Batman (1989 film) vs Daredevil (2003 film)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
The Tim Burton version of the caped crusader is going to fight the original movie Daredevil. Its Hand to Hand Combat.

During the battle, its late at night in Gotham City.

h1a8
DD

Robtard
Keaton's Batman while not as goofy as Adam West's Batman, is still pretty goofy and would likely one-shot DD.

John Murdoch
Both Affleck Matt Murdock and Keaton Bruce Wayne have the nigh-superhuman action hero thing going on for them, but Affleck is fueled by post Spider-Man 2002 CGI super feats like jumping and flipping from rooftop to rooftop. Doesn't he jump down to rooftops that are hundreds of feet below from what is jumping off? He also had the awareness to pull Bullseye's hands into the path of an oncoming sniper's bullet through a stained-glass window in their church fight. That's comic book insane.

Then again, Keaton Bats has the Joker bullet-timing feat from Batman 89 and the so-fast-you-can't-see-me-plant-a-dynamite-bomb-on-your-belt buckle feat from Batman Returns.

I want to say Keaton, but Affleck I think gets it done.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, 2003 DD, even though the film was absolutely awful, was rather beastly. Based on his leaping dozens of feat and such, his physical stats were outright superhuman. And, as mentioned above by John Murdoch, the dude is fast as phuck.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11130/111302962/5994556-freegifmaker.me_2awzf.gif

That being said, Keaton Bats is also pretty much superhuman, based on his feats. Good fight.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, 2003 DD, even though the film was absolutely awful, was rather beastly. Based on his leaping dozens of feat and such, his physical stats were outright superhuman.

That being said, Keaton Bats is also pretty much superhuman, based on his feats. Good fight.

Yes the leaps between building or across roofs and all was early 2000's comic book movie glory at its finest. No explanation, just blinded by chemicals + training a lot = superhuman. Boom. Done.

I'd pay to see this one, as Keaton Bats is the best Bats, IMO.

Impediment
DD stomps Keaton Batman.

BruceSkywalker
keaton bats' goons were better than affleckdevil goons...

keaton takes care of business

Jmanghan
Daredevil stomps.

steverules_2
Originally posted by John Murdoch

Then again, Keaton Bats has the Joker bullet-timing feat from Batman 89.

When did he bullet time?

riv6672
Originally posted by steverules_2
When did he bullet time?
Probably...not this scene:

http://townsquare.media/site/622/files/2011/05/batmanflop.gif

steverules_2
Originally posted by riv6672
Probably...not this scene:

Probably not as that guys not the joker

relentless1
Batman is a legit bullet timer; hes fast enough to block jacks bullet with his gauntlet

Hes durable enough to walk away from a plane crash

His armour can take bullets point blank range

Hes strong enough to EASILY hoist fully grown men over his head

He also has several great striking feats; knocking grown men several feet away from a standing position; both during his introduction on the rooftop as well as during his alleyway fight with Jokers goons

DD certainly has him beat in agility and traversal speed but Batmans durability, combat speed and strength could prove a huge problem for Daredevil

riv6672

Inhuman
I like Keaton Batman more so he wins because of that reason.

riv6672
^^^MOST HONEST MB POSTER AWARD 2019

John Murdoch
Originally posted by steverules_2
When did he bullet time?

The ACE Chemicals factory scene when he deflects a bullet fired from Napier's gun back across the side of his face. Legit raises his gauntlet after the firing of the weapon.

TheVaultDweller
Here ya go, people:

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111127013/5181700-speed+1.gif

steverules_2

-Pr-
Yeah, Keaton's Batman was bordering on superhuman if not over the line entirely. Against DD... I don't know, I think Batman would take it.

John Murdoch
Here ya go, people:

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111127013/5181700-speed+1.gif

Thank you sir.

riv6672

relentless1
how exactly is that not bullet timer aka fast as a bullet?? Batman raised his gauntlet to block the bullet AFTER it had been fired...

riv6672
Bullet time is dodging bullets as if they were in slo-mo...:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/5796228-deacon.gif

This is what happens when Batman doesn't block a bullet w. his gauntlet...:

Pretty obviously NOT bullet time.

Not saying Bats doesnt win, just calling bullshit on bullet time claims.

relentless1
bullet time (the visual effect) is stylistically dodging bullets ala the Matrix

being a bullet TIMER is being able to move at the speed of a bullet wether that's blocking or dodging movement

they are two different concepts of the same result

steverules_2
This argument could go on for a while

riv6672

h1a8
Here ya go, people:

Aim blocking.

I never got that Batman was superhuman. I admit I haven't seen the films in a long time.
What other feats does he have that borders superhuman ability?

h1a8
Originally posted by relentless1
how exactly is that not bullet timer aka fast as a bullet?? Batman raised his gauntlet to block the bullet AFTER it had been fired... The sequence is off (common thing). Otherwise that bullet was slow as shit.

Plus Batman arm is already in blocking position when the screen splits to him. He just raises it a little higher, but it's was always in the position to block.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by h1a8
Aim blocking.

I never got that Batman was superhuman. I admit I haven't seen the films in a long time.
What other feats does he have that borders superhuman ability?

I didn't mean to get into semantics about bullet timing vs aim-blocking by Keaton Batman, I just meant to show that he has some high level 80's/90's action hero feats that happened often back then. On a grander scale, it explains why Chris Reeve Superman could turn back time by flying around the earth and reversing its rotation, rebuild the Great Wall of China out of thin air, and push the moon to block the sun's rays, yet gets knocked down by a missile or two in Superman III. It's all old-school action fun. It's how James Bond could give Jaws pause even though Jaws survived having tons of stone dropped on him in Egypt.

The most notable Keaton feats are hanging by one hand and lifting with the other Vickie Vale to the cathedral ledge, lifting a Penguin goon in each hand and smacking their heads together, punching through his Batmobile floorboard to remove the Penguin's controlling device (he did this relatively quickly and on-the-fly, because the camera cuts show how close Batman was to running over an old lady crossing the street), and moving so quick the circus strongman didn't notice Keaton strapping a TNT timebomb to his belt buckle WHILE HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT HIM.

Anyways, I already said Keaton Batman is my favorite Batman, but nonetheless Affleck Daredevil beats him down. Affleck has him in every category except tech, and Keaton doesn't have any of that here.

h1a8
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I didn't mean to get into semantics about bullet timing vs aim-blocking by Keaton Batman, I just meant to show that he has some high level 80's/90's action hero feats that happened often back then. On a grander scale, it explains why Chris Reeve Superman could turn back time by flying around the earth and reversing its rotation, rebuild the Great Wall of China out of thin air, and push the moon to block the sun's rays, yet gets knocked down by a missile or two in Superman III. It's all old-school action fun. It's how James Bond could give Jaws pause even though Jaws survived having tons of stone dropped on him in Egypt.

The most notable Keaton feats are hanging by one hand and lifting with the other Vickie Vale to the cathedral ledge, lifting a Penguin goon in each hand and smacking their heads together, punching through his Batmobile floorboard to remove the Penguin's controlling device (he did this relatively quickly and on-the-fly, because the camera cuts show how close Batman was to running over an old lady crossing the street), and moving so quick the circus strongman didn't notice Keaton strapping a TNT timebomb to his belt buckle WHILE HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT HIM.

Anyways, I already said Keaton Batman is my favorite Batman, but nonetheless Affleck Daredevil beats him down. Affleck has him in every category except tech, and Keaton doesn't have any of that here.

Beautiful post!
I completely agree
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.