The Reparations Primary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Dems now supporting Reparations

Black pundits and hosts go off the rails

NBC

Surtur
Slavery was so 19th century. In this, the year 2019, I'm over it. Time to move on. It's 2019.

snowdragon
Oh man I'm just upset that they seem to be leaving out the Asians again roll eyes (sarcastic)

mike brown
I support reparations in theory... Though it's probably not politically feasible

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by mike brown
I support reparations in theory... Though it's probably not politically feasible

i think by investing said reparations into underclass neighborhoods, the positive results would make it the most impacting way to go about it. the idea of every afro-american getting a check is really dumb, though

mike brown
Yes I agree. Especially something like inner city schools.

Really though I don't even know how pragmatically impactful it will be either way... I just think it would be a good gesture. Yes, slavery was a long time ago. But we should have made it right back then. We did the exact opposite.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i think by investing said reparations into underclass neighborhoods, the positive results would make it the most impacting way to go about it. the idea of every afro-american getting a check is really dumb, though

I don't recall all of warren's platform but she was looking at something that would allow a down payment of 3.5% on homes that were in certain redlined zones in the past. That would only apply to families that had lived in an area for four years. It isn't on her website anymore though so we'll see.

Found it:

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/01/elizabeth-warren-housing-plan-redlining-racial-justice-reparations/579268/

As the article explains and I tend to agree that this wouldn't be reparations.

Surtur

Surtur
Originally posted by The Monkey King
You deserve to be raped by a monkey, monkey hater

I call for rape reparations!

Brolydacuck
I'm a cuck

Flyattractor
I say that You should Only Get Reps if you can ACTUALLY Prove taht YOU Yourself were an ACTUAL SLAVE at some point in your life.

cdtm
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

NBC

The democrats seem like they're throwing stuff at the wall, to see what sticks.

I think they were counting on the new blood, and learned the hard way why experience matters.

Deadline
The thing is black people could legitmately ask for reparations from The Democrat Party because of what Bill Clinton did (making drug laws target blacks) and the fact that The Democrats support Planned Parenthood that targets black communities.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

NBC

Because of what is being called the "Black Exodus" from the Democratic Party, they are having to create some sort very attractive and resonant platform. It also has to fit into their identity politics and virtue signaling strategies.

This might work. If it can bring back around 10%-15% of the black voter base, they may be able to beat Trump in 2020.

They need a strategy like this for Hispanic voters, too.

dadudemon
Originally posted by snowdragon
I don't recall all of warren's platform but she was looking at something that would allow a down payment of 3.5% on homes that were in certain redlined zones in the past. That would only apply to families that had lived in an area for four years. It isn't on her website anymore though so we'll see.

Found it:

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/01/elizabeth-warren-housing-plan-redlining-racial-justice-reparations/579268/

As the article explains and I tend to agree that this wouldn't be reparations.

Yes, this would be reparations. And it seems like a great way to go about it.

I don't think reparations are appropriate or even moral, though. But if it is forced on us, this isn't a bad way to go about it. It won't change much. And everything will go back to "baseline" after 5-ish years. Meaning it is an absolute waste of money. But the impacts would last longer than a quarter or two (like just simple checks would).

Originally posted by Deadline
The thing is black people could legitmately ask for reparations from The Democrat Party because of what Bill Clinton did (making drug laws target blacks) and the fact that The Democrats support Planned Parenthood that targets black communities.

Oh shit! Haha, that's hilarious. What a brilliant idea. But the GOP is too stupid to use an idea like this.

Surtur
The reasons Fly gets banned are weirder and weirder.

snowdragon
I should have gone further to state that it wasn't reparations in a more traditional sense of just handing out "money."

I think the better alternative is simply the UBI Andrew Yang detailed in his platform however that is for everyone of course.

dadudemon
Originally posted by snowdragon
I should have gone further to state that it wasn't reparations in a more traditional sense of just handing out "money."

I think the better alternative is simply the UBI Andrew Yang detailed in his platform however that is for everyone of course.

I'll have to take a look at Andrew Yang's proposal. I like The Fair Tax approach - it has a UBI.

Emperordmb
This is basically democrats trying to bribe black people to vote for them.

Archaeopteryx
What about modern day salves, women and girls in the sex trade? Personally I hate Republicans but stuff like this will drive me away from Democrats as well. Really don't know who I'll support at this point in 2020 except it definitly won't be Trump

Archaeopteryx
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I say that You should Only Get Reps if you can ACTUALLY Prove taht YOU Yourself were an ACTUAL SLAVE at some point in your life.

Sounds reasonable to me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.