Captain Marvel vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

Arachnid1
Gonna go out on a limb and say she wont stand a chance.

But we'll see.

BrolyBlack
Superman shit stomps

carthage
What are her feats

Inhuman
Originally posted by carthage
What are her feats

She can create life.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Inhuman
She can create life.

She made the universe, she beats Doctor Manhattan

NemeBro
If my source is accurate she will likely stomp.

playa1258
Yeah if the leaks are true she is beyond anyone in the DCEU or MCU barring abstracts.

Smallville Superman would be a better match.

steverules_2
Originally posted by NemeBro
If my source is accurate she will likely stomp.

Is it Kevin Feige?

NemeBro
Originally posted by steverules_2
Is it Kevin Feige? Nah, but playa up there PMed me some leaks.

Going to spoiler what he sent me, so read at your own risk:

She moves a planet away from Earth and can blast holes straight through moons.

NemeBro
Originally posted by playa1258
Yeah if the leaks are true she is beyond anyone in the DCEU or MCU barring abstracts.

Smallville Superman would be a better match. Nah, it would just be a stomp in the opposite direction.

steverules_2
Ahhhh so she can move planets

So that makes her stronger than JL supes cause he wasn't doing that shit

steverules_2
Originally posted by playa1258

Smallville Superman would be a better match.

Done

carthage
Lmao Clark is done for

BruceSkywalker
haven't seen the film yet but she stomps

Surtur

steverules_2

Surtur

steverules_2
Originally posted by Surtur
A villain owning him has no bearing on how powerful he is among heroes.

All the other Avengers had a pretty good showing against Thanos, and he was using the stones

Hulks punches didn't seem to affect Thanos

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, when people who should be below him, like Iron Man, can take more hits from Thanos (and that's ignoring the various IG blasts, moon chunk meteor, or his earlier fight with Cull, where his suit already took hits that sent him going through a building at one point), as well as inflict some damage (even if minor), where the Hulk can do next to nothing before getting KO'd, something is up.

But, like most people, I am expecting Hulk to get a power creep in Endgame.

On a side note though, the Russos have confirmed that Hulk not appearing after the beating from Thanos has to do with his relationship with Banner (he feels like Banner just uses him to do the heavy lifting before trying to shut him away). It has nothing to do with being afraid of Thanos.

Surtur
All the other Avengers had a pretty good showing against Thanos, and he was using the stones

Hulks punches didn't seem to affect Thanos

That's called bad writing. Unless you feel Hulk had a power downgrade and everyone else got a power up...

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, when people who should be below him, like Iron Man, can take more hits from Thanos (and that's ignoring the various IG blasts, moon chunk meteor, or his earlier fight with Cull, where his suit already took hits that sent him going through a building at one point), as well as inflict some damage (even if minor), where the Hulk can do next to nothing before getting KO'd, something is up.

But, like most people, I am expecting Hulk to get a power creep in Endgame.

On a side note though, the Russos have confirmed that Hulk not appearing after the beating from Thanos has to do with his relationship with Banner (he feels like Banner just uses him to do the heavy lifting before trying to shut him away). It has nothing to do with being afraid of Thanos.

The only in story explanation I can come up with is Thanos was toying with them. He had multiple stones by the time he faced off against any of the Avengers besides Thor and Hulk. He could have teleported people into space or turned them inside out if he wanted. Yet he didn't do anything fancy, especially at the end. I think it's cuz by that point he had the time gem and he knew he could undo anything they did.

Otherwise it seems like the writers just didn't realize what it would imply about the massive gap in power levels if lesser Avengers put up even a little bit of a fight against Thanos wielding the stones.

Side note: Remember Thor Ragnarok? Where Hela is walking through Odin's treasure room and it shows an infinity gauntlet and she says it's a fake? Yet...we are told in Infinity War nobody but Thanos has ever wielded more than one stone and we also find out the gauntlet itself was recently made.

steverules_2

TheVaultDweller
The only in story explanation I can come up with is Thanos was toying with them. He had multiple stones by the time he faced off against any of the Avengers besides Thor and Hulk. He could have teleported people into space or turned them inside out if he wanted. Yet he didn't do anything fancy, especially at the end. I think it's cuz by that point he had the time gem and he knew he could undo anything they did.

Otherwise it seems like the writers just didn't realize what it would imply about the massive gap in power levels if lesser Avengers put up even a little bit of a fight against Thanos wielding the stones.

Side note: Remember Thor Ragnarok? Where Hela is walking through Odin's treasure room and it shows an infinity gauntlet and she says it's a fake? Yet...we are told in Infinity War nobody but Thanos has ever wielded more than one stone and we also find out the gauntlet itself was recently made.

I think it was also meant as part of set up for the Hulk for Endgame. IIRC, back around the time they did Ragnarok, they said they were telling a Hulk story over the course of 3 of the MCU films, because doing a Hulk solo film isn't really on the cards due to the rights between studios, with the first part being in Ragnarok. IW was basically the 2nd act, where the hero gets knocked on their ass, and then has to regroup to come back stronger for the final fight, which will be in Endgame.

steverules_2
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think it was also meant as part of set up for the Hulk for Endgame. IIRC, back around the time they did Ragnarok, they said they were telling a Hulk story over the course of 3 of the MCU films, because doing a Hulk solo film isn't really on the cards due to the rights between studios, with the first part being in Ragnarok. IW was basically the 2nd act, where the hero gets knocked on their ass, and then has to regroup to come back stronger for the final fight, which will be in Endgame.

So every Rocky movie

TheVaultDweller
So every Rocky movie

Well, they already have comparable vocabulary.

NemeBro
The leaks lied.

Superman would beat her to death.

FrothByte
Originally posted by carthage
What are her feats

Apparently she was powerful enough to take-out a good chunk of MCU fans.

Robtard
The leaks lied.

Superman would beat her to death. Let me guess, she's also not the "most powerful ever"? I imagined that was hyperbole to hype people up which in turn triggered some. I imagine she wouldn't be superior to IW Thor.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Apparently she was powerful enough to take-out a good chunk of MCU fans.

Heh, well played

Inhuman
Her best feat happened during the 1st credits. She flew though a black hole effortlessly.

quanchi112
She decimates Superman. This would not be close.

Impediment

ShadowFyre
How come yall cant acknowledge that either would put up a good fight? They both have advantages over the other. I highly doubt its a stomp either way

quanchi112

carthage

BrolyBlack
The leaks lied.

Superman would beat her to death.

Yup. Superman would have one shooter all those Kree. Like turned them to dust. She struggled with them.

BrolyBlack

NemeBro

NemeBro
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
How come yall cant acknowledge that either would put up a good fight? They both have advantages over the other. I highly doubt its a stomp either way Because it wouldn't be.

Her strength feats are not on par with his lowest limits early in Man of Steel, she hasn't tanked nearly what Superman has, and in combat speed it isn't comparable.

ares834
Because it wouldn't be.

Her strength feats are not on par with his lowest limits early in Man of Steel, she hasn't tanked nearly what Superman has, and in combat speed it isn't comparable.

If she survived a black hole that would put her durability well beyond anything Supes has shown.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

ares834
Yes, it would. Admittedly, I haven't seen the film yet so I don't know if it's a legit black hole or not. But if it was, Superman couldn't even tickle her.

Estacado
Superman 1 shots her...

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by ares834
Yes, it would. Admittedly, I haven't seen the film yet so I don't know if it's a legit black hole or not. But if it was, Superman couldn't even tickle her.

Shut up already. You haven’t seen the movie.

The movie is arguably better then MOS, doesn’t mean she’s stronger then Superman.

ares834
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Shut up already. You haven’t seen the movie.

Does she survive a black hole? Yes or no?

BrolyBlack

Inhuman
Does she survive a black hole? Yes or no?

Okay I'm going to draw a picture of what was shown in the movie.
When the movie was over and the credits were rolling (before the first post credit scene) on the screen in the background , you can see Carol traveling through space. Once you watch the movie you'll know why she's traveling through space at the end.
In one of the scenes this is what is shown.

Spoiler image. I drew this shit on my phone just to give you an idea.

https://i.imgur.com/3rMHKZx.jpg

Carol is on the right side and the trail is her flying trail she leaves, showing us she flew in that direction.

Take that as you may.

In my opinion, they were showing you she flew through a ****ing black hole. Shrug.

BrolyBlack
So did other space ship who have less durability then her.

Inhuman
So did other space ship who have less durability then her.

The scene I'm talking about did not show a spaceship.
I remember looking for a spaceship but it was only Carol that I saw on the screen. Might have to re-watch it to make sure but that's what I remember.

BrolyBlack
The scene "you drew" is not from the movie.

She went into hyperspace with two other spaceships. Lets stop pretending and using drawings here to avoid reality.

Inhuman
The scene "you drew" is not from the movie.

Lulz, just because you missed it doesn't mean it wasn't there. Like I said it's during when the credits rolling in the background.

he went into hyperspace with two other spaceships. Lets stop pretending and using drawings here to avoid reality.

When an actual screenshot is posted, I want to see what your excuse is going to be instead of your usual jackassery.

I'm about 95% sure there was no spaceship but let's say there was that'll just mean the spaceship had some godly durability as well because they survived the feat that was shown on screen. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it didn't happen in the movie.

BrolyBlack
I stayed for both end credit scenes. You missed the part where she went with the ships that have less durability then her.

Superman stomps bucko. I notice your to much of a coward to debate Imp though.

Show me any fighting scenes that put her above Superman. $20 says you cant.

Inhuman
I stared for both end credit scenes. Superman stomps bucko. I notice your to much of a coward to debate Imp though.

Are you dumb? I've said multiple times it wasn't in an after credit scene. It was when the credits were rolling before the first after credit scene. It happened in the background. You probably missed it if you were not paying attention.

Also I never said who would win. I just posted a feat from the movie and I said, "take that as you please".
That goes for anybody not specifically you. Read my posts more carefully next time so I don't have to break it down to kindergarten levels.

Robtard
So it's settled, Ms. Tanksblackholes would tear DCU Superman in half

BrolyBlack
You just dont want to debate her combat feats because you realize that her combat feats dont compare to his.

-Pr-
From the movie itself, I saw nothing that made me think she could beat him. If the black hole thing is true/valid though, then obviously that changes things.

Inhuman
You just dont want to debate her combat feats because you realize that her combat feats dont compare to his.

In 95% of the movie she didnt even know how to use her powers properly or even let them out at full power. Just small bursts. She didnt even know how to fly until the last 5-10 minutes of the film.
So that version of her , yeah Superman would beat. After the she learns to fly and lets loose more with her powers, when she was destroying star ships by just flying through them , ect. IDK. Not enough was shown imo.
Then you get the black hole scene in the background during the rolling credits.

So if its "clueless not knowing how to use her powers Carol", not even being able to fly, then Superman wins.
All out cutting loose Carol (which no more than 5 minutes were shown), I dont know.

BrolyBlack
In 95% of the movie she didnt even know how to use her powers properly or even let them out at full power. Just small bursts. She didnt even know how to fly until the last 5-10 minutes of the film.
So that version of her , yeah Superman would beat. After the she learns to fly and lets loose more with her powers, when she was destroying star ships by just flying through them , ect. IDK. Not enough was shown imo.
Then you get the black hole scene in the background during the rolling credits.

So if its "clueless not knowing how to use her powers Carol", not even being able to fly, then Superman wins.
All out cutting loose Carol (which no more than 5 minutes were shown), I dont know.

Superman casually punched a large hole just with the flip of his hand. He also flew through another ship like nothing.

Are you trying to suggest Superman couldnt fly through those ships now when he already flew through others?

Inhuman
Superman casually punched a large hole just with the flip of his hand. He also flew through another ship like nothing.

Are you trying to suggest Superman couldnt fly through those ships now when he already flew through others?

I already said, I dont know who wins if Carol is at full power going all out.
If the Black-hole scene is validated then it changes to her favor imo.

Inhuman
Also you can tell which of you degenerates saw the pirate version, because it cuts out before the end credits and black hole scene is shown. Thats why some are clueless LEL. baka

BrolyBlack
I just watched it in IMAX

BrolyBlack

BruceSkywalker
Okay I'm going to draw a picture of what was shown in the movie.
When the movie was over and the credits were rolling (before the first post credit scene) on the screen in the background , you can see Carol traveling through space. Once you watch the movie you'll know why she's traveling through space at the end.
In one of the scenes this is what is shown.

Spoiler image. I drew this shit on my phone just to give you an idea.

https://i.imgur.com/3rMHKZx.jpg

Carol is on the right side and the trail is her flying trail she leaves, showing us she flew in that direction.

Take that as you may.

In my opinion, they were showing you she flew through a ****ing black hole. Shrug.

nice drawing..... I agree with your post

BrolyBlack

Inhuman
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
nice drawing..... I agree with your post

Did you see the scene I'm talking about? Most people missed it because it was in the background during the credits.

BrolyBlack

Inhuman
I would 100% agree if it was an illustration or drawing or random pictures in the background or something like that but it was shown like if it was part of the movie just at the end when the credits are rolling. It continued with the theme of the ending, which was after she flew away to space. It was live action footage. CGI but still footage that pertained to the ending.

BrolyBlack
I would 100% agree if it was an illustration or drawing or something like that but it was shown like if it was part of the movie just at the end when the credits are rolling. It continued with the theme of the ending which was when she flew away to space. It was live action footage. CGI but still footage that pertained to the ending.

Zero context to the feat. She has no combat feats that put her above Kal.

Robtard
I would 100% agree if it was an illustration or drawing or random pictures in the background or something like that but it was shown like if it was part of the movie just at the end when the credits are rolling. It continued with the theme of the ending, which was after she flew away to space. It was live action footage. CGI but still footage that pertained to the ending. End scenes still count as part of the film. Danvers tanks black holes for breakfast.

Using science we know a Black Hole > Neutron Star, as a BH can literally consume stars, we've witnessed this. So Carol > Thor > Superman. Facts now.

BrolyBlack
Nope, nice Hugh box you got going on here.

Imp already ruled Superman shit stomps

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
End scenes still count as part of the film. Danvers tanks black holes for breakfast.

Using science we know a Black Hole > Neutron Star, as a BH can literally consume stars, we've witnessed this. So Carol > Thor. Facts now.

Math seems to check out.

Have to see it again to make sure I remember it exactly how I'm describing it. Maybe I'm wrong sad

If you are going to see the movie tomorrow like you said, then you can see for yourself and provide your own input on what that scene means or doesn't mean.

BrolyBlack
Confirmation bias, you guys have zero combat feats that put her above Superman.

Clowns

Inhuman
barker

BrolyBlack
List her combat feats that put her above Superman. Stop using ending credits to justify the fight.

Robtard
Math seems to check out.

Have to see it again to make sure I remember it exactly how I'm describing it. Maybe I'm wrong sad

If you are going to see the movie tomorrow like you said, then you can see for yourself and provide your own input on what that scene means or doesn't mean.

I'll let you know what I see.

relentless1
based on what I saw in that film she cant beat Superman, he's much faster and arguably much stronger too; he took a nuke to the face and lived; his strength feats (pulling a battleship and carrying a apartment complex casually) beats her smashing through the tree ship although she clearly flies faster than he does her combat speed isn't on par, her blasts may give him problems for a time but I think she's still outclassed based on what we've seen in MOS, BvS and JL

carthage

BrolyBlack

carthage

BrolyBlack

carthage
I can after I have my gender reassignment surgery

BrolyBlack

carthage

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

ares834
confused

Robtard
confused

I think he meant "didn't tank", but Kal was left in a desiccated-like state (kinda like the comic/anime) and was unconscious, needing the Sun to recharge him. Still a decent feat, but it's not like Kal shrugged off the nuke without a problem.

Retarded looking Doomsday, he seems to tank it just fine, making him more powerful.

BrolyBlack

BruceSkywalker

playa1258
Superman beats her for now.

Estacado
Tbh I dont think that was a blackhole it was only a warpgate.. Imo..

Surtur
Confirmation bias, you guys have zero combat feats that put her above Superman.

Clowns

I've yet to see any feats posted that suggest she is fast enough to land a hit on Superman.

FrothByte
Carol loses.

Impediment

Estacado

BrolyBlack
I was expecting a lot more.

Josh_Alexander
Carol is clearly more durable and clearly faster.

Superman is stronger, but does he have enough strength to put her down....I don't think so, she was crashing warships without even a scratch.

Carol's power output is clearly above though....

Am placing my bets on Carol.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Gonna go out on a limb and say she won't stand a chance.

But we'll see. Called it. Figured.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Superman is stronger, but does he have enough strength to put her down....I don't think so, she was crashing warships without even a scratch.

Your opinion is a joke as usual

Josh_Alexander

Sure DC fanboy. Wouldn't surprise me if you haven't watched the movie.

BrolyBlack
Marvel is better than DC. Your opinion is a joke as usual.

Josh_Alexander
Marvel is better than DC. Your opinion is a joke as usual.

Besides a DC fanboy also a hypocrite, ohh such a suprise laughing out loud

Denvers wins.

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander
thumb up

thumb down

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander
Did you see the scene I'm talking about? Most people missed it because it was in the background during the credits.

Yeah, she was travelling at the speed of light too, it is implied. Since she was next to the ship, and the ship was said to be able to travel that fast.

BrolyBlack
There isnt a single thing she can do to hurt Superman besides your fanboy wank.

Josh_Alexander
There isnt a single thing she can do to hurt Superman besides your fanboy wank.

Someone is butthurt...OHHHHH! Don't worry, am sure Superman will one day be as fast wink

Carol speedblitz him! laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
V8NAWrKlsAU

Josh_Alexander
V8NAWrKlsAU

laughing out loud That isn't even close to lightspeed son. laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Flying speed doesnt count as combat speed son.

Imp has already ruled on this.

Forum rules>your opinion

Josh_Alexander
Flying speed doesnt count as combat speed son.

Imp has already ruled on this.

Forum rules>your opinion

Speed is speed son. Carol is faster in her binary form, get it over. I know you are butthurt because a girl is faster than superman, just don't make it that obvious. :P

Impediment
My opinion isn't a ruling.

Just my opinion.

BrolyBlack
Speed is speed son. Carol is faster in her binary form, get it over. I know you are butthurt because a girl is faster than superman, just don't make it that obvious. :P

Flight speed has nothing to do with combat speed. I actually base my opinion on feats not gender unlike you.

Josh_Alexander
Flight speed has nothing to do with combat speed. I actually base my opinion on feats not gender unlike you.

The definition is clear, Carol moves faster. Get it over with sexist!

BrolyBlack
The definition is clear, Carol moves faster. Get it over with sexist!

Originally posted by Impediment
A message to all of you:

The next person to derail a thread is getting a 30 day temp ban.

Stop. F*cking. Derailing. Threads!

Take it to the MVF Social.

Test me if you think I'm bluffing.

I just reported your for trolling and namecalling. Imp said the next person who does that is getting banned for 30 days, good luck

Josh_Alexander
I just reported your for trolling and namecalling. Imp said the next person who does that is getting banned for 30 days, good luck

Except am not derailing anything. Am clearly debating Carol's speed.

laughing out loud What a pathetic attempt at trolling.

BrolyBlack
You are name calling, that is trolling. Good luck with the report.

Josh_Alexander
You are name calling, that is trolling. Good luck with the report.

I was clearly addressing the topic, now you just derailed it.

Furthermore, you began the trolling.

@Imp: Here I quote you Broly, who casted the first stone:

He is just a terrible troll.

BrolyBlack
On ignore you go

Josh_Alexander
On ignore you go

How convinient, just as I unraveled your pathetic attempt at trolling me laughing out loud

HAHAHAHA! Your defeat has been accepted and don't worry, I forgive you for trying to troll The Tribunal.

Josh_Alexander

Just my opinion.

Thank you for the clarification Impediment, i was finding it odd for you to make such a regulation.

BrolyBlack
t0l4MPOLg4s
Best review ever

Josh_Alexander
t0l4MPOLg4s
Best review ever

This doesn't belong here and should be posted on the Captain Marvel thread, in the Movie Discussion section.

I would report you for derailing the thread, but I know you are new arround here so...I'll give you a pass wink

Either way, funny review

BrolyBlack

Just my opinion.

Its been a long established precedent here for years that just because you can run or fly fast, that doesnt means your a combat speedster.

Josh_Alexander
Its been a long established precedent here for years that just because you can run or fly fast, that doesnt means your a combat speedster.

How does someone who just recently joined the forum know about "long established predicaments"?

Whose sock are you?

BrolyBlack
Everybody knows who I am but you apparently

Josh_Alexander
Everybody knows who I am but you apparently

Hmmm, interesting.

Either way, Carol wins.

P.S: Nice to know am not ignored :P

BrolyBlack
Carol loses

NemeBro
Don't respond to Josh, his posts are worthless.

Superman has the edge in the majority of combat-applicable stats. Carol has the advantage in energy projection and from what we saw linear travel speed in a vacuum.

steverules_2

Josh_Alexander
Don't respond to Josh, his posts are worthless.

Superman has the edge in the majority of combat-applicable stats. Carol has the advantage in energy projection and from what we saw linear travel speed in a vacuum.

Says the one who claimed Superman could cross continents in seconds laughing out loud Let me guess, you are jealous because Marvel can actually cross continents in seconds!

You are funny.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, Superman stomps.

Josh_Alexander

Josh_Alexander
No, she doesn't. But she doesn't a lot of other stuff without the least of a struggle (we don't really see her upper limit .

edit: does

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, Superman stomps. Based on?

Surtur

Name the speed feats and by the way space travel feats don't translate into combat super speed.

Now bring on them speed feats.

Josh_Alexander
Name the speed feats and by the way space travel feats don't translate into combat super speed.

Now bring on them speed feats.

Speed is speed. You don't get to alter definitions son.

Carol travels at the speed of light, get it over with.

BrolyBlack
Superman took on 4 of his peers with ease, she barely could take on her.

Robtard
@josh

Where are you getting that Capt Marvel travels at light speeds?

Josh_Alexander
@josh

Where are you getting that Capt Marvel travels at light speeds?

The end scene. When Mar-Vell's ship jumps into lightspeed, Carol is right next side following it.

Also, she upgraded Fury's device so he can communicate with her galaxies away. She's got to travel pretty fast to travel galactic distances don't you think?

Surtur
Speed is speed. You don't get to alter definitions son.

Carol travels at the speed of light, get it over with.

Nope it does not work that way, otherwise every Green Lantern is a FTL monster in combat speed.

One more time: speed feats

Josh_Alexander
Superman took on 4 of his peers with ease, she barely could take on her.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Robtard
The end scene. When Mar-Vell's ship jumps into lightspeed, Carol is right next side following it.

Also, she upgraded Fury's device so he can communicate with her galaxies away. She's got to travel pretty fast to travel galactic distances don't you think?

I don't think it or she jumped to light speed, as (per the plot) Mar-Vell was working on developing a light speed engine which was powered by the Space Stone, but it was destroyed.

She can travel fast, but the plot point was that ships are not capable of light speeds (which is odd to me admittedly). The Kree ships seem to fold space in traveling great distances. The open up a point/portal and they pass into another spot in the galaxy.

Josh_Alexander
Nope it does not work that way, otherwise every Green Lantern is a FTL monster in combat speed.

One more time: speed feats

Again, speed is speed, regardless of the action.

You want to limit the definition of speed, then bring hard evidence to do so. Otherwise, the definition nullifies your argument.

Josh_Alexander
I don't think it or she jumped to light speed, as (per the plot) Mar-Vell was working on developing a light speed engine which was powered by the Space Stone, but it was destroyed.

It was the ship. That's why Talos begged Marvel to show him the ship, so they could escape the Kree. The ship at the end of the movie was as fast as light.

Also, remember that Yon Rogg stated that Marvel absorbed the engine's power.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>