research about this. Exposing people to multiple cultures and countries. But more recent research actually saw a polarizing effect but doing this which contradicted the research from the 90s.

I think teaching multiculturalism in schools helps. But aren't they all taught this? I grew up in rich-white-people town after we moved out of the ghetto. It was taught all the time to love and accept all. Despite the fact that it was absurdly white where I grew up. And there are still racists who came out of that school system. More so than I think is normal.

dadudemon
This guy needs to be tried and hung in a military tribunal. I hate even calling him guard because that just slanders the good people in the coast guard.

I don't know about killing him but I do agree with everything else.

BrolyBlack
So now we have to spend millions for his rehabilitation, food, housing, etc to "make him right"

How is that fair to you or me or anyone else?

Surtur
Going to disagree, he needs help imho. If what's claimed is true.

He does need help...help dying.

Putinbot1
Oh, that's right. I do remember research about this. Exposing people to multiple cultures and countries. But more recent research actually saw a polarizing effect but doing this which contradicted the research from the 90s.

I think teaching multiculturalism in schools helps. But aren't they all taught this? I grew up in rich-white-people town after we moved out of the ghetto. It was taught all the time to love and accept all. Despite the fact that it was absurdly white where I grew up. And there are still racists who came out of that school system. More so than I think is normal. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/let-their-words-do-the-talking/201103/the-seven-stage-hate-model-the-psychopathology-hate?amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Almost worth it's own thread. I agree with all of it, it's relatively recent. I might add I take psychology with a pinch of salt and struggle despite the techniques it employs to see it as a Science.

dadudemon
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/let-their-words-do-the-talking/201103/the-seven-stage-hate-model-the-psychopathology-hate?amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Almost worth it's own thread. I agree with all of it, it's relatively recent. I might add I take psychology with a pinch of salt and struggle despite the techniques it employs to see it as a Science.

Wow, that's awesome. So many common threads in those 7 stages between the American Libtards and Conservatards. Right now, the Anti-Trumpers are sliding closer and closer to 7.

The extremist right-wingers have been at 7 for decades.

Emperordmb

Emperordmb

Putinbot1
Wow, that's awesome. So many common threads in those 7 stages between the American Libtards and Conservatards. Right now, the Anti-Trumpers are sliding closer and closer to 7.

The extremist right-wingers have been at 7 for decades. Pretty much, the cognitive dissonance and confusion created by the confusitory tactics of people with agenda's has made all this possible. The polarisation used was very clever as was the use of mgtow and 4 chan etc for these groups.to meet and unite. The red pill concept made much of it possible, how much was planned we'll never know. It could just be everything was in place.

Emperordmb

BrolyBlack
2 Alt-right attacks failed

1 Alt-left attack succeeded.

As of now, who has a higher success rate?

dadudemon

Surtur
That's correct.

I use the FBI's definition.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/the-terrorist-threat-confronting-the-united-states

A MGTOW believer is hardly even close to right-wing extremism and it actually has little to do with right-wing politics. It's a relationships cause, not an anti-government cause. It's only the extremist incels in those groups that cause problems beyond "how to approach romantic relationships."

Who the f*ck do you think you are using definitions instead of feelings?

Putinbot1
That's correct.

I use the FBI's definition.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/the-terrorist-threat-confronting-the-united-states

A MGTOW believer is hardly even close to right-wing extremism and it actually has little to do with right-wing politics. It's a relationships cause, not an anti-government cause. It's only the extremist incels in those groups that cause problems beyond "how to approach romantic relationships." As I'm not bound by the FBI's definition in any sense, I certainly feel that mgtow are recruiting grounds for extremists. I'm not alone in this and even did a thread on this premise. To be honest I even see events like Brexit as polarising and recruiting, particularly on the extreme right fringes.

dadudemon
As I'm not bound by the FBI's definition in any sense,

I am. This is where my educational background comes from and the framework within which I had to work for almost 10 years.

I am beholden to the definitions set by the Criminologists, Criminal Psychologists, and criminal statisticians that operate within the FBI and to an extent, the DHS.

I also live in the USA where the policies and expertise of these organizations informs legislation and law enforcement best practices, across the board.

Robtard

Putinbot1
I am. This is where my educational background comes from and the framework within which I had to work for almost 10 years.

I am beholden to the definitions set by the Criminologists, Criminal Psychologists, and criminal statisticians that operate within the FBI and to an extent, the DHS.

I also live in the USA where the policies and expertise of these organizations informs legislation and law enforcement best practices, across the board. I personally feel they set the bar too high as to what an extremist is. I'm happier with a more German view as to what constitutes extremism, although perhaps not with the desired punitive responses. Interestingly this link also highlights the variance in outlook of EU states we were discussing elsewhere.

https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-faces-struggle-over-racism-law/

Putinbot1
Okay? I don't think you're an extremist. or even Far-Right for that matter. it's DMB Rob... of course he is! I mean is a lovable neckbeard not an extremist. I still have hope for the JP loving scallywag.

mike brown

You mistakenly tried to paint this as alt right, but you're forgiven thumb up I don't directly blame Trump but his rhetoric often seems to attract these sorts of nut jobs... This isn't the first time we've seen this sort of incident from among his base even in recent history... At a certain point basic pattern recognition should kick in.

Robtard
^This Mike Brown character BINGO'd the hell out of it.

This has a very similar smell to the MAGAbomber, many of this guy's intended targets are people and organizations Trump routinely demonizes in one form or other (eg "enemy of the people!"wink, as POTUS, Trump should rethink his antics and set the example for others. That's part of the job of the POTUS.

Putinbot1
I do agree with you and Mike here.

mike brown
"enemy of the people" to describe any mainstream press that takes an adversarial position to Trump and his policies is a perfect example of his autocratic tendencies. As luck would have it he isn't a dictator but it would seem that he wishes he was or at least that is the impression he gives me.

His phony national emergency being another prime example of the sort of thing you would more expect to see in a banana republic.

Robtard
Originally posted by mike brown
"enemy of the people" to describe any mainstream press that takes an adversarial position to Trump and his policies is a perfect example of his autocratic tendencies. As luck would have it he isn't a dictator but it would seem that he wishes he was or at least that is the impression he gives me.

His phony national emergency being another prime example of the sort of thing you would more expect to see in a banana republic. Mike, you're clearly not new, who are you returned if you don't mind saying?

mike brown
I was red g jacks. Formerly reggie_jax. That was years ago though. What makes you say I'm clearly not new though?

Putinbot1
I was red g jacks. Formerly reggie_jax. That was years ago though. What makes you say I'm clearly not new though?

I remember you, I was Whirly.

mike brown
I remember people talking about whirly but I don't remember you posting

Putinbot1
I remember people talking about whirly but I don't remember you posting I was probably someone else by then. Nice to have you back Mike.

Silent Master
Enjoy angel

F5wWc1XsiDw

Robtard

I recall the Reg G Jacks name.

You seem too familiar to be a fresh member, so I figured you were a previous poster returned

mike brown
Nothing new under the sun I guess.

Robtard
Welcome back though. Good to have more voices in here.

Surtur
I don't directly blame Trump but his rhetoric often seems to attract these sorts of nut jobs... This isn't the first time we've seen this sort of incident from among his base even in recent history... At a certain point basic pattern recognition should kick in.

No, he's not to blame for this no more than democrats are for Steve Scalise. Or Republicans getting sent cyanide. Seems like a couple times, what'd you say about a pattern bro?

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
This pile of crap needs to face jail and worse as does Nooseman

Surtur
No, he's not to blame for this no more than democrats are for Steve Scalise. Or Republicans getting sent cyanide. Seems like a couple times, what'd you say about a pattern bro?

Never got a response to this.

mike brown
No, he's not to blame for this no more than democrats are for Steve Scalise. Or Republicans getting sent cyanide. Seems like a couple times, what'd you say about a pattern bro? I said I don't hold him responsible... I just think he is a bright light bulb for a lot of deranged moths.

Not familiar with the cases you are mentioning tbh but I would not be reluctant to admit the left has their own brand of crazy as well.

Lestov16
I don't directly blame Trump but his rhetoric often seems to attract these sorts of nut jobs... This isn't the first time we've seen this sort of incident from among his base even in recent history... At a certain point basic pattern recognition should kick in.

Every form of rhetoric has extremists who twist it to commit horrific acts. Saying Trump's rhetoric attracts nut jobs like this is like saying Democrats' rhetoric attracts nut jobs like Micah Xavier Johnson.

mike brown
Yes but I feel like I would be hard pressed to come up with an example of a president whose rhetoric was as severely polarizing and with as many autocratic overtones as Trump. I'm not saying he invented this type of rhetoric.. he's just dialed it up a few notches to the point where like I said he often speaks more like the leader of a banana republic than an American president.

Is it really so crazy that this guy was googling things about civil war? In a lot of ways we are showing some of the symptoms of possibly heading in that sort of direction

Surtur
I said I don't hold him responsible... I just think he is a bright light bulb for a lot of deranged moths.

Not familiar with the cases you are mentioning tbh but I would not be reluctant to admit the left has their own brand of crazy as well.

My point is if you wanted you could paint a pattern with either side if you really wanted to, but it will get you nowhere.

That is where we are now though with each tragedy, which side is to blame.

jaden_2.0
If he'd managed to carry this out and it was because of the shutdown affecting the operational ability of the FBI can you imagine the blame shitstorm.

Lestov16
Yes but I feel like I would be hard pressed to come up with an example of a president whose rhetoric was as severely polarizing and with as many autocratic overtones as Trump. I'm not saying he invented this type of rhetoric.. he's just dialed it up a few notches to the point where like I said he often speaks more like the leader of a banana republic than an American president.

Is it really so crazy that this guy was googling things about civil war? In a lot of ways we are showing some of the symptoms of possibly heading in that sort of direction

You're right. He's not really fit to be president. So I guess the question is simple: Which political party set him up to be a piper candidate, and then lost the election because their candidate was so bad that Trump beat her with less votes than Mitt Romney got in 2012? If we are going to talk about who is trying to incite a civil war, maybe we should look at that political party. Maybe....

Adam_PoE
You're right. He's not really fit to be president. So I guess the question is simple: Which political party set him up to be a piper candidate, and then lost the election because their candidate was so bad that Trump beat her with less votes than Mitt Romney got in 2012? If we are going to talk about who is trying to incite a civil war, maybe we should look at that political party. Maybe....

Which party did not have the proper checks and balances in place to prevent such an unfit candidate to win the nomination, and why do their voters see someone obviously unfit, and pull the lever for him anyway?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Which party did not have the proper checks and balances in place to prevent such an unfit candidate to win the nomination, and why do their voters see someone obviously unfit, and pull the lever for him anyway?

Cos he knows words. He has the best words.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

So it was an election between an unfit candidate vs an extremely unfit candidate who couldn't even beat the regularly unfit candidate.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Cos he knows words. He has the best words.

Speaking of best words, going to be interesting what Trump slogans on for 2020. Some "Lock him/her up" again? Another swamp draining? I'm sure he'll demonize Mexicans and likely Muslims again, you can bet on that one.

Not sure he can use "Make America Great Again", cos if it's not great after four years of him being in office, what's that say about him.

Emperordmb
He can use "America will never be a socialist country"

jaden_2.0
Speaking of best words, going to be interesting what Trump slogans on for 2020. Some "Lock him/her up" again? Another swamp draining? I'm sure he'll demonize Mexicans and likely Muslims again, you can bet on that one.

Not sure he can use "Make America Great Again", cos if it's not great after four years of him being in office, what's that say about him.

Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be hyooj 👌

mike brown
My point is if you wanted you could paint a pattern with either side if you really wanted to, but it will get you nowhere.

That is where we are now though with each tragedy, which side is to blame. I think what gets you nowhere is deflecting any criticism of the president with "what about the other side?" It's basically a symptom of the fact that people are firmly entrenched in their particular ideological camps.

I am not really blaming Trump... I just think taking this as an isolated incident is short sighted. It seems like a symptom of the increasingly polarized times we are in.

mike brown
You're right. He's not really fit to be president. So I guess the question is simple: Which political party set him up to be a piper candidate, and then lost the election because their candidate was so bad that Trump beat her with less votes than Mitt Romney got in 2012? If we are going to talk about who is trying to incite a civil war, maybe we should look at that political party. Maybe.... What are you saying.. the Dems threw the election to incite a civil war? I'm not saying Trump is trying to do so either btw.. I just think his election has radicalized both sides to such an extent that while an actual civil war seems like a stretch... We are definitely treading a dangerous path.

In many ways Trump is a symptom of this polarization, not the root cause. We saw the country become very divided under Bush and more so under Obama. Trump was once again a result of this division.. but his style and his rhetoric have only reinforced this trend tenfold.. in many ways he probably is providing more motivation to the far left than he is to the far right just by what he represents. But both sides certainly seem much more emboldened today then they did in pre-Trump America.

Robtard

Surtur
Awful

BrolyBlack
The fact that Joe killed his intern that he was having and affair with in his office is awful.

Putinbot1

Surtur
The fact that Joe killed his intern that he was having and affair with in his office is awful.

Joe cried and tried to blame this coast guard thing on Trump.

Robtard
Another rightist loon.

That's two now who specifically targeted some of Trump's loudest critics and/or who Trump has categorized as enemies.

Surtur
That's two now who specifically targeted some of Trump's loudest critics and/or who Trump has categorized as enemies.

Awful.

Robtard
Yeah, you already said that in this same thread over this same story on this same page. Your Robtard Derangement Syndrome (aka RDS) is showing again, Surt.

Emperordmb
I'm sorry but that's bullshit. People use inflammatory rhetoric against political opponents all the time.

The idea that Trump is responsible for this is absolute nonsense.

Robtard
If that's directed at me?

I don't blame Trump for this, this person is responsible for his own actions, just like the MAGAbomber, but Trump as POTUS should reel in his rhetoric and demonizings on certain groups/people. He's the POTUS and he sets the standard now and there's people like this looking for a trigger to pop off.

If the argument is "well, he's attacked", yes he is. That comes with the job though; every President before him was attacked, grow a thicker skin and act like the POTUS instead of a dangerous maninfant.

Surtur
If the argument is "well, he's attacked", yes he is. That comes with the job though; every President before him was attacked, grow a thicker skin and act like the POTUS instead of a dangerous maninfant.

This is bullshit. Trump has been attacked way more than any other president in recent memory. Way more than Obama, Bush, or Clinton.

And if Trump needs to dial down the rhetoric then so do his opponents, period.

BrolyBlack

Robtard
This is bullshit. Trump has been attacked way more than any other president in recent memory. Way more than Obama, Bush, or Clinton.

And if Trump needs to dial down the rhetoric then so do his opponents, period.

laughing out loud Good lordy

Being attacked is part of the job; it's well known before you take it. As POTUS, he sets the standard and should lead by example. Guess Obama was correct when he said Trump didn't have the temperament to be POTUS. Thanks, Obama.

Emperordmb
I don't expect Trump to reel in his rhetoric when people are comparing him to Hitler and calling him virtually every name under the sun no. At the end of the day, the people Trump lashes out at rhetorically are other politicians, and people in the media, people who do also wield power and influence and that comes with the job for them as well.

I don't like this absurd notion that the media is some sacred cow that must not be spoken about in harsh terms.

BrolyBlack
Call the whaaambulance for Rob

Surtur
laughing out loud Good lordy

Being attacked is part of the job; it's well known before you take it. As POTUS, he sets the standard and should lead by example. Guess Obama was correct when he said Trump didn't have the temperament to be POTUS. Thanks, Obama.

*Some* pushback is to be expected, but no...attacks on this level are not part of the job.

Plus like I said: if Trump needs to dial it down so do his opponents.

Emperordmb
And it's not like the people he attacks aren't public figures in positions of either political power or social influence.

Robtard
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't expect Trump to reel in his rhetoric when people are comparing him to Hitler and calling him virtually every name under the sun no. At the end of the day, the people Trump lashes out at rhetorically are other politicians, and people in the media, people who do also wield power and influence and that comes with the job for them as well.

I don't like this absurd notion that the media is some sacred cow that must not be spoken about in harsh terms.

Obama was compared to Hitler many a time. So was Bush Jr. They handled it like adults and as the POTUS should.

I don't think it's an absurd notion that the POTUS sets the standard and should lead by example.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Exactly, they need to stop comparing him to dictators before they decide to cry about his rhetoric.

He's right to call out the media, and it's not even just about how they treat him...they wanna divide us. Here is a story from 2 days ago from CNN:

Four women who left water and food for migrants in Arizona sentenced to probation

Doesn't the headline suggest that the women were put on probation because they tried to give food and water to migrants? Yet if you read the actual article...they got in trouble because they entered a wildlife refuge without a permit and also for abandoning personal property at the refuge lol.

Surtur
Obama was compared to Hitler many a time. So was Bush Jr. They handled it like adults and as the POTUS should.

I don't think it's an absurd notion that the POTUS sets the standard and should lead by example.

It didn't happen nearly as much as it does with Trump.

Robtard
Obama and the Hitler comparisons started not long after 2008 and it went through at least 2014, likely longer. That's six years, that's far longer than Trump's been POTUS.

"Adolf Hitler, like Barack Obama, also ruled by dictate" -Limbaugh

Surtur
Obama and the Hitler comparisons started not long after 2008 and it went through at least 2014, likely longer. That's six years, that's far longer than Trump's been POTUS.

"Adolf Hitler, like Barack Obama, also ruled by dictate" -Limbaugh

And yet the frequency that it's been hurled at Trump still tops it.

Robtard
FFS, it was a constant meme through at least 2014 for Obama. Every time Obama talked about gun reform triggered the "Hitler took away citizens guns" meme and similar. Obamacare was noted as "the worst thing since slavery for America".

But sure, you play the Trump's a poor victim card. Shit just comes with the job; other PTOTUS' handled it like adults.

Why Republicans are obsessed with comparing Obama to Hitler

Ben Carson stands by comparison of U.S. to Nazi Germany

Why Do the Super-Rich Keep Comparing Obama to Hitler?

Surtur
FFS, it was a constant meme through at least 2014 for Obama. Every time Obama talked about gun reform triggered the "Hitler took away citizens guns" meme and similar. Obamacare was noted as "the worst thing since slavery for America".

But sure, you play the Trump's a poor victim card. Shit just comes with the job; other PTOTUS' handled it like adults.

Why Republicans are obsessed with comparing Obama to Hitler

Ben Carson stands by comparison of U.S. to Nazi Germany

Why Do the Super-Rich Keep Comparing Obama to Hitler?

Not playing the victim card, merely pointing out that when it's at this level it is not "part of the job".

Like I said: if his opponents want him to tone down the rhetoric they need to start doing the same. Until then?

https://media.giphy.com/media/z619OZp86JaBG/giphy.gif

Robtard
Well, you sure got me, you ignored the facts and posted a Trump pic.

Bashar Teg

that just means that he concedes.

Surtur

Not a thing you said showed Obama was called Hitler more often, so...I don't need to "get" you lol. Try again, do better next time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.