do twin adoption studies destroy Leftism?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Valkorion
twin studies show that, for western countries parenting effect is overrated as long as you aren't abusive, the economy is more fair than you'd think and success is largely based on your ability, and public education is OVERRATED

can tales of socioeconomic privilege and etc survive this suppressed truth

or am i just a troll obviously saying stuff i don't believe

cdtm
I don't believe leftist's claim ability doesn't matter. They argue broad brushing entire "groups" is wrong.

They also tend to argue success is based on very complex interacting elements, and that education, environment, upbringing, opportunity, and individual ability all contribute to the overall chances of succeeding.

Valkorion
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't believe leftist's claim ability doesn't matter.

youd be surprised

no leftist ever cites this, 98% probably don't know it exists and 1% think it's alt-right propaganda

Valkorion
crickets

dadudemon
Twin studies, when controlled properly, also show that homosexuality is only weakly correlated to genetics, at the very best. It's not a comfortable discussion leftists what to have.

There's lots of anti-science leftist ideas out there.

And what you're referring to in the OP is "socioeconomic mobility."

This site and chart actually tell a dishonest story.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/02/14/americans-overestimate-social-mobility-in-their-country

They only show 2 quintiles - highest and lowest. Strong sign of an anti-US bias (usually it's self-loathing Americans who do these things). But what about a measure of SEM that shows the aggregate of all quintiles? Or how about the SEM of people moving just one quintile higher? That'd be a more telling statistic than the dishonest portrayal from that site.

Another telling figure is the fact that "millennials" really do have it hard:

SEM has stalled since the 1990s:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/15/social-mobility-in-richest-countries-has-stalled-since-1990s

Other than semi-trolling and pretending to have any sort of semblance to intellectual posturing, do you have something substantive to talk about? You can't just post boring or unimportant topics and then beat your chest that you've trumped all the smart people on a dying message board. Buffoonery, brah.

Robtard
Whirly seems to have set off another Star Wars forum kid. Whirly has a special knack for this.

MythLord
Originally posted by Robtard
Whirly seems to have set off another Star Wars forum kid. Whirly has a special knack for this.
lol

Y'know, Rob, I'm also a Star Wars forum kid. Don't be so harsh; we're good people sad

Robtard
Originally posted by MythLord
lol

Y'know, Rob, I'm also a Star Wars forum kid. Don't be so harsh; we're good people sad

My bad, reading back it seems like I did lump you all into one box. Wasn't my intention, there are several "SW kids" who are cool and stable regardless of their politics.

Valkorion

gauntlet o doom
I prefer the twin study which supposes that gender is a social construct so of the two boys, one was raised male and the other a female.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
Twin studies, when controlled properly, also show that homosexuality is only weakly correlated to genetics, at the very best. It's not a comfortable discussion leftists what to have.

There's lots of anti-science leftist ideas out there.

And what you're referring to in the OP is "socioeconomic mobility."

This site and chart actually tell a dishonest story.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/02/14/americans-overestimate-social-mobility-in-their-country

They only show 2 quintiles - highest and lowest. Strong sign of an anti-US bias (usually it's self-loathing Americans who do these things). But what about a measure of SEM that shows the aggregate of all quintiles? Or how about the SEM of people moving just one quintile higher? That'd be a more telling statistic than the dishonest portrayal from that site.

Another telling figure is the fact that "millennials" really do have it hard:

SEM has stalled since the 1990s:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/15/social-mobility-in-richest-countries-has-stalled-since-1990s

Other than semi-trolling and pretending to have any sort of semblance to intellectual posturing, do you have something substantive to talk about? You can't just post boring or unimportant topics and then beat your chest that you've trumped all the smart people on a dying message board. Buffoonery, brah.

Lets be honest:

Who writes the research papers and articles?

No, I'm not trying to point to leftists. smile

They're all done by highly educated PHD's that are full of jealousy that their position makes them merely respected, instead of filthy rich and in control of things.

I mean, a head professor at Yale regularly hates on Stephan King and J.K. Rowling. You want to bet there's not some small amount of resentment in there that these hacks are far more influential (Not to mention rich) then his tenured arse?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.